WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Options to get rid of old roofing material? (IE)

DWC

Reaction score
Had water damage on the roof of my patio cover. Had to pull off a couple hundred sq feet of sheathing, felt and rolled roofing. Turns out Waste management doesn’t want roofing in the small dumpster. They wanted a shit load for the large one.
Any suggestions besides heading down to Depot to grab a guy?
Located in Chino.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I think the short walled 40 footer isnt to much. Have it delivered it and pick up the next day. Done deal. And save ya a lot of time

Last edited:

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Had water damage on the roof of my patio cover. Had to pull off a couple hundred sq feet of sheathing, felt and rolled roofing. Turns out Waste management doesn’t want roofing in the small dumpster. They wanted a shit load for the large one.
Located in Chino.

If it’s asphalt shingles and felt
Might try a hot mix asphalt company that shreds and use that recycled for the bitumen content
Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
A couple squares isn't much. I don't know if it's a legality, or weight thing. A couple of weeks in seperate loads and WM never popped me. The other thing is look around real quick for a tear off crew working in your area, and float them some cash to take it.

If you haul it anywhere, be careful! Capsheet will scratch the shit out of your bed, and the asphalt will smudge on everything...including your tile floors when it sticks on your shoes:rolleyes:

77charger

Reaction score
If you haul it anywhere, be careful! Capsheet will scratch the shit out of your bed, and the asphalt will smudge on everything...including your tile floors when it sticks on your shoes:rolleyes:
Wd 40 cleans up the smudges or streaks on floors pretty good though.

DWC

Reaction score
A couple squares isn't much. I don't know if it's a legality, or weight thing. A couple of weeks in seperate loads and WM never popped me. The other thing is look around real quick for a tear off crew working in your area, and float them some cash to take it.

I thought about sneaking it into the next few regular loads. It really isn’t that much overall. Just a pain to get rid of at this point. Figured I’d see if there are other options before i end up taking a couple runs to the dump

TrollerDave

Reaction score
B3B6D406-CF99-4E98-B561-ABF1B9360F9D.png
You can call and ask. In Ontario on Mission between Mountain and Benson.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Good people. Met with them once at their office. The kids talked about riding/skimming snowmobiles across water. It was the first time i had heard of it.
There are two different kinds of water skipping, some guys like to do it for sport....

Others will tell the tale of survival at the bar with ghost white faces and knocking knees......

:D:D:D

Headless hula

Reaction score
Good people. Met with them once at their office. The kids talked about riding/skimming snowmobiles across water. It was the first time i had heard of it.
Picture Walter Matthau, and Jack Lemmon in that latter group...:p:D:p:eek:

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I took down a half pipe I had made for my kid when he skated. Gave my gardener ( who also trims trees) a 100 bucks to haul it to the dump.

I’ve also given the trash guy 20 bucks to take small shit. One time he even helped me shovel 3 or 4 trashcan loads of dirt and rocks when I was doing my sod. He was in front of my house for 10- 15 min tops. Gave him a 20 and a 6 pack.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
On Craigslist there's lots of guys that will come a haul it away for you. Some will drop off a trailer and leave it while you load it up, then pull the trailer when you're ready.

Also those Home Depot giant bags. You fill, they haul. Check out Waste Management Bagster.

DWC

Reaction score
On Craigslist there's lots of guys that will come a haul it away for you. Some will drop off a trailer and leave it while you load it up, then pull the trailer when you're ready.

Also those Home Depot giant bags. You fill, they haul. Check out Waste Management Bagster.
Thank you for both. Very much appreciated.

NicPaus

Reaction score
take it to the dump... $25
Is that all it is in the IE? Waste management by me is $130 minimum to dump. Have 2 dump trailers loaded that need dumping probably be $500 for both loads.

DWC

Reaction score
Is that all it is in the IE? Waste management by me is $130 minimum to dump. Have 2 dump trailers loaded that need dumping probably be $500 for both loads.

I haven’t been in quite awhile but it sounds cheap. The small dumpster is $130ish and it fits quite a bit. I get it probably once a year and clean house/garage.

Yellowboat

Reaction score

Those things are a joke, it's between 200-300 for 1.5 yards

NicPaus

Reaction score
Those things are a joke, it's between 200-300 for 1.5 yards
I charge $500 a load for dump trailer up to 2 tons. $125 each additional ton. Dump fees have gone through the roof. Clean dirt or clean concrete is at $50 a ton. Hard to make any money on clean ups just do it as part of the job.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Rent a vibratory compactor. Set the shit on fire in front of yoooooor mailbox, pack in the newly warmed blacktop????

Reactions: DWC

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I charge $500 a load for dump trailer up to 2 tons. $125 each additional ton. Dump fees have gone through the roof. Clean dirt or clean concrete is at $50 a ton. Hard to make any money on clean ups just do it as part of the job.
I am use to $50 a ton and dirt and clean concrete is free.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I did a side job a few months ago... I took 500# C/D... cost under $20.. surprised me!!

Waste Management - El Sobrante Landfill
10910 Dawson Canyon Rd, Corona, CA 92883
(866) 909-4458
https://maps.app.goo.gl/N7xaR78ZdrgdzY6z8

DLC

Reaction score
I would look for a yelp /e bay / let it go etc yard trash hauler. There are tons of guys. Google trash hauling with your zip code.

Any neighbors have a lawn yard guy? Networking might solve your problem. Just give them a few extra bucks for
Lunch - that’s just in case you might need them again in the future!

If you were closer I would
Just drop off the dump trailer !

I’m going to dump / trash an old
Above ground hot tub next week

Reactions: DWC

DLC

Reaction score
Get some heavy duty trash bags and load up a small amount in each bag.

50 bags are like $25-30 bucks then dump a bag or 2 each week and you might be able to dump some in the neighbors can once they hit the street curb side if they aren’t full

DWC

Reaction score
Get some heavy duty trash bags and load up a small amount in each bag.

50 bags are like $25-30 bucks then dump a bag or 2 each week and you might be able to dump some in the neighbors can once they hit the street curb side if they aren’t full

I might have done the neighbor sneak a few times in my life. Late night garage can dumps. Always seem to be a lot of cans. :)

The felt and msr won’t be a big deal. It’s 7 sheets of sheathing that are gonna suck.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I might have done the neighbor sneak a few times in my life. Late night garage can dumps. Always seem to be a lot of cans. :)

The felt and msr won’t be a big deal. It’s 7 sheets of sheathing that are gonna suck.
7 sheets of plywood is not considered Roofing material...

Reactions: DLC

DWC

Reaction score
7 sheets of plywood is not considered Roofing material...
Yeah, but the felt and MSR is on the no fly list for some reason. I guess i could cram that stuff in the trash can and put the sheathing in a dumpster.

Maestro

Reaction score
Located in Chino.
I have a guy that'll come and haul it away for a decent price

lIQUIDATEDdAMAGES

Reaction score

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
DWC
if all fails... rent a Home Depot 1/2 truck, load up and take all the debris to El Sobrante (sp) Dump ... 4 hour max event