WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Disqualified due to a "Wedgie"?????

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Good grief, who allows these idiots to be officials anyway?:rolleyes::mad:

A young lady wearing school issues uniform swimwear has he4r win taqken away by the judgement of a fool in my opinion.....

A high school swimmer in Alaska won her 100-meter freestyle heat on Friday, only to be disqualified as soon as she got out of the water. Her one-piece swimsuit broke the modesty rule, the referee announced.

The young girl, a 17-year-old state championship swimmer at Dimond High School in Anchorage, was wearing the school-issued swimsuit that every other girl on the team was wearing and yet she was the only one disqualified. A referee who was present at the swim meet told the Anchorage Daily News that the official who made the controversial call disqualified the girl because she could see “butt cheek touching butt cheek.”

The referee who made the controversial call has not been publicly named and HuffPost will not identify the high school swimmer who was disqualified, as she is a minor.

The disqualification quickly stirred controversy in the Anchorage community, with some pointing to the fact that the swimmer is nonwhite and “curvier” than most others on the team. Lauren Langford, a swim coach at a neighboring high school, was the first to make this point in a Saturday essay on Medium.

“All of these girls are all wearing suits that are cut the same way,” Langford told The Washington Post on Tuesday. “And the only girl who gets disqualified is a mixed-race girl with rounder, curvier features.”

Langford explained in her essay that the national standards for high school swimming and diving attire ― also referred to by some as the “modesty rule” ― require male and female athletes to cover their genitals, buttocks and breasts. But, as Langford pointed out, almost all swimmers’ suits move while they are competing ― known as a “suit wedgie.”

“Wedgies happen. It’s uncomfortable. No one’s going to walk around that way intentionally,” she told the Post.

The Anchorage School District announced on Monday that it has opened an investigation into the referee’s controversial disqualification call.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-swi...ed-swimsuit-broke-modesty-rule-203953094.html

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Someone's Holier than you personal opinion clouded the call to DQ the girl.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
If she was 18 years old as opposed to 17, I was going to ask for photos as I don't think said weggie happened :D

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The second place finisher Betty Buttwoman was elated

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
This thread is useless without pics. :D The referee is an idiot. She has learned her lesson, adjust swimsuit before climbing out of the pool or some idiot will be offended.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
This isn't it...

NINTCHDBPICT000503042599.jpg

Ladsm

Reaction score
my daughter plays high School water polo and the damn team uniform suits they have to wear are already high cut on the sides. Some of the games I have to keep reminding myself they are barely 18, dont stare.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I hope this does not turn out like the kid that had to cut his hair or forefiet last year in wreslting. Where the ref 100% made the right call per rules, but because he said something that we mildly racist years back he got dumped on.

I hate the modern news, so much lack of info it's not even funny. For all we know the judge could have warned her a dozen times, and he finally put his foot down. Then again it would also not shock me if the girl gave her self the wedgie, to expose her butt then started twerking.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Having spent years on a pool deck or in a pool, and being married to a girl that got a full ride for swimming: Fuck Off Ref! Suits for finals and qualifying for big events used to be called "Paper Suits". Damn near paint, and weren't expected to last. As a whole, competition suits violate some form of decency rules.

Don't get me wrong though. Suits should have weight ratings, like tires!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Nonwhite... wtf is that!!
LOL, I was thinking the same thing,.... I guess not quite black is inappropriate...lol..the new gray (grey)…. or what ever it is....

LMFAO.... so we now have black, white, red, yellow,... and the new gray(grey)….:D...and for the record.... no one is black, white, red, yellow..... or gray,grey….

Singleton

Reaction score
My daughter swims, so I read a few articles on this.
Alaska has a modesty rule and the suit must cover the entire butt. School issued suit and every female team member wore the same cut suit.
The kid was the only 1 DQ’d. If they are going to enforce the rule, every female swimmer on the team should of been DQ’d.

Her younger sister was not DQ’d. Official did not enforce rule equally, so IMO, results should be reinstated or entire team DQ’d.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
DQ was overturned today.
School district reinstated win and tossed rule out since it was so vague.
We were just getting decent pictures in here and you just had to ruin it. LOl
:D

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We were just getting decent pictures in here and you just had to ruin it. LOl
:D
"Word on the street" was a father of a teammate had taken pics of said butt, and emailed to other parents. Had also made multiple mentions to said butt's mother that both her daughters shouldn't be swimming like that.

Shutterbug father may have a whole new issue, depending on the nature of the pics...

I made mention of this fiasco to my wife, and she is still facespace friends with a ton of swimmers, including a college teammate that lives in Juno or something.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
That sounds super complicated. :eek:
I'm dealing with an epic rainstom of the late summer, a broken gutter,55 gallon barrel, a siphon hose and I'm all wet.
Aint nobody wants to see pics of this mess. :D
To all the guys east of me, I hope you're having better luck tonight.