WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

9-11.... There's a different angle

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The 9/11 attack was one of the single biggest turning points in my lifetime. I can still remember watching the TV in absolute disbelief. I can still remember even the next day feeling "empty" inside and questioning who we are, and how we are going to respond to this. I can still remember my work calling me and telling me to come in "no matter what"

It wasn't heart wrenching, it wasn't sadness, at the time for myself it wasn't even compassion. It was absolutely earth shattering. Our whole world imploded on that day. It was a feeling of being displaced, of innocence shattered. It was a feeling of helplessness, and everything that I had believed having the rug pulled out from under me.

Terrorists whom up until that point (to my knowledge at the time) had some list of demands and were willing to die for it... No longer had a list of demands. They were no longer holding hostages at some foreign airport with some escape plan. Things have shifted to "instilling terror." The terrorists turned to "Lets kill everyone including ourselves."

It isn't just suicide bomber time at some cafe in a foreign country. This was home, this was here.. I almost put some customers on one of those planes. This is friends knowing people that were in the towers, or in a plane.

For myself I no longer felt that "safety net" that we all had, that apparently the rest of the world never had. It's still a little hard to describe how life changing it actually was at the time and even up until now.

It's been 18 years since it happened as of tomorrow. Everyone's focus tomorrow am is going to be on the towers.. But there's a different story to tell here, and one that isn't often told.

There's a story of America buried deep in the ashes of 9/11.

There is a story of men that were informed at the 11'th hour on the 59th minute that decided they were going to take fate in their own hands. What happened on that flight we will never know. After the infamous words "Lets Roll" the phone went silent.

What we do know is they were the epitome of the American soul and spirit. Regardless of the outcome you fight. You do not give up, and you do not waiver, not even for an instant against evil. When evil presents itself, even against all odds, and against all outcomes, you stand for what is right.

To the true Hero's of 9/11. You will not be forgotten, you gave all for this country, and for your fellow citizens at a moments notice. Without proper training, without knowing the man next to you, you were willing to fight along your fellow countrymen for what was good.

You did not get on that plane as patriots or warriors, but your actions on that plane will be remembered as an inspiration to both for generations to come.

There is no higher honor than that.

"Lets Roll."

Flight 93

Todd Beamer

Todd.jpg

Mark Bingham

200px-Mark_Bingham1.jpg

Thomas Burnett

Burnett_large.jpg

Jeremy Glick

220px-Jeremy_Glick.jpg

God bless you all, and god bless the fact that you saved countless lives at the cost of your own, and on some level our republic itself.

For those that don't know it's highly speculated that plane turned towards the white house itself before it crashed randomly into a field a little while later. It's an untold number of lives saved, and the very symbol of our republic is a whole different metric all together.

Thank you for showing the world what America is truly all about. We will not go down in silence, and we will not go down peacefully. We are descendants of violent men and when tyranny & evil calls we will answer regardless of the outcome.

Their names should be placed along side our presidents or notable veterans in the history books.

9/11/2001 - 9/11/2019 Some of us didn't forget.

RD

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I had asked a friend shortly after 9/11 how a handful of men with "box cutters" could take a plane. He was, and still is, a commercial pilot. He had said that up until that point, planes were taken for hostages, not as weapons. Things were going to change.

They have. People from all walks of life, and countries, will take steps to stop different individuals. Those individuals in Pennsylvania took matters into their own hands. They were the first, but luckily not the last. There are leaders and there are followers. There are sheep dogs, and there are sheep.

May God Bless The Sheep Dogs.

PaPaG

Reaction score
The company my mom had worked with for 30 years lost 295 people that day, she lost a lot of old friends. We will never forget that day...America should never forget....

AJ13

Reaction score
Very well said. Don't think it could have been said better.

gqchris

Reaction score
Thank you Gentleman of Flight 93. True Warriors. and True Heroes. May you be boating and enjoying some cold ones up in Heaven looking down on us!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Elected by few, accepted by all on the left.

This ^^^

Bear in mind this CUNT recently described the attacks saying “some people did something”...

She came here from her shithole Country under false pretense, married her brother and lied to get in.

How in the fuck is she an elected member of our Government?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I gotta be losing it here.. what’s the abbreviation for Michigan? I thought it was MI?

Just looked it up.. it was right the first time LOF.. put that in your rack storage! :D

She is a rep from MINNESOTA (MN), not Michigan (MI) Dave.

I can't put it rack storage, because it does not exist. :)

And no one from Mississippi (MS) voted for her either.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This ^^^

Bear in mind this CUNT recently described the attacks saying “some people did something”...

She came here from her shithole Country under false pretense, married her brother and lied to get in.

How is she an elected member of Government?
Have you seen the vast majority of the urban populace? People are worried about offending the minority, and not propelling the majority. Unity seems a fading dream, and the minority groups constantly are the loudest noise heard.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
She is a rep from MINNESOTA (MN), not Michigan (MI) Dave.

I can't put it rack storage, because it does not exist. :)

And no one from Mississippi (MS) voted for her either.

For some reason I thought she was out of MI. Probably because of the Dearborn situation.

I am still confused as to the Mississippi thing you keep referring too?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I read today that the quote "Let's Roll" was actually "Let's Roll It." He was referring to the drink cart, which he and his group used to try and smash their way into the cockpit. They cut the recording off early, so we heard Lets Roll.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
How is she an elected member of Government?
Have you seen the vast majority of the urban populace? People are worried about offending the minority, and not propelling the majority. Unity seems a fading dream, and the minority groups constantly are the loudest noise heard.
Note how since she has been called out on her phony marriage and adultery, she's been pretty quiet. after her earlier rude comments about "something" happened, she damned sure best keep her head pulled in today....Bitch needs to be buried to her waist and fed a ton of rocks.:mad:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
For some reason I thought she was out of MI. Probably because of the Dearborn situation.

I am still confused as to the Mississippi thing you keep referring too?

I was also confused and read the MI abbreviation as the one for Mississippi, which it is not. MI is for Michigan, MS is for Mississippi.

Since she is a congressional rep in Minnesota, no one in Mississippi OR Michigan voted for her :)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Note how since she has been called out on her phony marriage and adultery, she's been pretty quiet. after her earlier rude comments about "something" happened, she damned sure best keep her head pulled in today....Bitch needs to be buried to her waist and fed a ton of rocks.:mad:
Nah, that's too ethnically befitting. You're a Texas guy...ropes and horses are great tools. MAGA! Bring back western justice;)

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
The 9/11 attack was one of the single biggest turning points in my lifetime. I can still remember watching the TV in absolute disbelief. I can still remember even the next day feeling "empty" inside and questioning who we are, and how we are going to respond to this. I can still remember my work calling me and telling me to come in "no matter what"

It wasn't heart wrenching, it wasn't sadness, at the time for myself it wasn't even compassion. It was absolutely earth shattering. Our whole world imploded on that day. It was a feeling of being displaced, of innocence shattered. It was a feeling of helplessness, and everything that I had believed having the rug pulled out from under me.

Terrorists whom up until that point (to my knowledge at the time) had some list of demands and were willing to die for it... No longer had a list of demands. They were no longer holding hostages at some foreign airport with some escape plan. Things have shifted to "instilling terror." The terrorists turned to "Lets kill everyone including ourselves."

It isn't just suicide bomber time at some cafe in a foreign country. This was home, this was here.. I almost put some customers on one of those planes. This is friends knowing people that were in the towers, or in a plane.

For myself I no longer felt that "safety net" that we all had, that apparently the rest of the world never had. It's still a little hard to describe how life changing it actually was at the time and even up until now.

It's been 18 years since it happened as of tomorrow. Everyone's focus tomorrow am is going to be on the towers.. But there's a different story to tell here, and one that isn't often told.

There's a story of America buried deep in the ashes of 9/11.

There is a story of men that were informed at the 11'th hour on the 59th minute that decided they were going to take fate in their own hands. What happened on that flight we will never know. After the infamous words "Lets Roll" the phone went silent.

What we do know is they were the epitome of the American soul and spirit. Regardless of the outcome you fight. You do not give up, and you do not waiver, not even for an instant against evil. When evil presents itself, even against all odds, and against all outcomes, you stand for what is right.

To the true Hero's of 9/11. You will not be forgotten, you gave all for this country, and for your fellow citizens at a moments notice. Without proper training, without knowing the man next to you, you were willing to fight along your fellow countrymen for what was good.

You did not get on that plane as patriots or warriors, but your actions on that plane will be remembered as an inspiration to both for generations to come.

There is no higher honor than that.

"Lets Roll."

Flight 93

Todd Beamer

View attachment 797000

Mark Bingham

View attachment 797001

Thomas Burnett

View attachment 797002

Jeremy Glick

View attachment 797003

God bless you all, and god bless the fact that you saved countless lives at the cost of your own, and on some level our republic itself.

For those that don't know it's highly speculated that plane turned towards the white house itself before it crashed randomly into a field a little while later. It's an untold number of lives saved, and the very symbol of our republic is a whole different metric all together.

Thank you for showing the world what America is truly all about. We will not go down in silence, and we will not go down peacefully. We are descendants of violent men and when tyranny & evil calls we will answer regardless of the outcome.

Their names should be placed along side our presidents or notable veterans in the history books.

9/11/2001 - 9/11/2019 Some of us didn't forget.

RD

Back on topic. Amen RD

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
This ^^^

I had no idea:mad: WTF!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think RD's comment about the feelings of shock or helplessness are on point. I've met two men that witnessed Pearl Harbor, and that was how they must have felt. The people who were around for the JFK assassination probably felt kind of the same, though that was one man. As a country, Pearl Harbor and 9/11 were attacks on us, all of us.

The men and women in those planes were thrust onto the front lines in a war that didn't exist an hour before. Reading about the men on flight 93, and seeing their faces, makes it more "real". The media always showed the faces and names of the attackers, but not nearly as often were those of the heroes.

I think we should take a moment to ask ourselves what we would do. One can fear death, or accept it. We will all meet our maker eventually. The difference would be how. If you step through that door taking along with you some evil, you have done so with honor few will ever understand. These few have passed with such honor, even if not the fanfare they deserve.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I have hours of News footage from that day on tape. Crazy that’s it’s been 18 years already.

God Bless America!

Reactions: DLC

grumpy88

Reaction score
Well put Dave . God bless the true hero's on flight 93 .

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The son of a victim addresses Omar:

During Wednesday's 9/11 Memorial and Museum ceremony in New York to honor the lives lost 18 years ago, one victim's family member had a message for freshman Congresswoman Ilhan Omar.

Nicholas Haros Jr., whose mother Frances Haros was killed in the World Trade Center at age 76, wore a black T-shirt with the words "Some people did something" as he read a list of victims' names, including his mother's.

"Today I am here to respond to you exactly who did what to whom. Madam, objectively speaking, we know who and what was done," Haros Jr. said on Wednesday. "There is no uncertainty about that. Why your confusion?"

Haros Jr.'s comments are a reference to a controversial statement made by the Minnesota representative, who said while speaking about the Muslim community's resilience in the face of discrimination that "[Council of American-Islamic Relations] was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties."

WildHorses24

Reaction score
I read today that the quote "Let's Roll" was actually "Let's Roll It." He was referring to the drink cart, which he and his group used to try and smash their way into the cockpit. They cut the recording off early, so we heard Lets Roll.

Have you read his wife Lisa Beamers book “Let’s Roll” ???
It was a saying he used all the time to get the kids fired up or leave the house etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Even if it's proven she'll claim some cultural difference BS to explain it away and nobody on the left will bat an eye.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
F9F22BC4-2E48-455C-8E06-8CA7D1E670C7.jpeg
I post this every year on my stuff. Applies to everyone but especially to those of us who were working that day and still are.
The enemy doesn’t care about our lives, problems or status. They just want to attack and win.
No matter your baggage level in life, keep training and remain vigilant.
The front line is still everywhere.....

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Have you read his wife Lisa Beamers book “Let’s Roll” ???
It was a saying he used all the time to get the kids fired up or leave the house etc.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, this is what was said about the "Let's Roll" comment right after 9-11... There may have been a service cart in the picture that day, but the saying was his stand by...Regardless, how many of us would have at least tried to make the killers suffer before their suicide mission took everyone's life... A box cutter only has one blade, it isn't an oversize magazine.. As history has played out that was the only aircraft prevented from carrying out their murderous mission... Those HEROES saved countless lives and also the symbol of our Countries Greatness. (WH)..
Ray

Halvecto

Reaction score
"Lets Roll."

Flight 93

Todd Beamer

View attachment 797000

RD

My daughter is a Senior at Wheaton College (IL) and good friends w/ Todd Beamer's oldest son. Really great kid. Football player. There are two, soon to be a third, Beamer children at Wheaton College. Todd and his wife, Lisa, met there. "Let's Roll" is a common slogan around the school. Great legacy.

This is a neat video CBS Football did a few years ago.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My daughter is a Senior at Wheaton College (IL) and good friends w/ Todd Beamer's oldest son. Really great kid. Football player. There are two, soon to be a third, Beamer children at Wheaton College. Todd and his wife, Lisa, met there. "Let's Roll" is a common slogan around the school. Great legacy.

This is a neat video CBS Football did a few years ago.

Very cool.

707dog

Reaction score
seeing all the scenes and stories again had a watery eyes over breakfast, my local fire department has a piece of i beam from the towers as a monument stopped by with the kids to let them check it out even 18 years later was erie touching it. i did watched a history channel doc today called "18 septembers later"... definitely worth the watch had a lot of important people on there

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I had asked a friend shortly after 9/11 how a handful of men with "box cutters" could take a plane. He was, and still is, a commercial pilot. He had said that up until that point, planes were taken for hostages, not as weapons. Things were going to change.

They have. People from all walks of life, and countries, will take steps to stop different individuals. Those individuals in Pennsylvania took matters into their own hands. They were the first, but luckily not the last. There are leaders and there are followers. There are sheep dogs, and there are sheep.

May God Bless The Sheep Dogs.
That is a great point. I'm pretty sure if those original victims on the first two planes had any idea that they would be used as a weapon they would have fought back. By the time the fourth plane was taken back by the passengers word had spread and they new something was up. Sad all the way around.