WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Google

ikester

Reaction score
The past couple years I have noticed Google recognizing/remembering 'Sept 11th' less and less on their home page banner. Yet they remember everything else. Anyone else notice this ?

sirbob

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean - I don’t notice those things much but the do have a flag and black ribbon today?

Not sure what they did in the past and clearly they are libtards but they are recognizing 9-11 today?

What have they done in the past?

517F4DB4-3990-46CB-B2B2-45DE42B81A7E.png

stoker

Reaction score
I don’t use google for political searches because they filter their content. For example I did a search with the words “is Fox News becoming liberal “. What mostly pops up is bashing of Fox News. When I did the exact search on bing I got all kind of articles and opinions on how Fox is leaning left these days.

ikester

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean - I don’t notice those things much but the do have a flag and black ribbon today?

Not sure what they did in the past and clearly they are libtards but they are recognizing 9-11 today?

What have they done in the past?

View attachment 797072

Thank you for the screen shot and after looking furhter and selecting 'images' on the menu bar the flag and black ribbon is there.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score

mbrown2

Reaction score
Gotta watch Netflicks “Greatest Hack” or something like that. All the tech companies have their own agenda that will blow your mind.
It was actually about 1 company Cambridge Analytica that was really good at using modern search engines and social media to target specific populations of people to sway voter opinions (able to target facebook ads to swing cities and counties at an individual level). Not all tech companies...but the code they cracked make it so no election will ever be the same. Power of information and the vulnerability of sheep is a match made in heaven.

All that aside...Google is a powerful company such so they are being called out as a monopoly by the government along with a couple of other companies....The ability to filter what you want (competition search engines and web services) probably is not free enterprise. Try to buy an Amazon firestick at Walmart...hmm

I am not one for government intervention but I think data privacy and my online identity should have more protection and companies should be throttled significantly on what they do with your online identity. I agree we are online so we are in public...but the level of sophistication with data mining tools combined with the criminal or greed aspect of certain individuals or companies concerns me greatly what people do with our data.

KevinR

Reaction score
LA Times no mention whatsoever ever.