- Seating for 4 across the rear bench
- Triple Axle Trailer
- Bigger Stereo / 4 batteries
- Cleaner motor and bilge
- 2 years newer
- Dat howard resale

DWC

Reaction score
Howard all day. Howard resell is outstanding with a great following. Teague power is a definite plus. Nice boat at a good price. There are some deals out there this offseason.

lavey jr

Reaction score
I have zero experience with the Howard so I can’t comment on that.

I’ve driven the RPM and it’s an amazing boat that handles extremely well! Never felt unsafe at any speeds and felt rock solid on the top end, ran it up to 109 mph with a Merc 700 SCi and was still gaining speed.

Both boats looks to be a great deal

Richcat861

Reaction score
RPM unicorn all the way!! Nothing wrong with a Jeff Harris/Ron Sporl power package lol.Both beautiful boats I've personally never driven a Howard SCS but I've got some seat time in RPM hands down best single engine cat i have ever driven owned a few cats lately haha only one way to tell let's go run RPM this weekend !

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
Have always had a sweet spot for RPM's and maybe own one 1 day.
Having owned a howard 28 deck with 800 and SC, now 1050+ Teague and SCX can say you will only be extremely satisfied with performance and handling at speed with Howard along with flawless detail in Howard finish. No downplay on RPM at all

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Howard, and when your done with it in a few years you can resell it for the same price.

Reactions: DWC

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
The RPM will be significantly faster with the same power and will ride better.

The SCS, while a very nice boat, is a slow hull and I never liked the way it rode.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

farmo83

Reaction score
I don't have any time with either hull, however to my mind there is a reason Howard and Teague have been around forever and have outstanding reputations.

Reactions: DWC

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I wouldn't get either one... both need to have the motors gone through..and drives. who would wanna spend 120k on a boat... and have to do motor rebuilds...but,.. as far as actual cash value (ACV)… i'd go with the howard for the resale as is...

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I wouldn't get either one... both need to have the motors gone through..and drives. who would wanna spend 120k on a boat... and have to do motor rebuilds...but,.. as far as actual cash value (ACV)… i'd go with the howard for the resale as is...
Words of wisdom right there.

I’d get the Howard, because I know what to expect engine wise.
As soon as you see a list of parts rather than an engine builders name...crap shoot at best

Richcat861

Reaction score
Curious why you say both need motors and drives gone through I personally dont know history on Howard I do know RPM runs strong,no blow by,doesn't burn oil and willing to have a inspection done compression/leak down done for buyer,RPM was actually gone through when it was updated with fuel injection system and Whipple upgrade.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

As soon as you see a list of parts rather than an engine builders name...crap shoot at best
as you know, or I think you know.... I raced both A/fuel and blown alcohol...… the pleasure boats of today make more power...lol..but the blind folded deaf drivers of boats nowdays is shooking...many of times I've sat in my boat and watched a driver strangle a motor to death..
no way would I feel good with out doing a tear down of motors like that

Richcat861

Reaction score
Curious why you say both need motors and drives gone through I personally dont know history on Howard I do know RPM runs strong,no blow by,doesn't burn oil and willing to have a inspection done compression/leak down done for buyer,RPM was actually gone through when it was updated with fuel injection system and Whipple upgrade.
The Howard has been for sale for awile so not to sure about the resale holds value thing.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score

Oh that wonderful feeling when you open it up and see two sets of stamps on the end of the cam. :(:mad:

Richcat861

Reaction score
as you know, or I think you know.... I raced both A/fuel and blown alcohol...… the pleasure boats of today make more power...lol..but the blind folded deaf drivers of boats nowdays is shooking...many of times I've sat in my boat and watched a driver strangle a motor to death..
no way would I feel good with out doing a tear down of motors like that
Both boats have mellow motors in my book.Hydraulic setups,mild cams,pump gas