WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who’s buying a new C8?

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
The wife gave me the green light to get a new C8 Vette so I put in a pre-order request with my local dealer. The dealer is supposed to be contacting me in the next couple of days to take my order and work up the build sheet.

This is the first time I’ve ever ordered a new car and this will be my first Vette. I know the colors I want but not sure how to option it. Are there any must have options on a Vette? I want the 8 speed automatic but I’m thinking beyond that base power is probably fine. I plan to keep this thing for a very long time so the long term plan will be to supercharge it after the factory warranty runs out. My initial plan is to upgrade the exhaust, ditch the cats and flash the ECU since all of that can be undone pretty easily if I need warranty work done on the car.

Who else is ordering one and how are you building it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I want one but not in the cards at this time. Too many irons in the fire. Some day.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I think you would be nuts to mess with the ECU during the warranty period. My wife has a 2018 C7, stock power, 485hp, its a beast, hard to imagine what it would be like with a supercharger. My concern would be messing with it, and all changes to the ECU leave a footprint, its such a high tech car, your efforts could really backfire.

On the exhaust my wifes has the remote exhaust switch feature, i forget what they call it, but when you put it to track mode is pretty much straight pipes.

She wants one as well but I have 2020 camaro ss 1LE coming in by the end of this month.

Reactions: DWC

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
The only tranny available will be the 8 speed dual clutch. The only engine will be the LT2

Leave the exhaust and cats alone. There won't be enough of a gain to deal with the increased smell and noise. The factory adjustable exhaust works great and goes from mild to wild.

If you tune the car the dealer will absolutely know you modified the car and deny any issues related to that.

I would be looking at the Z51 package (get mag ride) as well as any interior packages and extra aero/wheels you want.

https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/2020-corvette

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
You don't need mag ride if you drive on the track. For the street Mag ride is nice.

Wait until you drive it. You may not need an S/C. Mine has plenty of power (for the rear tires) already. It would be scary fast for a road/track car with an S/C. If yore drag racing thats a different story.

Plus the C-8 has a bump in power over the C7.

Only problem with buying sight unseen is not being able to sit in person and look at all the options. The C7 seating kinda sux IMHO. Would be nice to test that first.

The Z-51 kit is for track use. Would be nice to have but not necessary on the street.

Last edited:

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Don’t touch a thing until the warranty is up. What happens when you are out playing in it and an issue comes up that requires it to be put on a truck and towed to the dealership? You going to have it towed to your house first so you can undo all of those things, then tow it to dealer? Not worth it.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
It's in the running in a year or so. Are you paying sticker already? I heard dealers were already marking them up, which is a no go to me.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Don’t touch a thing until the warranty is up. What happens when you are out playing in it and an issue comes up that requires it to be put on a truck and towed to the dealership? You going to have it towed to your house first so you can undo all of those things, then tow it to dealer? Not worth it.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ T H I S ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have to see the ZO6 version or its equiv first.
Bigger, flared wheel wells with bigger wider wheels and other styling differences, plus what engine is offered.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
It's in the running in a year or so. Are you paying sticker already? I heard dealers were already marking them up, which is a no go to me.

I talked to the dealer and the car will be sold to me at sticker, not a dollar more and not a dollar
less. With the Z51 package and wheel options we’re expecting it to be a little over $70K before tax, title and dealer handling. I think that’s a steal considering the cost of comparable mid engine cars. Prior to this I had been looking at used Gallardos and even at 10 years old a low mileage car is fetching 6 figures.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Is there a grand sport version? Or is the base the same width?

The extra wide GS is really nice. The GS is about an inch wider on each side over the base. Wish I had it.

Main reason why I am selling my C7 is its “too narrow”

Although the wider tires are fucking expensive.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I have to see the ZO6 version or its equiv first.
Bigger, flared wheel wells with bigger wider wheels and other styling differences, plus what engine is offered.

I thought about holding off for that but I think the price tag will put it out of my reach. My neighbor just dropped close to $80K on a ZL1 Camaro so I have to imagine the Z06 and ZR1 are going to be 6 figure cars. With 5 kids to put through college still a 6 figure sports car isn’t going to be in the cards for a while [emoji3525]

Reactions: TPC

attitude

Reaction score
What is happening to RDP, Ive never seem so many people telling someone not to modify their vehicle on here lol. As far as the tune goes just make sure you put the stock tune back on it before you take it into the dealer. If you are doing a cat delete only for the sound then I would look into getting the “mild to wild” exhaust option as vettes are pretty loud from the factory. If you want to do a cat delete and headers for power then just remember it will have to go back to stock to take it in to the dealer I don’t see the mid engine being very easy to work on lol.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
58C9D162-9FB1-45D5-908B-90093ABD6627.jpeg
3AF16E23-9398-4F8F-A528-619EF16C763B.jpeg
I almost pulled the trigger but decided to wait a bit. First year allocation is around 10,200 from what I’ve heard, and most are already accounted for. I know the majority of dealers in Phoenix have already sold out. It will be difficult to find a dealer with any allocation available for this year, as of a month ago AutoNation Peoria AZ did have a couple of spots (23 allocated, 12 left) at MSRP without markup. Vans (100) and Midway (74) have been sold out even with markup.

If you’re buying a 1LT, options and color combinations will be somewhat limited compared to 2 and 3LT trims. Z51 performance package includes performance tires, deeper gearing, and better cooling among other things for $5000. Dual mode exhaust is $1995. Nose lift is only available on 2LT and above, I believe it is $1499. I have not seen the price for the performance seats.

As stated, only one drivetrain available at this time, there are rumors of a NA DOHC V8 for grand sport, TT DOHC V8 for Z06, and the addition of front electric drive for ZR1 as they are added down the road. Manual trans at this point will not be offered on C8.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Why, the 84 crossfire were such a success. :looking:

I've herd Corvette people call crossfire ceasefire injection. The other that hurt the 84 Vette was only 205hp. Back in 1990, I spent a little more on an 85 Vette VS an 84 because of the upgrade in injection and more hp.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I really want one of these, but my gut says to wait for the 2021's to come out. There has been such a radical change from C7 to C8 there's bound to be some recalls and/or design flaws?

EBT531

Reaction score
#1 I never buy the first year of anything
#2 I definitely wouldn't mess with the tune right away. Wait till some stuff breaks and other people test the limits of the new set up. Also keep in mind a dealer can tell if you flash and flash back. You'd need to buy a whole new ECU and swap back and forth to go undetected.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
While no one in the world knows more about everything than the good people on this forum :rolleyes: Go to the Corvette forum to answer your questions and learn a lot more about the car BEFORE you pick options or a dealer. I'm sure there's a list of dealers that come highly recommended including those that offer the best pricing and can have the car shipped to you. Good luck!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I ordered a camaro SS 1LE, same as the ZL1 minus the supercharger and $30,000, mag ride, recaro seats, 6 speed, brembos, track rated tires, etc.. Same color as one below. Per Jason at Selman it should arrive by the end of the month.

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.jpg

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
#1 I never buy the first year of anything
#2 I definitely wouldn't mess with the tune right away. Wait till some stuff breaks and other people test the limits of the new set up. Also keep in mind a dealer can tell if you flash and flash back. You'd need to buy a whole new ECU and swap back and forth to go undetected.

Swapping ECU’s will not keep you undetected....... If looked into the mikes which are stored in the ECU will not match up. Even Polaris can tell if you have been running a different ECU in a RZR. The bottom line is if changed are made and the factory wants to do their due diligence it will be seen.

That said I have never waited to tune or delete a new vehicle and I have never had an issue!

gqchris

Reaction score
Everytime I look at this car (C8) I freakin love it. And that never happens with me and New Designs.

The T tops and the Mid Engine. Its an exotic car in my books. And I love my exotics. lol

Damn it Im missing my 360 now!:(

Ferrari 1.jpg

Last edited:

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
I love the new C-8 design. I have had 9 Corvettes in the past and think there will be a C-8 in my future, but I think I am on the 2 year plan.
Enjoy your new car and give us a full report when you get it.
As already mentioned by others look into Museum Delivery, that is where you go to the factory in KY and go on a plant tour and then take delivery of your new
C-8 on the showroom floor of the National Corvette museum.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
IMHO regarding modifying the car I would think that since the cars are so capable that one might want to wait until they drive it first. Then possibly wait until the drive train warranty expires. I am sure they will be pleasantly surprised by how capable the car is from the factory. At least as it pertains to the engine modifications.

This is NOT an old clapped out C-4 vettes with anemic power. These cars make plenty of power, enough to cause problems quickly.

Now of course there are plenty other mods to do such as; BRAKES, stereo, suspension, rims, tires, ride height. So plenty to do in the meantime.

The C-7 brakes suck ass and need to be changed. That is a good place to start thowing money. I hope the C-8 is better.

I say leave it alone until the warranty expires.

Now before you get on my case about leaving things alone, the reason I do that is so that I don't get a hassle when I blow up the rear-end and it gets fixed under warranty. :D (I am on three of those for overheat BTW :D:cool:) YMMV.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
While no one in the world knows more about everything than the good people on this forum :rolleyes: Go to the Corvette forum to answer your questions and learn a lot more about the car BEFORE you pick options or a dealer. I'm sure there's a list of dealers that come highly recommended including those that offer the best pricing and can have the car shipped to you. Good luck!

This.

I have a C7 that I crashed. (not my fault) :D

The repairs were taking so long (135 days) that I was looking for any help I could find. I got on the Corvette forum and was rewarded with Mary Barra's email address. I sent her a very calm and cogent email that resulted in my case being elevated. Not sure if I got the car back sooner but It seemed to help. Also received a 1000.00 certificate for Corvette accessories.

Lots of advise and Corvette knowledge there.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I ordered a camaro SS 1LE, same as the ZL1 minus the supercharger and $30,000, mag ride, recaro seats, 6 speed, brembos, track rated tires, etc.. Same color as one below. Per Jason at Selman it should arrive by the end of the month.

View attachment 797503 View attachment 797504
So same as the ZL1 just almost completely different. Lol!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Everytime I look at this car (C8) I freakin love it. And that never happens with me and New Designs.

The T tops and the Mid Engine. Its an exotic car in my books. And I love my exotics. lol

Damn it Im missing my 360 now!:(

View attachment 797507
There's one for sale right by me and I know the guy selling it if you're interested. The guy selling it is the go to Ferrari mechanic/guy in all of NorCal and possibly beyond that. If he's listing it I guarantee it is in damn good shape.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/d/rocklin-2002-ferrari-360-spider-f1/6956931319.html

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Same car without the supercharger, has the mag ride, brembos, dual mode exhaust, recaros z rated tires, etc., 485hp instead of 650hp for slightly under 50k. See how we like it and it if my wife likes it, doubt she will ever sell her beloved vette though.
So same as the ZL1 just almost completely different. Lol!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
jth

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
When I was shopping SUVs with my old man, AutoNation had a row of 1LE Camaros in every color, marked down to 41k, it was tempting for sure, they are a great car.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
First Vette and wondering about modding a mid engine car?
I’d say drive it first and if you don’t wrap it up in a year then decide what you want to do with it.

Having said that, CONGRATS!!!

That is an awesome ride that I can only dream of ever owning.
Myself I am looking at 2011 Grand Sport LT3’s because I LOVE that year and thats the top of my disposable budget.

Would have loved to snag Nganga’s Viper but just too far outside my realistic “3rd car” price range.

Trash

Reaction score
The wife gave me the green light to get a new C8 Vette so I put in a pre-order request with my local dealer. The dealer is supposed to be contacting me in the next couple of days to take my order and work up the build sheet.

This is the first time I’ve ever ordered a new car and this will be my first Vette. I know the colors I want but not sure how to option it. Are there any must have options on a Vette? I want the 8 speed automatic but I’m thinking beyond that base power is probably fine. I plan to keep this thing for a very long time so the long term plan will be to supercharge it after the factory warranty runs out. My initial plan is to upgrade the exhaust, ditch the cats and flash the ECU since all of that can be undone pretty easily if I need warranty work done on the car.

Who else is ordering one and how are you building it?

Couple of points to make. Spend some time on the Chevy site and learn about the options and packages. It takes a little time. The car only comes with one motor option and one transmission. 6.2L LT2 and the 8 speed DCT.

I would be hesitant of modifying the exhaust as it comes with stainless tube headers in a 4 into 1 configuration. Modifying the ECU will be next to impossible.

These are the current ordering constraints:

For the vehicles ordered the during the order cycle starting 09/12/19 the following constraints are in effect:
  1. 1LT Preferred Equipment Group – 100% Constraint – Due to last about 10 weeks.
  2. E60 Front Lift without FE4 Magnetic Ride Control – 100% Constraint – Due to last about 3 weeks.
  3. GIE Long Beach Red Exterior – 100% Constraint – Due to last about 3 weeks
  4. GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue Exterior – 100% Constraint – Due to last about 3 weeks
  5. GAN Blade Silver Exterior – 100% Constraint – Due to last about 6 weeks
  6. GDO Accelerate Yellow Exterior – 100% Constraint – Due to last about 6 weeks
  7. GUI Zeus Bronze Exterior – 100% Constraint – Due to last about 6 weeks
  8. GMO Rapid Blue Exterior – 100% Constraint – Due to last about 10 weeks

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Another thing to consider- dealer added options, such as the high rear wing, remove the possibility of Corvette Museum delivery in Bowling Green.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
I’m waiting until I can test drive one. I’m 6-1 and 215 lbs. The mid engines I’ve driven in the past, were built for short guys with little dicks. :)

DWC

Reaction score
I thought about holding off for that but I think the price tag will put it out of my reach. My neighbor just dropped close to $80K on a ZL1 Camaro so I have to imagine the Z06 and ZR1 are going to be 6 figure cars. With 5 kids to put through college still a 6 figure sports car isn’t going to be in the cards for a while [emoji3525]

5 kids.. Ouch! We have 2 kids done and last one is in his 2nd year. I may have underestimated savings a bit.. Not gonna lie, was pretty positive the first one wouldn’t go and the second one was 50/50. My bad

gqchris

Reaction score
There's one for sale right by me and I know the guy selling it if you're interested. The guy selling it is the go to Ferrari mechanic/guy in all of NorCal and possibly beyond that. If he's listing it I guarantee it is in damn good shape.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/d/rocklin-2002-ferrari-360-spider-f1/6956931319.html

No more 360's for me bro. Been there done that! They are an aging commodity and the parts are more and more harder to find! I went with a 2016 Gran Turismo now. Better Ferrari motor and can drive it to Vegas if I want! LOL

Thats a nice looking example though. About what I sold my 2004 for last year. $75k

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Another great source of info on C8's

The latest news from www.MidEngineCorvetteForum.com! Can't see images? Click here...

Mid Engine Corvette News!
Thank you for making the Mid Engine Corvette Forum the fastest growing website dedicated to the C8 Corvette!

Lot's of great news coming out of the recent appearances of the C8 Corvette from the NCM's 25th Anniversary Celebration and Corvettes at Carlisle.

Here's some of the latest topics that members are talking about!

spacer.gif

C8 Corvette Convertible Reveal Set for October 2nd
The C8 world keeps exploding in a positive way, with GM just announcing that the HT convertible will be revealed at 6:45 PM (EST), October 2nd, at the Kennedy Space Center.

John has received an invitation and will be reporting back all the details of the new Corvette Convertible

spacer.gif

Visual Details of C8 Corvette Convertible's "Nacelles"
Before the reveal, we are starting to see leaked visual details about the HT’s “nacelles” and part of its appearance — as well as fractional ordering information.

spacer.gif

C8 Order Constraints and Update on Accessories
The first ordering period is underway with Kerbeck Corvette providing us the first 2020 Corvette Constraints. Meanwhile, GM is starting to share timing for when currently-constrained accessories will become available.

spacer.gif

Will The C8 Have Sufficient Cargo Capacity?
Will the C8 coupe have sufficient cargo space for your needs. At the link we have both pictures and videos, including of a great set of luggage options by ClubGlove. Yes, the C8 coupe will fit every piece of this luggage at one time.

spacer.gif

Carbon Fiber Bumper For 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Corvettes have often introduced new to the industry technology, from the C5’s HUD, to the C8’s curved carbon fiber bumper impact beam.