WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thanks to RDP & Tamalewagon - First Home Purchase

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I will record on my first home tomorrow and wanted to thank RDP for the assistance. I'm a transplant from the Pacific Northwest and don't have a network of resources or contacts locally in SoCal. I don't think I've met a soul from this site, but based on the feedback here, I sourced my mortgage broker, Scott @Tamalewagon , and home inspection service - Danny Swanson www.SwansonInspections.com out of Norco thanks to @Ivan Dan 's posts.

I want to report that Scott performed as advertised on this site by the rave reviews from other members. Guy is a rockstar at his profession. He was really the only person in the transaction that gave me confidence in the service they were providing. His process was painless and he approached each step with a sense of urgency that was unfortunately not reciprocated by others. I would 110% recommend Scott and Wenhe Mortgage & Realty if you're looking for a loan.

I was also very happy with the inspection and report provided by Danny Swanson. While not a member of this site, he is a fellow boater and off-roader so we had lots in common to chat about while he performed his inspection and gave me lots of tips on how to address the small issues that we found. Danny takes a truly professional approach to the services he provides, and I would recommend him to anyone purchasing a home.

For my next home purchase, I will be seeking out my own Title & Escrow representatives. Any members provide either of those services?

Last edited:

batterup

Reaction score
I will record on my first home tomorrow and wanted to thank RDP for the assistance. I'm a transplant from the Pacific Northwest and don't have a network of resources or contacts locally in SoCal. I don't think I've met a soul from this site, but based on the feedback here, I sourced my mortgage broker, Scott @Tamalewagon , and home inspection service - Danny Swanson www.SwansonInspections.com out of Norco thanks to @Ivan Dan 's posts.

I want to report that Scott performed as advertised on this site by the rave reviews from other members. Guy is a rockstar at his profession. He was really the only person in the transaction that gave me confidence in the service they were providing. His process was painless and he approached each step with a sense of urgency that was not reciprocated by others. I would 110% recommend Scott and Wenhe Mortgage & Realty if you're looking for a loan.

I was also very happy with the inspection and report provided by Danny Swanson. While not a member of this site, he is a fellow boater and off-roader so we had lots in common to chat about while he performed his inspection and gave me lots of tips on how to address the small issues that we found. Danny takes a truly professional approach to the services he provides, and I would recommend him to anyone purchasing a home.

For my next home purchase, I will be seeking out my own Title & Escrow representatives. Any members provide either of those services?

Congrats on the new home. What city did you buy in? Scott did my last loan and I couldn't agree more. As for escrow, I would suggest using an independent company, not one that is now owned by the realtor or loan company. The company I always recommend is Raincross Escrow.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Congrats on the new home. What city did you buy in? Scott did my last loan and I couldn't agree more. As for escrow, I would suggest using an independent company, not one that is now owned by the realtor or loan company. The company I always recommend is Raincross Escrow.

Rural Residential in Menifee. The escrow company was independent as far I know, but selected by the realtor.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Congratulations Evan on your first of many new homes. It was my pleasure working with you.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Congratulations Evan! Thank you for giving me an opportunity to take a look at your coverage, let me know if there is any other assistance I can provide.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Congratulations Evan! Thank you for giving me an opportunity to take a look at your coverage, let me know if there is any other assistance I can provide.

I should have also stated I received quotes from two members on insurance, @ArizonaKevin and @Coletrickle . Thank you for your time in quoting my home owners policy. I did end up using another vendor local to me moreso out of convenience at the time. I really need to sit down with someone and look at my "life" and put together an appropriate complete coverage package for the home, vehicle, and toys, which will take place after the move-in is completed.