WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4K Aluminum Grand Opening info-Patio covers,panels

boatpi

Reaction score
Here is the flyer for the grand opening in Las Vegas on Saturday, June 29, 2019.

More to follow in the upcoming days.

Attachments

• 4K GRAND OPENING Flyer.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 435

boatpi

Reaction score
Our 4’ x 8’ 4K Pergo-Soleil (TM) panels will be in inventory too by June 29th. Can be used in our patio covers or between posts as yard art. These are 5052 H112 alloy .160 thick aluminum panels with Amma 20 year powder Coat certificate.

We have 250,000 color patched Tex screws in inventory for attachment. Panels are expresso in color. The top panel is available with the Vegas Strip skyline at the bottom as an option. Photo soon.

We will have an update everyday.

Folllow us on Instagram at 4kaluminum.

FD7570F7-4B82-4CAD-B532-B36F1F247ACB.jpeg
960DCFAB-2BDD-44AC-B6DB-C1752A89C789.jpeg
5D472298-4337-4674-A895-38782BF060A2.jpeg
B9F7BBD3-BD10-41A0-B6D6-6C52410B9BDD.jpeg
DD4ABD98-6359-4C37-91E6-43D6517BFA2C.jpeg
B9C4F0DE-0109-4CF9-987A-489602BCFAB1.jpeg

NicPaus

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply to my email. Trying to make it out next week.

You mentioned the solid panels is there any plan to make them work where they can be used on top of pergola to make rain tight?

How heavy would a pergola kit be 12x12 for example. Wondering if the rack on my truck will hold one.

Any pictures you can post of the pergola kits with and without the panels?

Thanks

boatpi

Reaction score
Todays update/posting;

I will have photos up of a cover by Monday. We have the weight of every piece. On a 10' X 10' is about 450 pounds. Keep in mind, we currently stock beams and slats in 10' and 20' lengths. So for a 12' you would need to purchase 20' beams, or extend or modify the size. We do have a metal saw in the warehouse.

Since the 'slats' would run on top, I would suggest having them much longer than 12'. This is very strong material, 6061 T6, so having the slats extend 3' to 4' over the end is not unrealistic for more shade. I should have a photo depicting this by the end of next weekend.

We do not make rain tight covered tops. These pergolas and all of the 200+ SKU's were designed over the last 12 months to be used in the extreme southwest environment. Unlike solid tops, a BBQ can be placed under this cover.
The building process is very versatile, once the beams are in place, the interior can be of any 'slat' size or color you desire using the following square ' sizes, , 2", 3", or 2" X 4". With 2" x 4" fewer slats are required for shade as they stand up to block more sunlight, so spacing can be less. If using a panel, you would frame a 7'11" X 47" inside of the beams, slide the panel on top and screw down. Run slats to the side of this framework. Photos of this next week.

We eliminated all visible screws aside from the base of each post. The post secures to the corner beam connector internally, and this holds up the beams. The corner beam connector is made to hide the end of the beam connector when is slides into the fins, all smooth. See photo. The square opening would be the top of the cover. All ends of 'slats', posts, and corner beam connectors, are covered with extruded aluminum, powder coated caps made about .02 oversize to fit tight. The caps are hand finished corners, not sharp, then powder coated.
beam connector gray.jpg

Simpson is making in ground post bases that fit the posts like a glove. On deck mounts will be in stock by next week, they are galvanized steel, then power coated to match all 5 colors. Since every part is hollow, low voltage wires can be fed internally for LED lights.

brackets used the 2" X 2" square slats that can be placed on top of the beams are secured by 2" X 2" brackets, all pre drilled for out Tex screws. Since these are mounted on top of the beams, these screws are not visible from below. We stock about 250,000 USA made epoxy colored screws, all bagged in quantities of 100 or 250, in two sizes.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply to my email. Trying to make it out next week.

You mentioned the solid panels is there any plan to make them work where they can be used on top of pergola to make rain tight?

How heavy would a pergola kit be 12x12 for example. Wondering if the rack on my truck will hold one.

Any pictures you can post of the pergola kits with and without the panels?

Thanks

In for solid panel info. Does not need to be rain tight, I just want a solid top to block sunlight.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
A 10 or 12 x 20 could work well for me. I want to put it in Havasu right next to the house to block some sun. I don’t have an attached patio on the back of the house.

My slab there is not that big, only 8x 14. I’d just anchor it in the dirt overhanging the slab, or get a bigger slab poured before I install.

boatpi

Reaction score
FYI; In most areas all structures require a building permit an engineering. Stay tuned for tomorrows post on this subject.
And an unbelievable price on stamped engineering plans for most sizes for CA, NV, and parts on AZ will be posted on Friday June 28, if not earlier.

Contractors, we will be providing graphs and charts for all parts, this will save you at least $1,300 in engineering costs. We paid huge$$ to have this done to save the end user $$.

boatpi

Reaction score
FYI; as you think ahead is sizes, our beams are sold in 10' and 20' lengths, full piece as to be purchased but can be cut at our warehouse on a low speed carbide chop saw. Same on all slats, 10' and 20', but you can plan on hanging the slats over the end of the beams.

boatpi

Reaction score
LOF, I would suggest using the Simpson ground base, not attaching to concrete if you want a larger unit. We will have these ICC approved Simpson tie bases in stock soon. Custom fit for our post sizes.

If you plan on permitting, you will need to know the depth and PSI of your concrete slab for engineering. AZ and NV wind building standard is about 122 MPH!

boatpi

Reaction score
8B6E3E88-5863-4161-9E80-1510751EF2AE.jpeg
I will do an update tomorrow am. We are located just east of McCarran airport.

Contractors please email [email protected] for a special Premier next Friday .

Beer and soft drinks for all RDP members.

Even for self install’s contract price for all members through August 1.

We will have engineering sheets, all the engineering is done. Custom design rock-bottom engineering pricing, we approve custom plans in 48 hours. We have engineering stamps for California, Nevada and Arizona.

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score
Just playing around with a tape measure in my driveway...

Are your measurements like buying lumber? a stud 2X4 is not actually 2" x 4" - what are the actual measurements of the 2x2 2x4 2x6 2x8 if they are not 2"x4"

Thanks

Im looking forward to seeing some pics of these installed.

boatpi

Reaction score
Opening display today at our warehouse, 11-2. Regular sales and hours will begin after the July 4 holiday it will be limited hours this next week.

These photos are of the cover we just built at our house currently the largest size available at 25‘ x 25‘. Utilizes 2 in.² tube slats with 3 inches of space between and six panels. One of the photo displays one of our panels screwed into two aluminum post as yard art or for a commercial building. No one in the western United States produces a patio cover like this out of this alloy so smooth and so strong. We had to use a few brackets for some of the slats on this due to the excessive size different construction methods can be used on the more average size which is usually 10‘ x 10‘ or 20 x 20. With this material you can make a patio cover it any size you like with any one of our products we have over 200 SKUs in stock and 50,000 pieces . Our engineer will be on site today between 11 and two if you’re a contractor he has engineering drawings available for you to take along with free samples of some of our aluminum products.

Refreshments will be served. This is a large warehouse with cooling so come dressed very comfortable.

Our barbecue Island is almost done sorry for the lack of paint and the granite top will be installed over the next couple of days. we just run out of time for these photos.
25357B56-E7A4-455E-B868-3C842BABAB42.jpeg
29700E44-FD47-4103-B426-00D0953F759B.jpeg
EB7BCFBB-2014-49DF-9579-6B7EA19ADCEC.jpeg
C24D0E8E-913A-4D52-8477-9FCA329470E0.jpeg
9524BD71-731E-471A-B088-98CE6024A1C3.jpeg
C58C2231-5D24-422A-BE43-8C5E8304B167.jpeg

boatpi

Reaction score
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT! Announced first to public here on RDP!!!

As you contractors and others know secure mounting is essential to a safe and secure patio cover, it is a structure and in most places requires an inexpensive building permit. In Clark County it is just $105. The permit is really about two issues, footings and other attachments and engineering.

Most engineering is $750+ for these covers, we will provide FREE engineering specs for all standard sizes, and a huge rate reduction as low as $250 on customs. Simpson Strong Tie basically dominates the world market for metal building support items.

There is currently NO Simpson Strong Tie distributor in Southern Nevada, just limited supplies at HD or lumber yards, very difficult to get specialty post bases, etc.

We are pleased to announce as of July 1st, 4K Aluminum, INC., will be the first Simpson Tie Distributor in the State of Nevada!

Inventory will begin throughout July. Items will include custom built ICC approved in ground post bases for all of our products. More to follow on this later this week.

After two months of consideration I would like to thank Simpson for honoring us with this distributorship.

Todays event, with our engineer on site 11am-2PM will be at 6325 S. Pecos Rd. #15, Las Vegas, NV 89120. Just east of Mc Carran Airport.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I want so bad to go, but we have a large family reunion of sorts this weekend.

I’ll check it out in a few weeks.

Good fortune to the company and customers

boatpi

Reaction score
UPDATE; Any licensed contractor, designer, or developer that shows up today between 11-2 with their business card is entered for a drawing to win a free Pergo-Soiel laser cut panel. Drawing will be at 2PM, I will notify winner immediately. Pick up anytime in July.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Nice stuff, boatpi. I wish you luck in your hard work paying off, looks like a premier product.

boatpi

Reaction score
To all RDP’ers, A very personal note .

this is been a most tiring and long journey.

development was interesting, travel engineering, test fitting, prototypes, it was all fun in its own way. But when it comes down to receiving about 10,000 items and almost 60,000 pounds of aluminum, some 26 feet long, and it’s almost 100° out that’s from pretty tiring work. Hey I got on YouTube and train myself how to drive the forklift but it didn’t say anything about 4 foot wide forks and a 26 foot long 500lb piece.

If I had a son that big great but I have two stunning daughters in high school 300 miles away, so you know how that goes.

To anyone considering starting a new business especially one of the significance we’ve learned a lot but done well because we relied upon friends, surveyed over 100 people during the development phase that went on for many many months.

I thank them all.

We’re going to open the doors after the July 4 weekend. I’ve already had over 40 contractors to our house and at the warehouse and not one negative comment everyone’s excited about taking this new product on for the Las Vegas Valley and asking us to bring it to California.

Over the next month We will be seeking someone that has outdoor building trades experience perhaps in the same industry to run this business on a day-to-day basis.

I’ll be managing it sometimes in Las Vegas sometimes on the phone.

For the right person this is a pretty good deal, we’re going to be open about six hours a day, 5 days a week.

If anyone knows that might have an interest in this and believe that they’re qualified please send me a PM and I’ll follow up with them this week. They need to understand QuickBooks construction techniques,be able to operate a forklift, dependable, honest, and have a good presence of mind. this is a lot of responsibility.

There will be no benefits, but they will get a very fair salary and bonuses.

In the next two weeks we’ve already partnered with another firm we do business with for marketing.

After someone is hired, we will be looking into expanding the product line with the same idea on quality modern design and strength. All in aluminum.

The real champion here is my beautiful wife who has 25 years experience in the aluminum industry.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
will this be something I will be able to install myself? I do everything else around my house already this doesn't look that hard.

boatpi

Reaction score
If you are a bit skilled and have 2 people, yes you can do it yourself. I would not suggest it much larger than 10' X 10'. We use 2" to 4" spread 3/8" square U bolts inserted into the post and through the beams. So this must be accurately drilled prior to raising it up. And post have to be set properly very accurate like all covers. The U bolts tighten the beams to the posts with the corner beam connector. This is how in most instances we eliminate all exterior bolts and screws. The square slats can be laid over the top, even extended up to 5' over the edge using 2" L brackets screwed in from the top so you do not see it. The alloy is so strong it passes engineering for such and overhang. Aside from the U bolts, we make everything including all brackets and Tex screws. On a 10' X 10' 1 day to install not counting the bases in concrete if needed.

Engineering plans and descriptions included but not a step by step instruction guide. Our in house engineer can do a site plan and stamping in Southern Nevada for $250, add another $250 for most local permits. He can also stamp for AZ, and CA.

New NV wind standard below 12' is 95 MPH, no issues with this. We have concrete mounted bases, Simpson Strong Tie will be making the in ground bases.

The panel in ground is an incredible yard art too. Made in vertical and horizontal design.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I need to cover this bar area in lhc, will prolly need to look at 20x20. This product looks like it would fit my vision perfectly, however not in budget right now. So, I will have to follow up at a later time. It looks awesome!

IMG_9446.jpg

IMG_8911.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatpi

Reaction score
That’s a great looking backyard. We put ours up with a 3 inch space in between the 2 in.² slats and at about noon it’s 50% shade but you really don’t feel hot underneath and by 2 o’clock it’s probably 75% shade pretty amazing stuff on 2 x 4 you could spread them even farther apart it’s all aesthetic’s .

boatpi

Reaction score
Anyone visiting Las Vegas interested in these products, e mail me at [email protected]. I will have you stop by our house to see this unit and the products. We are just 10 minutes from I-15 and Blue Diamond, or 15 minutes from the Strip just as you enter the valley.

Beer provided!

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Looks great! That's a great looking cover and I really like that you can take the span to 25' without having a post in between. Good stuff.

TCHB

Reaction score
How much is the product per square ft on average. I just had a alumawood product estimate on a 50ft wide by 20ft wide. Price was $17 a square ft plus footings.

boatpi

Reaction score
Put this yesterday. It is 98% complete. That is one of our 4’ x 8’ laser cut panels in the center we now have 12 designs with final delivery in about four weeks.

It is 10’ x 20’, attached to two walls, so just 1 post. We are the only patio cover sellers that we are aware of in NV that can install a
4D6CFC7D-4CC2-4961-8D32-970A3BBDD2F2.jpeg
D4A3E20E-7223-4463-A54A-2A8D17BA4463.jpeg
20’’ x 20’ cover on an existing concrete pad without footings.

This is a display so you’ll see some colors on the left side used as an illustration.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Put this yesterday. It is 98% complete. That is one of our 4’ x 8’ laser cut panels in the center we now have 12 designs with final delivery in about four weeks.

It is 10’ x 20’, attached to two walls, so just 1 post. We are the only patio cover sellers that we are aware of in NV that can install a View attachment 797765 View attachment 797766 20’’ x 20’ cover on an existing concrete pad without footings.

This is a display so you’ll see some colors on the left side used as an illustration.

That is great looking. Do you have a ballpark for the cost of something like the above? I really like having minimal posts and the exposed roof. Wife and I trying to find the right fit for our backyard as we don't want to obscure view / natural light. Something like this might foot the bill.