WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Give me your AR-15

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
The first flag of Texas.... have fun Beto.
20190912_233250.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, it's a good thing I don't have any of those nasty things...they can go ahead and skip my neighborhood. We don't have any out here at all:rolleyes:

lbhsbz

Reaction score
It amazes me that they're worried about these little handheld toys, when anyone with a lathe could whip up a nice 2" or so "whole lotta fun" projectile to fire out of a piece of home depot fence pipe and level a city block with basic skills and shit you can find in your shed.

Disclaimer: Not that I've put any thought into it since my shitty neighbor moved away

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’d rather get shot with an AR than a shotgun at close range.. lol

That all said this is going to the dungeon it’s political.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
It amazes me that they're worried about these little handheld toys, when anyone with a lathe could whip up a nice 2" or so "whole lotta fun" projectile to fire out of a piece of home depot fence pipe and level a city block with basic skills and shit you can find in your shed.

Disclaimer: Not that I've put any thought into it since my shitty neighbor moved away
You could walk into home depot, but a 2" x1' nipple, 2 end caps, a drill, drill bit, nails, charcoal, some cordage, a few types of fertilizer and build a very deadly pipe bomb for less then $100. Or skip the hard part and just buy a couple pounds of black powder instead of making your own from the charcoal and fertilizers.

I am actually glad we have people doing mass shootings instead of people building bombs. Just look at how many people were killed in France when the guy stole that box truck. It was almost 90 and 450ish people hurt. Any one with any basic chemical knowledge could also produce deadly chemicals that in a confined space could kill dozens and wound every one in there.

Hell ban all guns and then have all the p. A. Luty come out of the wood work...

He litterely wrote the book on how to build one. From parts from a hardware store, he used a vice, drill press, drills, readers, files and a hack saw. You can Google his book and dl it, it's a very interesting read. I am sure rd could bang one out in 2 days.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Politician speaks from a position of ignorance and "AR15" is in the public lexicon.

But make no mistake, any semiautomatic long gun will be banned along with everyone's precious AR platform. Count on most semiautomatic shotguns and "pistols" that have a brace to be included

While people running for office might be ignorant, the people that write the legislation are not. They probably know as much or more about firearms as your average gun owner. This is the argument I've had with some of the "fuds" out there. They are going to be pissed when they have to give up Grandpa's Auto-5 Browning.

530RL

Reaction score
Politician speaks from a position of ignorance and "AR15" is in the public lexicon.

But make no mistake, any semiautomatic long gun will be banned along with everyone's precious AR platform. Count on most semiautomatic shotguns and "pistols" that have a brace to be included

While people running for office might be ignorant, the people that write the legislation are not. They probably know as much or more about firearms as your average gun owner. This is the argument I've had with some of the "fuds" out there. They are going to be pissed when they have to give up Grandpa's Auto-5 Browning.

The Senate can not pass a bill that would require background checks for cash sales at gun shows where, as Nganga has pointed out, known gang members are openly buying any weapon they want and cases of ammunition while comparing MS13 tattoos.

To think the Senate could pass a bill to confiscate 10 to 12 million existing weapons in American homes is goofy.

BONER

Reaction score
I wish I could talk to these Guys in person.

You want my shit? Good. Come get it. Don't send the Cops, don't send the Military. I want YOU, to personally knock on my door and come get em.

I'll comply. Swear. ;)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The Senate can not pass a bill that would require background checks for cash sales at gun shows where, as Nganga has pointed out, known gang members are openly buying any weapon they want and cases of ammunition while comparing MS13 tattoos.

To think the Senate could pass a bill to confiscate 10 to 12 million existing weapons in American homes is goofy.

But they aren’t buying them at gun shows.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/new-report-on-where-criminals-get-their-guns/

Among prisoners serving time for a crime during which they possessed a gun, about half got their weapons either on the underground market (43 percent) or through theft (6 percent). Meanwhile, 10 percent bought guns from a retail source, including 0.8 percent who bought them at gun shows.

Another 11 percent of the time, someone else bought the gun for them, either as a gift or as a straw purchase (situations I wish the survey separated). Roughly 15 percent got guns from family and friends (buying, renting, trading, borrowing). And 12 percent of the time, the guns were either brought to the crime by someone else or found at the scene.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TeamGreene

Reaction score

The Senate in it's current configuration that is. They are playing the long game and will wait until they have control of both the house and senate.

530RL

Reaction score

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/new-report-on-where-criminals-get-their-guns/

Among prisoners serving time for a crime during which they possessed a gun, about half got their weapons either on the underground market (43 percent) or through theft (6 percent). Meanwhile, 10 percent bought guns from a retail source, including 0.8 percent who bought them at gun shows.

Another 11 percent of the time, someone else bought the gun for them, either as a gift or as a straw purchase (situations I wish the survey separated). Roughly 15 percent got guns from family and friends (buying, renting, trading, borrowing). And 12 percent of the time, the guns were either brought to the crime by someone else or found at the scene.

LOL, alright let me re-phrase.

The Senate can not pass a bill to require background checks on private transactions, where as Pron points out 43% of prisoners serving time for gun possession get their weapons.

To think the Senate could pass a bill to confiscate 10 - 12 million weapons in American homes is goofy.

Better? :)

530RL

Reaction score
The Senate in it's current configuration that is. They are playing the long game and will wait until they have control of both the house and senate.

Fair point.

Trump demanding the Senate drop the filibuster may just come back and bite the few conservatives left in this country harder than any decision in our history.

Wouldn’t that just be ironic for his supporters...... :(

pronstar

Reaction score
LOL, alright let me re-phrase.

The Senate can not pass a bill to require background checks on private transactions, where as Pron points out 43% of prisoners serving time for gun possession get their weapons.

To think the Senate could pass a bill to confiscate 10 - 12 million weapons in American homes is goofy.

Better? :)

We have no idea if those 43% were obtained in transactions requiring BG checks. Taking from family members, straw purchases are in those numbers.

Renting, trading, borrowing - from family or friends - and finding guns are included in those numbers, and BG checks do nothing in these instances.

Guns purchased via legal means are a small percentage of the problem.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

Goofy, but to my point in another thread, candidates have to be taken at face value on their promises.

Trump has delivered on a bunch of his. While there is no wall with Mexico it isn't because he just passed off the idea after inauguration as a goofy campaign promiss. He didn't have support of the Congress.

Any candidate's plan is within the realm of possibility provided they have a cooperative legislature. A democrat in the oval office and a majority in both houses means things like assault weapons bans are happening. And to my point here, if a ban were to happen it won't just be scary black weapons on the list.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Fair point.

Trump demanding the Senate drop the filibuster may just come back and bite the few conservatives left in this country harder than any decision in our history.

Oh yea because if he didn't, the Dems wouldn't either......................................
LMAO 70's show .gif

Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?

Last edited:

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Fair point.

Agreed, as it did to the Dems after Whore House Harry thought it was a good idea when he was Senate majority leader. The thing with anyone of them being in power for an extended period of time they can't fathom being out of it.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

I'm as pro 2A or perhaps more, than anyone in here. BUT...what I saw, with my own eyes tells me something different than what your survey shows. Your survey actually makes you believe and trust the word of a convicted felon, in prison.

I sold guns, MYSELF to guys I would cross the street to avoid. Cash and carry, done.

I've repeatedly stated, I don't have the answers but can intuitively see part of the problem. The dealers that sell at these shows mostly all do the FBI instant background checks. Private to private, not a chance.

Again, I'm solid 2A, AR's, AK's I own em' all. I even have a Ferret, .50BMG. This, is different. I get the fact that letting the camels nose under the tent and all but geeez, go to a show and really watch who's there and what they're buying.

Sure, there are copious amounts of NRA supporting, honorable and law abiding Americans there. There are also Nefarious Rapscallions looking to buy hardware to perform their illicit acts, without trace or checks.

Last edited:

pronstar

Reaction score
I'm as pro 2A or perhaps more, than anyone in here. BUT...what I saw, with my own eyes tells me something different than what your survey shows. Your survey actually makes you believe and trust the word of a convicted felon, in prison.

I sold guns, MYSELF to guys I would cross the street to avoid. Cash and carry, done.

I've repeatedly stated, I don't have the answers but can intuitively see part of the problem. The dealers that sell at these shows mostly all do the FBI instant background checks. Private to private, not a chance.

Gun shows here are nearly all FFL’s, YMMV

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Gun shows here are nearly all FFL’s, YMMV

As they should be. This is a large loophole that I can't understand defending.

Imagine being able to walk into Cabela's and buying a H&K P2000, cash, no background checks or receipts. This is the same thing.

500bbc

Reaction score

Again, I'm solid 2A, AR's, AK's I own em' all. I even have a Ferret, .50BMG. This, is different. I get the fact that letting the camels nose under the tent and all but geeez, go to a show and really watch who's there and what they're buying.

Sure, there are copious amounts of NRA supporting, honorable and law abiding Americans there. There are also Nefarious Rapscallions looking to buy hardware to perform their illicit acts, without trace or checks.
:eek:

Who the fuck are you and what did you do with Bwana Nganga?

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
:eek:

Who the fuck are you and what did you do with Bwana Nganga?

In all reality, the gun show loophole is an issue. HOWEVER, let's say it gets closed. Whats the next demand? So, I get the fact that they incrementally will continue their march towards total confiscation.

The left wants this issue, so they would never want for total firearm confiscation, all at once. Once they get the "assault rifles" they'll go after high capacity handguns, then "Sniper Rifles" (deer rifles). They .22's that hold to much ammo for their liking. Its a path for them.

The NRA (our side) is constantly on our heels defending ground. The anti movement is like Islam. They have time on their side. They are patient and are satisfied with little victories here and there.

BONER

Reaction score
As they should be. This is a large loophole that I can't understand defending.

Imagine being able to walk into Cabela's and buying a H&K P2000, cash, no background checks or receipts. This is the same thing.

We sell Guns on the Street here in AZ. Just have to ask if they're a Felon. In fact, they're used as a form of Currency out here.

Sure we have some Crime here in Phoenix but for the most part everybody is pretty fuckin polite because we all know that we're all armed.

So I kinda see your point, but at the same time AZ is a very safe place to be, because it goes back to my point of everybody being fucking armed.

I don't get what is so fucking hard to understand about that? Jesus Christ. Lol

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
We sell Guns on the Street here in AZ. Just have to ask if they're a Felon. In fact, they're used as a form of Currency out here.

Sure we have some Crime here in Phoenix but for the most part everybody is pretty fuckin polite because we all know that we're all armed.

So I kinda see your point, but at the same time AZ is a very safe place to be, because it goes back to my point of everybody being fucking armed.

I don't get what is so fucking hard to understand about that? Jesus Christ. Lol

We're essentially in agreement. Hell, I have guns ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE. I'm sitting at my desk, right now and this is under it.

gun desk.jpg

I have one in my Raptor, one in my wife's truck. One at my bedside. I keep one in a chair in our theater room. Hell, I probably have guns stashed that I've forgotten about.

I'm one of the good guys when it comes to gun rights. I simply saw something when I did that show that shocked me.

Arizona is in fact pretty safe. And you're probably right, an armed society, is a polite society.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
There is no gun show loop hole.

In most states you are allowed to sell a non nfa firearm face to face to some one as long as you have no reasonable suspicion that person is prohibited. If you do and still sell the gun, you have committed a federal felony. Not a no joke one either, 10 years and 250k in fines one.

Background checks do not stop criminals. They know they won't pass so they will just get them by other means. Which generally means theft, either directly or indirectly.

Story time, after my grandfather's death one of my scumbag cousins stole all on my grandfather's guns. Luckily I had disabled all of them by removing parts from them. (He had bad dementia, but it did not feel right taking them away from him, this was the ext best thing)I had pics, serial numbers and details about what I did to make them non functional. About 6 months go by, I get a phone call from the btafe, he wants to ask me some questions about that report I made to the sac county sheriff's. After about 20 mins I ask him " since you are contacting me about these guns can I assume they were either used in a federal crime? Were the serial numbers removed of the barrel cut down?" " I can not disclose that information, but you are correct a federal crime would had to occurred for me to be envoled" I then tell him I still have all the parts I removed and I could mail them too him. He then told me he is very much intrested in those, but they can not be mailed to him for evidentiary rules and could we meet someplace for me to hand them over to him. I of course agreed and we met at the local coffee shop, I handed over the parts signed an affidavit and we talked for a while. No bs, he was very much a gun guy. The reason why I tell you this story, is durring that conversation he told me that he talks to some one at least once a week where a family member stole a a firearm and commited a federal firearms crime with it( remove sn, " sawed off shot gun"). He also told me that even if they recover said firearm and it's repairable ( new barrel, once the serial number is destroyed it can not be fixed) they can be never turned back over to the rightful owner. They must be stored until the case is over, then destroyed. I never dis find out what gun they recovered, but my only hope is that some criminal was expecting a bang and only got a click.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
There is no gun show loop hole.

In most states you are allowed to sell a non nfa firearm face to face to some one as long as you have no reasonable suspicion that person is prohibited. If you do and still sell the gun, you have committed a federal felony. Not a no joke one either, 10 years and 250k in fines one.

Background checks do not stop criminals. They know they won't pass so they will just get them by other means. Which generally means theft, either directly or indirectly.

Story time, after my grandfather's death one of my scumbag cousins stole all on my grandfather's guns. Luckily I had disabled all of them by removing parts from them. (He had bad dementia, but it did not feel right taking them away from him, this was the ext best thing)I had pics, serial numbers and details about what I did to make them non functional. About 6 months go by, I get a phone call from the btafe, he wants to ask me some questions about that report I made to the sac county sheriff's. After about 20 mins I ask him " since you are contacting me about these guns can I assume they were either used in a federal crime? Were the serial numbers removed of the barrel cut down?" " I can not disclose that information, but you are correct a federal crime would had to occurred for me to be envoled" I then tell him I still have all the parts I removed and I could mail them too him. He then told me he is very much intrested in those, but they can not be mailed to him for evidentiary rules and could we meet someplace for me to hand them over to him. I of course agreed and we met at the local coffee shop, I handed over the parts signed an affidavit and we talked for a while. No bs, he was very much a gun guy. The reason why I tell you this story, is durring that conversation he told me that he talks to some one at least once a week where a family member stole a a firearm and commited a federal firearms crime with it( remove sn, " sawed off shot gun"). He also told me that even if they recover said firearm and it's repairable ( new barrel, once the serial number is destroyed it can not be fixed) they can be never turned back over to the rightful owner. They must be stored until the case is over, then destroyed. I never dis find out what gun they recovered, but my only hope is that some criminal was expecting a bang and only got a click.

Your two highlighted comment contradict one another somewhat. The Federal background checks are in-effective so the law puts it on my shoulders to decided who gets a gun and who doesn't?

On its face its completely counter-intuitive. The guy who sells a gun to an otherwise OK looking fellow goes to prison because he failed to background check him intuitively. You've actually made my point for me. The guy needs to qualify federally at Cabelas, but not at a free-for-all gun show? and Its my fault for doing so?

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Your two highlighted comment contradict one another somewhat. The Federal background checks are in-effective so the law puts it on my shoulders to decided who gets a gun and who doesn't?

On its face its completely counter-intuitive. The guy who sells a gun to an otherwise OK looking fellow goes to prison because he failed to background check him intuitively. You've actually made my point for me. The guy needs to qualify federally at Cabelas, but not at a free-for-all gun show? and Its my fault for doing so?
That statement is from federal law. It uses those terms exactly. If you actually go read the law and the case law to go with it, it is pretty clear. In a nut shell of you sell it to a known prohibited person it's on you. If you have no clue the guy is prohibited you are fine. You are not required to ask, or even have a bill of sale. So if you are selling a gun to some one you don't know, and he has a ms13 tattoo on his face, you deserve to go to jail. You sell to a guy in jeans in a t shirt that had a minor felony 20 years ago that you never knew about. You are golden.

500bbc

Reaction score
We're essentially in agreement. Hell, I have guns ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE. I'm sitting at my desk, right now and this is under it.

View attachment 797879

I have one in my Raptor, one in my wife's truck. One at my bedside. I keep one in a chair in our theater room. Hell, I probably have guns stashed that I've forgotten about.

I'm one of the good guys when it comes to gun rights. I simply saw something when I did that show that shocked me.

Arizona is in fact pretty safe. And you're probably right, an armed society, is a polite society.
In case of poachers?o_O:D

500bbc

Reaction score
Did I tell you about the firefight I had in Tanzania last year with 4 poachers?
Oh yeah, with some pics!:eek:

BTW I don't know how anyone could condon the possession of an AR 15.

Just who in the hell needs an Automatic Rifle that shoots 15 boolits a second!