Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
52800470_2446681138679403_2500428053042167808_n.jpg

Springfield

Reaction score
[QUOTE="RitcheyRch, post: 3469167, member: 37"
70423720_10217417611066501_6522953796656562176_n.jpg

I would really like to find the "he is going to see god" girl.. but I'm stuck with the first one.. and that's even few and far between..lol[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear, consider trading for a younger model?:rolleyes::D

73beast

Reaction score
A Tiger Bites Its Tail
cleardot.gif

On Sep 21, 1956 Grumman test pilot Tom Attridge shot himself down in a graphic demonstration of two objects occupying the wrong place at the same time—one being a Grumman F11F-1 Tiger [138260], the other a gaggle of its own bullets..
cleardot.gif

It happened on the second run of test-firing four 20mm cannon at Mach 1.0 speeds. At 20,000' Attridge entered a shallow dive of 20°, accelerating in afterburner, and at 13,000' pulled the trigger for a four-second burst, then another to empty the belts. During the firing run the F11F continued its descent, and upon arriving at 7,000', the armor-glass windshield was struck, but not penetrated, by an object..
cleardot.gif

Attridge throttled back to slow down and prevent cave-in of the windshield, flying back to Grumman's Long Island field at 230 mph. He radioed that a gash in the outboard side of the right engine's intake lip was the only apparent sign of damage other than for the glass, but that 78 percent was maximum available power without engine roughness occurring..
cleardot.gif

Two miles from base, at 1,200' with flaps and wheels down, it became evident from the sink rate that the runway could not be gained on 78 percent power. Attridge applied power and said "the engine sounded like it was tearing up." It then lost power completely. He pulled up the gear and settled into trees less than a mile short of the runway, traveling 300 feet and losing a right wing and stabilizer in the process. Fire broke out, but, despite injuries, Attridge managed to exit the plane and get away safely, to be picked up by Grumman's rescue helicopter.
cleardot.gif

20mm-culprit.jpg
cleardot.gif
Examination of the F11F established there were three hits—in the windshield, the right engine intake, and the nose cone. The engine's inlet guide vanes were struck, and a battered 20mm projectile was found in the first compressor stage..
cleardot.gif

How did this happen? The combination of conditions reponsible for the event was (1) the decay in projectile velocity and trajectory drop; (2) the approximate 0.5-G descent of the F11F, due in part to its nose pitching down from firing low-mounted guns; (3) alignment of the boresight line of 0° to the line of flight. With that 0.5-G dive, Attridge had flown below the trajectory of his bullets and, 11 seconds later, flew through them as their flight paths met..
user_offline.gif

Magic Mike

Reaction score
For sale sign, not For sell sign...
everbilt-stock-signs-31704-64_1000.jpg

Tires have tread, grannie sews with thread.
Steering column, not colum or colume.
Center console, not council.
Crate engine, not create engine.
Barn find, not barn fine.
Good luck with the sale, not sell.
I would like to sell my Mercedes gullwing, not sale it.
Tonneau cover, not tonnow or toneuu.
Bumpers, not f#$@ing BUMBERS!!!!
If somebody tells you about their bitchin' 47 Panhead, 82 Knucklehead or 83 Corvette, don't trust them...

Craigslist is not the best place to learn English!!!

Last edited:

92 cole

Reaction score
For sale sign, not For sell sign... View attachment 799474
Tires have tread, grannie sews with thread.
Steering column, not colum or colume.
Center console, not council.
Crate engine, not create engine.
Barn find, not barn fine.
Good luck with the sale, not sell.
I would like to sell my Mercedes gullwing, not sale it.
Tonneau cover, not tonnow or toneuu.
Bumpers, not f#$@ing BUMBERS!!!!
If somebody tells you about their bitchin' 47 Panhead, 82 Knucklehead or 83 Corvette, don't trust them...

Craigslist is not the best place to learn English!!!
Did you mean sail sell or sale?