WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coastal Marine Export BEWARE You be the judge

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Found Mike Woods phone number on the Internet...called that # the other night (954-654-0836) which I really expected to be disconnected ...when the voicemail and his voice came on I had nothing ready to say at the time...maybe I’ll think of something later...lol...

wash11

Reaction score
Bummer thread, hate seeing this stuff happen.

As for Florida and it's affiliation with shady companies/scammers- there's an actual reason the two seem to go together like peas and carrots. Florida has one of the most comprehensive and liberal Homestead Protection clauses written into its constitution. In my old life I did forensic asset location for bankruptcy trustees and the trail would often lead to Florida on larger filings.
Basically, your primary residence (home, mobile, condo, townhouse) is protected from creditors, levy or judgement through article X, section 4. There always seemed to be an abnormally high number of attempted foreclosures (which are pretty much non-enforceable but the lender has to go through the motions) on record for people that played the game.

Color me surprised when a quick public records search for Michael F Wood at the 1202 Villa Ln showed 5 foreclosures with no evictions.

10/28/2009 filing date
9/24/2010 filing date
2/15/2016 filing date
1/24/2017 filing date
10/1/2018 filing date

Welcome to RDP Community Vetting.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
the problem here is not with coastal marine,... it's with A-mex...I would be going after a-mex,...they are a 3rd party in this deal that guarantees payment for product....you pay them for the product, then they pay the supplier , since it is proven, sold as a 30p new prop, that is not what was delivered...so what we have is a unilateral exchange that A-mex is liable for...my case would be with A-mex...they are the ones guarantying the trans action.... pretty much the same as if coastal marine didn't get paid, they would come after relax for payment,... but he would show that it was paid to a-mex who they both agreed to accept as the escrow agent ….

so, like I said.... I'd go higher up the ladder with a-mex...they'll give the money back, also.....another thing wrong here,that prop should have been returned already ...there should have been a request for return...."wrong item"..with amex all you have to show is proof of return... they reversed the charge back because, the prop was not returned.....best thing to do at this point is return it..send it signature required...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
as far as "NO RETURNS"... that only will apply if the actual item sold is shipped....all wrong items shipped are returnable,

all transactions must be a lateral exchange...if not... both parties must return what they received ….in this case... prop goes back..seller refunds amout involved....I've been through this before... but, because I requested a return authorization , and they denied it in writing, I paid to have it shipped,..card company refunded my shipping and did a charge back to the seller.....gonna say this.... nothing is gonna happen unless A-mex says they will refund the money...which they will if it is shown that the prop was returned...

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
as far as "NO RETURNS"... that only will apply if the actual item sold is shipped....all wrong items shipped are returnable,

all transactions must be a lateral exchange...if not... both parties must return what they received ….in this case... prop goes back..seller refunds amout involved....I've been through this before... but, because I requested a return authorization , and they denied it in writing, I paid to have it shipped,..card company refunded my shipping and did a charge back to the seller.....gonna say this.... nothing is gonna happen unless A-mex says they will refund the money...which they will if it is shown that the prop was returned...

I’m thinking Amex tried to refund but didn’t have CME funds to go after so they put it back on the buyer.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I’m thinking Amex tried to refund but didn’t have CME funds to go after so they put it back on the buyer.
That would be federal fraud on A-mex...they make a lot of money on transactions... the this amount wouldn't even make a speck...

But , as a retailer for 40 yrs,... I know the "SYSTEM"...and know how people work the "SYSTEM"....

Here's what needs to happen...the second you open the box,... goods need to be inspected...also there is a time frame involved for damaged or wrong item...assumption is that box was open, item inspected, Item accepted, and used....the fact that it was the wrong item is gonna lose it's grip on return the longer it's not returned...was the request for return the same day the box was opened????

taking the principle road always leads to a dead end...

so my advise... Take your hickey and move on...

I'd just take the prop to a prop shop and find out what it really is... and sell it at that.. you want personal satisfaction??? play with your dick... works every time...fuc'n with some one never gets a good return...

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
39tr5c.jpg

39tr8o.jpg

relaxalot

Reaction score
I sent him another letter asking him to accept a return if I payed a 15 percent restocking fee.. and I offered to pay shipping back.. No response so far. I guess that means NO? I will check my junk mail.. maybe it went to that.. I have been super busy this week and didn’t feel like dealing with this issue.. I have had a couple of offers of people who want to test the prop and if it works for them.. maybe buy it.. I did use the prop but only for 15 mins. I didn’t look at the hub markings (32) before I put it on.. as soon as I went on plane I knew it wasn’t a stock 30 like he had stated. I was expecting a stock 30 pitch that’s why I didn’t even look at the hub markings. I immediately removed it and put my 32 Maximus back on. I guess I am just disappointed.. when I was told I was getting a new stock 30 pitch that is what I was expecting.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
This thread, IMO, is a very sad one..You purchased a "new" prop hoping for your desired results.. Instead you got a big, expensive box of disappointments.. Disappointment at the performance results, and then a huge disappointment as you discovered you had done business with a total flake... Further disappointments as you came to the realization that every effort you make gets zero results.. You have made it quite clear it's not the money, it's the idea of fraud and the prick getting away with it... I wish you only the best in your efforts to force him to make it right. I wish I knew of some obscure law, or some obscure person who's name ends in a vowel to knock on his door and make his feet point to the rear...
Best of luck, you clearly deserve better...
Ray

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I sent him another letter asking him to accept a return if I payed a 15 percent restocking fee.. and I offered to pay shipping back.. No response so far. I guess that means NO? I will check my junk mail.. maybe it went to that.. I have been super busy this week and didn’t feel like dealing with this issue.. I have had a couple of offers of people who want to test the prop and if it works for them.. maybe buy it.. I did use the prop but only for 15 mins. I didn’t look at the hub markings (32) before I put it on.. as soon as I went on plane I knew it wasn’t a stock 30 like he had stated. I was expecting a stock 30 pitch that’s why I didn’t even look at the hub markings. I immediately removed it and put my 32 Maximus back on. I guess I am just disappointed.. when I was told I was getting a new stock 30 pitch that is what I was expecting.

Relax
Thanks for the update...
Its amazing that a Business owner would advertise a NEW Prop then deliver a USED re-pitch prop to their customer...

what you offered to CME is more than FAIR... and as stated per CME website...

Good luck, I hope CME mans up and rectify this situation

Last edited:

braindead

Reaction score

I'm sorry for what I'm about to say, but the truth hurts sometimes!
For the past couple weeks you have received some very good advice as to how to deal with the situation from both sides of the situation, i.e. Buyers and sellers from CC companies, and yet you have not pursued any other means of getting your money back from someone who lied to you. This is totally irrevelant to the situation, but I have a buddy of mine who has struggled to get thru life after his wife left him, but he has not succombed to living off welfare and govt support for food and day to day supplies, but he still struggles to eat and pay his car registration. In his usual driving around for his job he has been involved in a couple accidents, that we're not his fault, yet others are blaming him for there medical injuries. Long story short, I told him to call an attorney Monday, the day after he told me he got hit and ran by someone in a Lexus SUV, and to this day still hasn't called or followed up with locating video surveillance at the scene of the crime. This is your situation in a nutshell, peolple giving you advice on what you should do, but you not acting on that advice to right your situation.

So the point of the story is that if you're not gonna stand up for your rights or your money, don't come to this forum bitching about some company who ripped you off! Obviously you think your time is worth more than what you sent to this prick "Mike Wood" for a prop that was mislabeled and re sold.

On a totally different subject, yet might help your situation, I got screwed by what I thought was a USPS fault when it was the postal co's fault. I mailed some theater tickets, back to the seller, through USPS certified 2 day mail valued at $600 from a USPS "franchise", not sure what to call a shipping store, they didn't get back to the seller in time for me to receive replacement tickets so I got screwed! I contacted usps and they claimed I didn't purchase insurance for the package, which I thought was bullshit at the time, so I wrote a letter to me congress woman. One day I recieved a call from a representative from my congress woman who asked about my situation, I explained it to him and was told to hold on while he contacted the USPS, when he came back he explained the situation and asked me if I had paid for the secondary insurance for values over $250, I said no that I wasn't given that option, he explained to me that while you can value something at whatever price you want, the USPS will only payback the shipping cost unless you pay for the extra insurance. So I took the "shipping court" to small court and got my money back from them, even thought the seller got me the tickets I needed.

So to sum it up, if you want your money back, get it back, if not, be a man and tell everyone that you're no longer pursuing any legal action against the seller and are just gonna roll over and play dead, to put it nicely.

If what I have tried to convey to you offends u, too bad!

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Ray
Thanks for the update
...Its amazing that a Business owner would advertise a NEW Prop then deliver a USED re-pitch prop to their customer...
what you offered to CME is more than FAIR... and as stated per CME website...
Good luck, I hope CME mans up and rectify this situation

It's not RAY's deal.... I gave no update... I just typed an opinion of the circumstances...
Ray

sirbob

Reaction score
For the past couple weeks you have received some very good advice as to how to deal with the situation from both sides of the situation, i.e. Buyers and sellers from CC companies, and yet you have not pursued any other means of getting your money back from someone who lied to you. This is totally irrevelant to the situation, but I have a buddy of mine who has struggled to get thru life after his wife left him, but he has not succombed to living off welfare and govt support for food and day to day supplies, but he still struggles to eat and pay his car registration. In his usual driving around for his job he has been involved in a couple accidents, that we're not his fault, yet others are blaming him for there medical injuries. Long story short, I told him to call an attorney Monday, the day after he told me he got hit and ran by someone in a Lexus SUV, and to this day still hasn't called or followed up with locating video surveillance at the scene of the crime. This is your situation in a nutshell, peolple giving you advice on what you should do, but you not acting on that advice to right your situation.

So the point of the story is that if you're not gonna stand up for your rights or your money, don't come to this forum bitching about some company who ripped you off! Obviously you think your time is worth more than what you sent to this prick "Mike Wood" for a prop that was mislabeled and re sold.

On a totally different subject, yet might help your situation, I got screwed by what I thought was a USPS fault when it was the postal co's fault. I mailed some theater tickets, back to the seller, through USPS certified 2 day mail valued at $600 from a USPS "franchise", not sure what to call a shipping store, they didn't get back to the seller in time for me to receive replacement tickets so I got screwed! I contacted usps and they claimed I didn't purchase insurance for the package, which I thought was bullshit at the time, so I wrote a letter to me congress woman. One day I recieved a call from a representative from my congress woman who asked about my situation, I explained it to him and was told to hold on while he contacted the USPS, when he came back he explained the situation and asked me if I had paid for the secondary insurance for values over $250, I said no that I wasn't given that option, he explained to me that while you can value something at whatever price you want, the USPS will only payback the shipping cost unless you pay for the extra insurance. So I took the "shipping court" to small court and got my money back from them, even thought the seller got me the tickets I needed.

So to sum it up, if you want your money back, get it back, if not, be a man and tell everyone that you're no longer pursuing any legal action against the seller and are just gonna roll over and play dead, to put it nicely.

Friday night after 11pm...

This must be a drunk post.

Ricks raft

Reaction score

Wow!

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
It's not RAY's deal.... I gave no update... I just typed an opinion of the circumstances...
Ray
Ray...my mistake... when I as typing I thought I was reading the OP signature line... but that was your rely I was reading....LOL ( I know his name, and its not "Ray" lol, but my reply was a fly by, leaving on a date with my honey..LOL

The OP reached out to me when I mentioned a time line that I was gonna follow thru posting the CME Facebook accounts. (I did post on CME facebook accounts that day, F-HIM!!)
OP and I talked on the phone, come to find out the OP is one town over.... anyhow, its not my place to divulge our conversation... but I can say the OP is appreciative to all RDP members with their advice given. The OP is an Honest business man with ethics and trying to satisfy the situation ethically with CME... he hasn't given up trying to resolve this business deal...

HBCraig

Reaction score

Well, I will offer my opinion then. You say dont come here and bitch. That's exactly what this forum is about. Some pretty cool people here on RDP that can offer their experiences and help.

Riodog

Reaction score
Too bad the shitbag lives on the other side of the country. We've got a few ol' boys around that would love to get involved.
I had the same type of situation occur back in 1995 here in Anaheim and I still trash the piece of shit when ever his name comes up. And yes, my dispute was resolved much to my satisfaction. This will follow him for years to come.
Rio

eddie

Reaction score
We wired Mike at CME money for Mercury Racing 860 packages in August of 2018. No motors and can't get back $140,000 we sent. Lots of excuses and why it's not his fault. If anyone has been a victim of CME please let me know. Cell is 402-290-8070 email [email protected] no matter how small or great the loss is please get in touch with me.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Wow. This has really escalated...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Now we know how he stays in business.....$140K will keep him churning for a bit. Time to send in some "goons" and see what can be salvaged is what I think

Old Texan

Reaction score
We wired Mike at CME money for Mercury Racing 860 packages in August of 2018. No motors and can't get back $140,000 we sent. Lots of excuses and why it's not his fault. If anyone has been a victim of CME please let me know. Cell is 402-290-8070 email [email protected] no matter how small or great the loss is please get in touch with me.
Wow that's awful.....Many of us have been taken by these crooks, but this guy is way beyond belief.

Wish you the best of luck in getting your money and hopefully shutting the guy down. Keep us posted.....

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

Fuck paying any fees. He sent you a 32 and you ordered a 30. Period. It’s the wrong item. Send the correct part or refund the money. Nothing else is acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Reaction score

You wired $140,000 to Mike at CME! No deposit but instead you wired all the funds?!

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Marine industry is very much a "word of mouth" referral or not like in your case.
You could probably chase him to small claims court in a year or 2....... just to be told, "Let the buyer beware"
"Out him" and this transaction on every forum, Yelp, BBB you can think of. Word gets round fast.
How many times have we seen a referral asked for from RDP.
Good luck.

eddie

Reaction score
You wired $140,000 to Mike at CME! No deposit but instead you wired all the funds?!

I had purchased drives, long blocks, etc from him before. We ran the serial numbers thru Merc net and they were valid. No reason to not think it wasn't legit. He invoiced us and we paid.

Nows its time to let others know and get other victims to come forward so it can be handled criminally. Civil wise I don't believe we would ever be made whole.

Coast Mar Exp

Reaction score
We have hired Bierens Group which is a law firm overseas to help us retrieve the monies we sent to Belgium for the pair of Mercury Racing 860 engines that Nauticcenterliege.com and Merc-Racing.com said they had for sale but they were not. We feel horrible about how this deal went and trying our best to rectify it.

eddie

Reaction score
We have hired Bierens Group which is a law firm overseas to help us retrieve the monies we sent to Belgium for the pair of Mercury Racing 860 engines that Nauticcenterliege.com and Merc-Racing.com said they had for sale but they were not. We feel horrible about how this deal went and trying our best to rectify it.

No reason to feel bad, just pay us back.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

IMG_1730.png

Obviously you are a con artist. [emoji1418]

lbhsbz

Reaction score

Merc is in Wisconsin, why the fuck would you order them from Europe?

hallett21

Reaction score
Why you would buy a mercury racing propeller, drive or motor new from a non certified mercury dealer is beyond me.

These stories seem to start with people trying to save a few bucks. There’s a reason the Mercury certified dealers sell at the price they do.

Doesn’t justify companies ripping people off.

WhatExit?

Reaction score

Based on this thread it's clear that the only money you should be given is for work you've done (as in digging ditches, stocking shelves, bagging groceries at the supermarket, etc.). There's no way anyone should ever trust you with anything more than dollars they can afford to lose immediately.

Do everyone in this world two favors:
1. Pay back all the people who've been fucked by your "business dealings" with them
2. Stop selling anything to anyone

Old Texan

Reaction score
Well this sounds like a story. Is the Belgium firm someone you've done enough business with to trust with someone else's money??????? And based soly on someone saying they had them for sale?

Taboma

Reaction score
Hell the site won't even translate into English. Belgians probably think they got a windfall from the US due to the Trump economy blowin' and goin':eek:;)

It translated OK for me, but with their house brands being Yamaha and Seadoo PWCs and what they refer to as "Water Tractors" which is their wake board boats, not sure what they were doing with a pair of Merc 860 racing engines ?
Regardless, that whole deal is sure mess --- I thought we were well past the 70's Jet Boat fiasco, then Tim arrived, now this crap --- who do you trust ?

Just for LOF --- they have rack storage :p

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Reaction score
While it’s a known thing that CME is a sham, you’re a special kinda dumb fuck to wire $140K to a guy with nothing but a piece of paper to “enforce” the deal.

I can’t fathom how one that has the brains to accumulate that level of expendable cash can be so stupid as to fork it over in the manner that you claim to have done.

Something smells like shit.

Sherpa

Reaction score
$300 buys a lot of respect these days.
This guy is a fool for thinking this won't come back