WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Just bought an Eliminator 234 edge project

Snprhed

Reaction score
I dont have pictures yet, but I have a couple of questions. It needs a new windshield and doing some searches it looks like there are a couple of places that sell older ones

https://www.updplastics.com/eliminator-boat-windshields/

I read this company used to build eliminators windshields but dont see anything about it on their website http://wayneearl.com/

Should I contact Eliminator directly?

its a 1990 if that matters

Snprhed

Reaction score
I also seem to recall reading on here that the Edge runs much better with a shorter X dimension and that a -2 drive was best but I couldnt find it.

96motorhead

Reaction score
I dont have pictures yet, but I have a couple of questions. It needs a new windshield and doing some searches it looks like there are a couple of places that sell older ones

I read this company used to build eliminators windshields but dont see anything about it on their website http://wayneearl.com/

It is my understanding that the guy that runs Oc boat windows is who used to make the windshields for eliminator when he used to work for Wayne earl.

Snprhed

Reaction score
just an update. I talked to Eliminator, they have the windshield!

I talked to Primo, he has the windshield!

I talked to Finney's, they have the windshield!

Thanks everybody!

Anybody have anything on the -2 drive for the better X-d?

Also, Im not in love with the color, how much would a full color gel-coat cost? Any idea? I assume it may be cheaper to paint it. Anyone have any idea of cost for re-gel or full paint?

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
200.gif

Backlash

Reaction score
An entire gelcoat job will cost more than the boat is worth. I wouldn't paint it either as it wont help with resale down the road. Just run it, fix the little things and enjoy it. Then when you find the boat you've always wanted, sell this and move on. No sense going down the rabbit hole if you can avoid it.

Snprhed

Reaction score
So it has a 496 mag (375hp) and the prop on it is not marked. My dad was saying it (the prop) is junk so I thought Id see what prop works well with this hull.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
So it has a 496 mag (375hp) and the prop on it is not marked. My dad was saying it (the prop) is junk so I thought Id see what prop works well with this hull.
Not completely familiar with this bottom, but other Eliminator Eagles this size and power, a 4 blade 24" Bravo 1 would be a good choice.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
I used OC boat windows and they were great. They replaced the windshields on my 2006 27 Daytona and did an awesome job.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Also, Im not in love with the color, how much would a full color gel-coat cost? Any idea? I assume it may be cheaper to paint it. Anyone have any idea of cost for re-gel or full paint?

I love the colors and the style. I was expecting pink and teal when you asked about a re-gel. At most I would get ride of the bow rails and swap to pop up cleats but honestly I would detail it and rock it as is.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Ahh damn.... Sounds like a good time to Rio the drive train all out and slap a 400 on it. :-D

I've always thought an Edge with a 400 could be a blast!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Snprhed

Reaction score
So the guy who replaced the motor had some difficulty with the exhaust

Snprhed

Reaction score
He went with side exhaust which I love.

Ive heard that 26p should work well. Im hoping someone with an edge can chime in

Orange Juice

Reaction score

I talked to Eliminator 15 years ago, they told me Wayne’s had the patterns, and they gave me their phone #. That was before the 2008 down turn in boat building. Not sure if they’re still in business.

Snprhed

Reaction score
Primo can make replacement windshields. That is who I will be using for the windshields.

Snprhed

Reaction score
There is a labbed 26 bravo I in the for sale section. He doesnt seem to know who did the work on it though. :(

Snprhed

Reaction score
Anybody know anything about the hydromotive Intimidator Quad IV?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Won't be much different than a Bravo 1. Slightly larger diameter, so may be slightly harder to turn @ the same pitch, but should be very minor. The idea is to hit red line of your engine at WOT under the circumstances that you do most of your boating, amount of people, gear, fuel, elevation and temp. The red line for 496 mag with 375hp is about 5000rpm, kind of doubt under most conditions that you can spin anything bigger than 24" and hit 5000 RPM. A lot of people have a tendency to over prop because they get more speed at a lower rpm, but it is harder on the engine and may actually get poorer mileage.

Last edited:

Rbcconst

Reaction score

I had an edge a few years back. I would be trying a Rev 4 personally. The rev 4 lifts the hull out of the water. Revs are odd number pitch so maybe try a 23P. The guys that run the rev say that the entire boat runs higher out of the water over the bravo. With the edge being a mod vp tunnel you better not over prop the boat or you wont be able to get on top and pack air and it will ride like shit, i know this from experience in that hull. You will be much better off running a little under propped then over. I think 23p in the rev or 24p in a bravo would be about right. Another prop to try would be the hill round ear 5 blade maybe in a 23p or 22p. Whatever prop you choose needs to create bow lift, if you run a stern lift prop you will fight against the design if the hull. Great boat, runs like a slot car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Snprhed

Reaction score
OK, so I went and read the description for the Rev 4 on the Merc website. It talks about being for inshore/offshore fishing boats, it mentions something about center console boats.
So i was less than convinced. I called BBlades and asked him what prop they carried had the most bow lift. He said it was the Rev 4....

There is a chance Im going to go with a -2 lower unit. It is supposed to be great for these hulls. So rather than spend $1200 on a labbed rev 4 that I may have to sell shortly down the road. I bought one on ebay for $350. That should work well for later on figuring out what pitch I will need as well. The stainless gimbal ring will be finished in a few days and should get a few more weeks of testing before our weather turns.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
OK, so I went and read the description for the Rev 4 on the Merc website. It talks about being for inshore/offshore fishing boats, it mentions something about center console boats.
So i was less than convinced. I called BBlades and asked him what prop they carried had the most bow lift. He said it was the Rev 4....

There is a chance Im going to go with a -2 lower unit. It is supposed to be great for these hulls. So rather than spend $1200 on a labbed rev 4 that I may have to sell shortly down the road. I bought one on ebay for $350. That should work well for later on figuring out what pitch I will need as well. The stainless gimbal ring will be finished in a few days and should get a few more weeks of testing before our weather turns.
Good luck! Been keeping tabs on this :)