WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is “too early” for boat start-up on the Parker Strip?

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I have a chopped and channeled 31 coupe i should be working on, a 65 Ranchero pro-street to reconfigure the chassis, and a 34 tudor after that...and yet in my shop I've been working on my 15yo's 83 Silverado:( It's just getting quick and dirty body work and a little shine. After that, I need to get some stuff moving through here to replenish the coffers from buiding the shop:)

Buy the '33 then. Steel body car that's already running. ;)

old rigger

Reaction score
Buy the '33 then. Steel body car that's already running. ;)

My favorite all time car, 33 or 34 tudor sedan. Never owned one though and probably never will. Have had 70 or so old cars but never one of those. Came real close when I was 20. I'd already had quite a few cars by then and found a '34 in North Long Beach that had a FE in it and had been sitting for about 5 years. This was in 1976. My dad said, why don't you do something else with your money as the car will be gone in 6 months and you'll be looking for the next one. So, I bought a house instead, lol. Still have it but have never lived in it.

33/34, the most beautiful car Ford ever built.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My favorite all time car, 33 or 34 tudor sedan. Never owned one though and probably never will. Have had 70 or so old cars but never one of those. Came real close when I was 20. I'd already had quite a few cars by then and found a '34 in North Long Beach that had a FE in it and had been sitting for about 5 years. This was in 1976. My dad said, why don't you do something else with your money as the car will be gone in 6 months and you'll be looking for the next one. So, I bought a house instead, lol. Still have it but have never lived in it.

A '33 is my absolute favorite, swooping grille and center mount hood latches. Then there's also the unicorn early 33, had un-skirted fenders like a 32...only seen 2 in my life. One was real, the other real enough;)
Apparently my projects will have to wait...just got the call, and heading to Cali Friday morning to pick up a customer '32 roadster. The quote was, " Stick a '40 motor in it, get it running and driving". Yes sir, I can do that:)

old rigger

Reaction score
A '33 is my absolute favorite, swooping grille and center mount hood latches. Then there's also the unicorn early 33, had un-skirted fenders like a 32...only seen 2 in my life. One was real, the other real enough;)
Apparently my projects will have to wait...just got the call, and heading to Cali Friday morning to pick up a customer '32 roadster. The quote was, " Stick a '40 motor in it, get it running and driving". Yes sir, I can do that:)

Never heard that about the early '33 fenders.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Never heard that about the early '33 fenders.
Very early, like the first few weeks of production on the Victoria and Cabriolet line. Sexy as all hell, if you like old Fords with fenders. Every time I ended up with a car with fenders, I always sold them to offset costs. The word seems to be the early cars are in their sunset now. The big money seems to be with the pro-touring/muscle car stuff. I figure I'll finally get to keep an early car now:p

Beautiful Noise

Reaction score
Seen this a couple of times over the years :D:D:D

90124388-7431-4D8D-A93E-C1649DE9776D.jpeg

old rigger

Reaction score
Very early, like the first few weeks of production on the Victoria and Cabriolet line. Sexy as all hell, if you like old Fords with fenders. Every time I ended up with a car with fenders, I always sold them to offset costs. The word seems to be the early cars are in their sunset now. The big money seems to be with the pro-touring/muscle car stuff. I figure I'll finally get to keep an early car now:p

My grandpa told me years ago that as each generation dies off, their cars become unwanted. For the most part I think that's true. I use to be in a club called four ever four, just ford 4 bangers and a few T's. I was decades younger than most members and I can see it with their kids, as they pass away they don't want the cool old model A's. They'd rather have something from their youth.

My grandpa had a brand new '24 model T roadster and he put a 4 valve rajo head on it. He said it was pretty bad ass for the time. Dad was a gearhead into 40s-50s chevys and model As. I guess that's where I get it. I like it all.

Clank123

Reaction score
Seen this a couple of times over the years :D:D:D

View attachment 791468
518734Boat225crop-med.jpg

I drove that boat as a Superstock in 1989.
Runnerbottom Litchfield with a Ron Edhe Circle Race legal bottom.
Fast down the straights, but No Bueno in the corners.
Little Brother sure has had some fun with it over the years at the River!

Wheeler

Reaction score

Bet its cheaper than you could ever imagine.
You've earned it, make it yours, make it Miller Time. :D

Wheeler

Reaction score
My Favorite! :cool:
I meet with the guy that has power of attoney tomorrow. I'll know more then.
I bought a '68 S code in highland green from the same.owner in '02. Built in San Jose within a week of the Bullet car. Only difference acording to Marti was mine was auto with a bench seat. Only 16 were ordered with bench in this year and model making it arguably one of the rarest mustangs ever. At least acording Marti.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I bought a '68 S code in highland green from the same.owner in '02. Built in San Jose within a week of the Bullet car. Only difference acording to Marti was mine was auto with a bench seat. Only 16 were ordered with bench in this year and model making it arguably one of the rarest mustangs ever. At least acording Marti.

An automatic with a bench? Was it a column shift? I love everything about a big block mustang except changing plugs and header gaskets.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Bench seat is one of those things I saw in a Ford book, and thought "Really?!" That has to be one of the rarest pony's out there...right up there with the infamous paisley vinyl top option!
An automatic with a bench? Was it a column shift? I love everything about a big block mustang except changing plugs and header gaskets.
Worst job I ever took as a young pup...installing headers on a CJ! I think the 3 piece driver side took me 8 hours!

old rigger

Reaction score
A 56, a 68 fastback and a badass boat...fuck me, I grew up in the wrong neighborhood! (And possibly a few years too late:rolleyes:)

That looks like a long bed '56. (I think I see a stake pocket over the rear fender) Guy in the Model T club here in LB has one of those but it's a big back window. I don't know how many long beds had that option, but it's pretty rare.

Wheeler

Reaction score
20190826_101020.jpg
20190826_101021.jpg
20190826_101021(0).jpg
20190826_101022.jpg
20190826_101053.jpg
Saw these Guys yesterday morning just before I left .......I turned and looked at the boat and truck all covered up and said ..... Next time :D:D

You're much better off. That group is a motly crew and friends of that river mobster guy. o_O

Last edited:

Wheeler

Reaction score
Someone post spne pix!!!

1homeblown

Reaction score
Scott Steele will be making passes on the Strip tomorrow morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Any relation to Rob Steele who used to run an alcohol hydro a while back?

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Scott Steele will be making passes on the Strip tomorrow morning!

Should be interesting with the Nautique Wake and Surf Boat regatta this weekend. River has been screwed up since Thursday.

1homeblown

Reaction score
All the good shit is over on face book? :confused:

It just might be time for me to join facebook. o_O

I held out for a while...it has some good shit but a SHIT-TON of garbage to sort through as well. You can filter it though. I’m still FB dumb.

RichL

Reaction score
I held out for a while...it has some good shit but a SHIT-TON of garbage to sort through as well. You can filter it though. I’m still FB dumb.

I only joined for access to their marketplace when I was looking for a Formula. After that I never used it. One day I got a message that my account was suspended because I appeared to be a security risk. F them.

old rigger

Reaction score
Should be interesting with the Nautique Wake and Surf Boat regatta this weekend. River has been screwed up since Thursday.

It’s a fucking shit show. Took our neighbor for a ski ride up to Castle and back at 8:30 this more...like glass, then my wife and I ran up to the dam, floated a bit then down to Bluewater. Lori got a little nervous with the water conditions down there. Launched our spectra out of the water twice. It’s wake/surf boat Hell almost all the way up to the Keys.