WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chick fil A

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
When is Havasu gonna get a Chick fil A ? I really miss them .

Nordie

Reaction score
Shit that's a good idea. I need to go to PETSMART for dog food, there just so happens to be one in the parking lot.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Is there enough people in Havasu to make it worth it? The 2 in Torrance always have a line usually 20 minute wait minimum. I went to the one in playa del Rey yesterday. Area is ridiculous with condos and apartments. Drove around for 30 minutes looking for a lunch spot and Chick fil a was 1 of the only drive thrust I found. Only 2 cars in front of me and took less than 5 minutes. I would go there a few times a week if it was that fast in Torrance.

Tank

Reaction score
Buddy of mine just opened up the one in Santee (I think that’s where it is). The company makes it SUPER easy to open one as an owner. They don’t want a huge buy in and help the owners up front get everything together. As I recall it’s one of the cheapest drove through places to open. The catch is the owners are WELL vetted. Gotta have a connection to the company (my buddies brother owned the one in Oxnard and now owns one in Utah. They make a shit ton of cash too unlike a McDonald’s or subway or Carl’s or Taco Bell or whatever else. Another good friend of ours owns all the jersey mikes in Bakersfield (9 I think) and she told me you need to own at least 6 JM’s to retire and live off the income. One chic-fil-a is all it takes to do the same!

It’s a great company. I know there was all that backlash about the owner donating to a candidate that was anti gay marriage but the company ALWAYS donates food to the community, police, fire, charity events. I mean, a LOT! They are very pro community and doing good.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Buddy of mine just opened up the one in Santee (I think that’s where it is). The company makes it SUPER easy to open one as an owner. They don’t want a huge buy in and help the owners up front get everything together. As I recall it’s one of the cheapest drove through places to open. The catch is the owners are WELL vetted. Gotta have a connection to the company (my buddies brother owned the one in Oxnard and now owns one in Utah. They make a shit ton of cash too unlike a McDonald’s or subway or Carl’s or Taco Bell or whatever else. Another good friend of ours owns all the jersey mikes in Bakersfield (9 I think) and she told me you need to own at least 6 JM’s to retire and live off the income. One chic-fil-a is all it takes to do the same!

It’s a great company. I know there was all that backlash about the owner donating to a candidate that was anti gay marriage but the company ALWAYS donates food to the community, police, fire, charity events. I mean, a LOT! They are very pro community and doing good.
Yea , after that incident, “popularity “ went down , but sales went up ...

Springfield

Reaction score
The wife and I thought the same thing. So we looked into opening up a franchise. Well chick fil a picks the location not the franchisee. And you also need more prerequisites other than $$$$.

I believe it would be a hit yer round.

Made it to the 4th interview and they found out I wasn't Mormon. :(

NicPaus

Reaction score
That's interesting about Jersey Mikes. Does corporate take majority of the profits? A small 6" sandwich is $10 go with a large with chips and a drink and your almost at $20. I thought they were killing it.

Done-it-again

Reaction score

I didn’t know that was a prerequisite, I wouldn’t have passed either.

But if i made it to the 4th interview. I would have joined. I know more jack Mormons than traditional ones.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yesterday at work our caterer ordered a bunch of CFA for us for lunch. Half of the crew said it was "Hate Food" but ate it anyway because it was there and "already paid for". Crazy times were living in.
The one out here does a huge business. The employees they have are always decent, both kids and adults. It may be a bigger numbers than others just because our area is full of "haters"...people that go to church, hunt, etc... Hell, even my wife's gay PE teacher friend goes there. Not all of them hold a grudge.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
A big downside to "owning" one.
Chick-fil-A doesn't call the people who run its restaurants "franchisees." Instead, they're called "operators," which helps signify their role in the company. "Operators do not own or receive any equity in their businesses. The company picks the restaurant's location, and then owns the restaurant. Franchisees cannot sell their locations or pass them on to the next generation. Nor can they open multiple locations, which can limit franchisees' potential profits."

So, if you have the intention of buying a franchise you can later sell, Chick-fil-A isn't for you.

Tank

Reaction score

Actually that’s a misconception. The founder (Truett) was not a Mormon he was a southern baptist. But a LOT of their operators are Mormon including my friends brother.

Tank

Reaction score
That's interesting about Jersey Mikes. Does corporate take majority of the profits? A small 6" sandwich is $10 go with a large with chips and a drink and your almost at $20. I thought they were killing it.

I don’t know what the break down is. But they’re just not as crazy busy as say in n out or chic fil a

NicPaus

Reaction score
I don’t know what the break down is. But they’re just not as crazy busy as say in n out or chic fil a

The one in Torrance is in same complex as in n out. Both spots the line is out of control all day. In n out get there 1015-1030 or don't bother. JM from 11-3 is a zoo. Chick fil a is opening a spot across the street. Going to be just as busy as the other 2 in Torrance. Money spots.

Nordie

Reaction score
Switched Gears and went to PDQ, their chicken is on point.

Cali-club includes avocado and bacon
20190914_125504.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Speaking of chic fil a. Owners just showed up with their custom boards. Lol.

B63D741D-068F-4C6E-806B-23D7EA5D3683.jpeg

500bbc

Reaction score
Is there enough people in Havasu to make it worth it? The 2 in Torrance always have a line usually 20 minute wait minimum. I went to the one in playa del Rey yesterday. Area is ridiculous with condos and apartments. Drove around for 30 minutes looking for a lunch spot and Chick fil a was 1 of the only drive thrust I found. Only 2 cars in front of me and took less than 5 minutes. I would go there a few times a week if it was that fast in Torrance.

HOMOPHOBE!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

They seem to require the owner/operator to be an active part of the business it appears

K-DOG

Reaction score

I live in Santee and go to that one all the time. It is always busy.

rivergames

Reaction score
Hey, don't blow up my Chick Fil A!

There is usually a smaller line at the one compared to others. It's nice!

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I wish we had a Chick fil a closer than 2.5 hours. It's the only place I can get our Fairlife yogurt. And i usually have to sweet talk a manager into selling it to me by the tub instead of individual parfaits.