WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Bash 2019

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
It’s that time of year again to buy tickets for the Desert Bash off road poker run. The run is Sat December 14th.

Tickets can be found here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/arizon...erce-2019-desert-bash-off-tickets-66482943273

They go on sale Sunday the 15th at 8:00 am. This event always sell out within 3-4 days. Two years ago it sold out in 8 hours. So be sure to get your tickets.

This is very fun event with card stops that are awesome. Family ride and go as fast as you want. The run itself is about 70 miles or so and take most of the day. They have search and rescue to help with any things you might need help with too. But do come prepared with spare belt and tire and tools to change both.

That all being said who is going? For sure I am in

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Is this a camping only deal?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Is this a camping only deal?

No you don’t need to camp. You’ll just need to get your SXS to the cement plant in the morning before the event. Maker sure it is full of gas. The run is about 70 miles I believe. @Bpracing1127 and I have non turbo 1000s and were on fumes when we got back to my house at the end of the day. And we gassed up at the last gas station on the south side of town that morning. We were driving pretty hard on the open stretches though.

The event runs from about 7AM to 4PM or so.

A few of us will just be driving from my house to the event in our SXSs. You can stay wherever you want. You may need to bundle up for the morning ride on the highway outside of town.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
No you don’t need to camp. You’ll just need to get your SXS to the cement plant in the morning. The event runs from about 7AM to 4PM or so.

A few of us will just be driving from my house to the event in our SXSs. You can stay wherever you want. You may need to bundle up for the morning ride on the highway outside of town.
Thank you

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Thank you

No problem! Hope to see you out there.

https://safishing.com/product-category/face-shield/frost-tech/

Pro Tip - SA Fishing has thermal face shields... they are warm. They will probably have a sale around Black Friday.

D88BB625-E145-4EB4-BDA5-17EFF0B56553.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I love that run, but god damn the chatter bumps literally shake the cars apart..

RD

Meaney77

Reaction score
I love that run, but god damn the chatter bumps literally shake the cars apart..

RD
So its no different than the one that Pirate Cove puts on? That may be the deciding factor...

The 1st year was great but ever since then the popularity of off roading out there has got well known and the trails are completely hammered out there.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
So its no different than the one that Pirate Cove puts on? That may be the deciding factor...

The 1st year was great but ever since then the popularity of off roading out there has got well known and the trails are completely hammered out there.
The first and last wash are wash boarded out. It really not that bad with my rzr. But I have 30” tires and stage 4 shocks. Plus I drive fast. If your in a stock rzr then yea it’s bad

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

No helmets !

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I was a card stop at the pirates run once, but we never ran the poker run. I don't know how it is up there?

RD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

RD

Ian and I got up some speed and ran on top of them. Trying to take them from 30-40 MPH will rattle you.

I drove up on Ian once and he was literally taking a drink. The ruts felt like almost nothing in the low 50s.. it was like a 21 Schiada in 3 foot Havasu chop.

Then I blew a front shock and the last few miles sucked. That ride sold me on the revalved shocks and upgraded springs.

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Ian and I got up some speed and ran on top of them. Trying to take them from 30-40 MPH will rattle you.

I drove up on Ian once and he was literally taking a drink. The ruts felt like almost nothing in the low 50s.. it was like a 21 Schiada in 3 foot Havasu chop.

Then I blew a front shock and the last few miles sucked. That ride sold me on the revalved shocks and upgraded springs.
That was a lot of fun that day. We drove hard! Watching everyone get out and go ohhhh my back! That was priceless

DWC

Reaction score

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Who in town rents SXS? Haven’t done this since we sold our rhino way back when.

rickym20

Reaction score
Thought I was doing good and bought a ticket for the family. Told the wife and she reminded me we are leaving town for nieces graduation.... I hate when I do that lol.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Who in town rents SXS? Haven’t done this since we sold our rhino way back when.
I don't know who it is but there's a couple can ams at the entrance to Windsor park that have rent me signs on them.

riverroyal

Reaction score
187, orange, you guys all doing it? Last time I did it was year number 1 I think in my Terex. Got my ass handed to me

dezrtracer

Reaction score
187, orange, you guys all doing it? Last time I did it was year number 1 I think in my Terex. Got my ass handed to me

Last year was a blast . Ian and LOFs let us tag along with their group . It was probably 6 or 7 cars of cool people . This year I have a few buddies that are bringing their cars too .

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Last year was a blast . Ian and LOFs let us tag along with their group . It was probably 6 or 7 cars of cool people . This year I have a few buddies that are bringing their cars too .

You gonna roll in our group again? Last year was great!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Yep we are doing it! It sounds like we will have a group of 8-10 cars again, you are welcome to join us. We made a couple extra stops along the way at the cabins. If you have a Lowrance GPS we can send you the route.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Bump

2 weeks out!!!

Are we doing a RDP group?

We got our ticket, and we purchased 4 campspots if anyone needs one.

@TPC are you coming out for this?

Ian I'm down for a group, but honestly I really don't feel like being Robby Gordon the whole time as I'll have my kids with me. We will just be cruising.

RD

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
No worries. I’ll Robby Gordon it and have an extra beer while we wait for you lol.

rickym20

Reaction score
Not sure how it would work but I bought a ticket with extra meals to accommodate 4 but won’t be able to use . If anyone wants to do the leg work you can have the ticket. I did not sign up for the camp spot, was planning to trailer up with my Dad. Pm me if it’s easier. Thanks

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Not sure how it would work but I bought a ticket with extra meals to accommodate 4 but won’t be able to use . If anyone wants to do the leg work you can have the ticket. I did not sign up for the camp spot, was planning to trailer up with my Dad. Pm me if it’s easier. Thanks
You call them and transfer names on the ticket with a signed waiver (new entrant) and all should be good to go

riverroyal

Reaction score
Last time I did this was year 1 I think.
How does it play out? When do I need to be there Saturday morning? Do I sign in at that time? (I’m registered)
How do they line up now?
Is there any food on the run? I will bring stuff also.

Dave, we are going easy and slow if you want to get in line with us. Beer stops and shit.

riverroyal

Reaction score
2DAFCE1B-FB49-4703-8788-6A538C18E097.png
Forget it, found the info. Gonna be a early morning!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Last time I did this was year 1 I think.
How does it play out? When do I need to be there Saturday morning? Do I sign in at that time? (I’m registered)
How do they line up now?
Is there any food on the run? I will bring stuff also.

Dave, we are going easy and slow if you want to get in line with us. Beer stops and shit.

I just got my waiver email today. If you and your passengers dont sign it and email it back, you must bring it when you pick up your packet, and that will probably take a little longer. They will fully prep your packet if you send them the waiver ahead of time.

Schedule is here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/arizon...erce-2019-desert-bash-off-tickets-66482943273

You get there in the morning to line up, the poker run starts at 8. The further up you are in line, the further up in the pack you start, so getting there early helps. You can sign in and pick up your packet on Friday, or Sat morning between 6:30 and 8:15.

There is food on the run at every stop. I would bring some snacks and drinks, but if you didn't you would survive. I don't know what they will have this year, but last year there was plenty of food.

I don't think any of us plan on racing through the thing, but some of us will be going at more than a leisurely pace between drink stops and card stops. If we get a solid group together, we can all be on the same radio channel, and wait for the group, or help out if someone has a problem.

riverroyal

Reaction score
We won’t arrive until late Friday night. Check in will be Saturday morning for us. I will probably go over real early, let the mrs drive over in the truck about 730

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
We won’t arrive until late Friday night. Check in will be Saturday morning for us. I will probably go over real early, let the mrs drive over in the truck about 730

Same here.. If you get there early Sat, there is plenty of time to get your packet and attend the 2nd drivers meeting.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We got our ticket, and we purchased 4 campspots if anyone needs one.

@TPC are you coming out for this?

Ian I'm down for a group, but honestly I really don't feel like being Robby Gordon the whole time as I'll have my kids with me. We will just be cruising.

RD
I don’t have a ticket nor campsite.