WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

College Football 2019 starts.....

Hammer

Reaction score
USC offense looked bland. They did not try and push the ball down field after the run was getting stuffed in the second half. I wish the true freshman would have scrambled and used his legs a bit more. Second game in college, can’t really blame him. He looks pretty calm out there though. It’s possible the playbook is shortened due to him Being so fresh. What is up with Carr the RB? He was really good two seasons ago.

The QB from BYU won that game. SC’s defense couldn’t keep him in the pocket when the secondary held their own.

Helton needs to go. He will lose the next three games unfortunately.

They need a big name head coach. I doubt the new President will help the football program flourish though.

Hurns at a Oklahoma is going to win the heisman.

How about Herm Edwards and ASU!!! Always been a fan of him!!

Kentucky blew a win against Florida [emoji1532]

Love me some college football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joker

Reaction score
USC offense looked bland. They did not try and push the ball down field after the run was getting stuffed in the second half. I wish the true freshman would have scrambled and used his legs a bit more. Second game in college, can’t really blame him. He looks pretty calm out there though. It’s possible the playbook is shortened due to him Being so fresh. What is up with Carr the RB? He was really good two seasons ago.

The QB from BYU won that game. SC’s defense couldn’t keep him in the pocket when the secondary held their own.

Helton needs to go. He will lose the next three games unfortunately.

They need a big name head coach. I doubt the new President will help the football program flourish though.

Hurns at a Oklahoma is going to win the heisman.

How about Herm Edwards and ASU!!! Always been a fan of him!!

Kentucky blew a win against Florida [emoji1532]

Love me some college football.

To have Urban Myer go on Mic and state ASU is a great place to build a football team tells me he's not going to SC.

playdeep

Reaction score
To have Urban Myer go on Mic and state ASU is a great place to build a football team tells me he's not going to SC.
Bet'cha $10.00 Meyer is the next SC head coach.They need a home run hire...
Who else is out there?
Meyer will go in kick ass in the PAC12 for 3/4 years...then leave due to health issues(ie.controversy)it's his MO.

How can anyone not root for Herm Edwards...guys a class act.
Notre Dame is gonna get housed at Georgia next week.
...same with Michigan at Wisconsin me thinks.
Some good games coming up next week that should weed out a couple teams from playoff contention.

Love college football.

Hammer

Reaction score
Who else is out there?
Meyer will go in kick ass in the PAC12 for 3/4 years...then leave due to health issues(ie.controversy)it's his MO.

Some good games coming up next week that should weed out a couple teams from playoff contention.

Love college football.

Urban Meyers spread RPO offense won’t work well in the PAC-12 I don’t think. I think it will be hard for him (near impossible) to pull Midwest talent out to SC and away from the OSU,Texas,Oklahoma, Alabama, Clemson, (SEC/Big 10) etc.. The high school philosophy on the west coast is more pro style than what they run in the Midwest. Different type of talent. I don’t see Urban Meyer running a pro style offense at SC in order to utilize the local talent that will go to SC.

I like the idea(hate urban Meyer. Ever since his days at OSU, I.E. Terrell Pryor getting away with violations).

I don’t think graham harrell is the long term solution either....

HBCraig

Reaction score
Urban Meyers spread RPO offense won’t work well in the PAC-12 I don’t think. I think it will be hard for him (near impossible) to pull Midwest talent out to SC and away from the OSU,Texas,Oklahoma, Alabama, Clemson, (SEC/Big 10) etc.. The high school philosophy on the west coast is more pro style than what they run in the Midwest. Different type of talent. I don’t see Urban Meyer running a pro style offense at SC in order to utilize the local talent that will go to SC.

I like the idea(hate urban Meyer. Ever since his days at OSU, I.E. Terrell Pryor getting away with violations).

I don’t think graham harrell is the long term solution either....

Ole Urb will win wherever he goes. USC will have to pay for him though. They have notoriously not paid coaches well.

Personally, I hope Helton stays a while. ;)

sirbob

Reaction score
Ole Urb will win wherever he goes. USC will have to pay for him though. They have notoriously not paid coaches well.
Personally, I hope Helton stays a while. ;)

Who else is out there?
Love college football.

There is no way the new woman that is President at USC would hire Urban... NO WAY. IMHO

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Slovis goes out early with an injury.....rut rohhh....or not....Fink comes in with a bang...lol...thought the game started at 7...doh....Trojans up....we got a game peeps...:D

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Good first half......both teams playing hard...plenty of penalties....lol

HBCraig

Reaction score
Its hard to understand the announcers. They are pathetic USC honks. Just call the game nut swingers

sirbob

Reaction score
Never say never...?
All I know is USC needs a home run hire if Helton gets axed.
Name a feasible candidate to bring them back to National prominence...?

The new woman Pres will not hire a coach that hid the fact that his asst coach was a wife beater and then was fired from Ohio st but allowed to finish the season and go away.

I wouldn’t expect her to care if the football team does good - she won’t rank a high powered coach as being important

playdeep

Reaction score
Utah just a tad overrated me thinks....still a good team. Not to take credit away from SC....they played well. Fink....who woulda thunk? :D SC could be the spoilers this year....time to bitch slap Udub and expose ND. :D

Pretty sure Georgia's gonna do that to ND tomorrow.(this coming from a ND fan).
PAC12 teams will end up beating each other up&not get a team in the playoffs...again.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Pretty sure Georgia's gonna do that to ND tomorrow.(this coming from a ND fan).
PAC12 teams will end up beating each other up&not get a team in the playoffs...again.
I agree.....Georgia gonna drop some bulldog balls on their chin...:D No slithering through the season and getting exposed at the end for ND this year....:D

Joker

Reaction score
Did anyone at SC realize they had 3 good quarterbacks? Congrats on the win.

sirbob

Reaction score
Did anyone at SC realize they had 3 good quarterbacks? Congrats on the win.

They had 4 - Fink wasn’t even listed on the QB depth chart when the season started - he only moved back to the QB spot after Sears opted for the portal after not being named starter or number two. Fink has been in the program since Darnold was there.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
I think I'm liking Fink's style...moreso than Slovis.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I think I'm liking Fink's style...moreso than Slovis.
Fink is a lot older and been in the system much longer - I think Slovis will mature nicely and be pretty good over time.

I think they are pretty similar but Fink is more mature right now.
Yeah, I think Fink should be the starter and allow Slovis more time to mature. I think Fink's maturity and ability to bounce back after mistakes is much better than Slovis and was shown last night.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

sirbob

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Fink should be the starter and allow Slovis more time to mature. I think Fink's maturity and ability to bounce back after mistakes is much better than Slovis and was shown last night.

Yes - this should be Finks last year anyway...

playdeep

Reaction score
Nit many things better in life than watching Harbaugh get throttled

No shit...arrogant phucker hasn't done squat as a college coach.
...that was a first class ass~hander

Hammer

Reaction score

Yes - this should be Finks last year anyway...

I think Slovis can redshirt still? Give Fink the keys the rest of the year.

As much as I want SC to win.... I want Helton to be releaved of his duties. As long as he is in charge they will be average at best. Elite talent won’t flock to Helton...

I just don’t know who the best replacement would be.

The air raid just doesn’t feel like SC either. They used to be tailback U.

Whatever it takes to be a playoff contender is what I’d like to see...

Last edited:

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Buh bye ND...:D

Wtf got into UCLA?....still going at it....Wazoo just taking the lead late in the game...60+ points for each....wth??? :D

KevinR

Reaction score
Wazoo QB throws 9 TDS and the team loses?!?!

Great spirit and fight Bruins. I guess they really were happy their AD announced his retirement !

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Buh bye ND...:D

Wtf got into UCLA?....still going at it....Wazoo just taking the lead late in the game...60+ points for each....wth??? :D

I fell asleep early to this game. Woke up on the couch, game still on and never even looked at the score before turning it off and going to bed. Was a surprise this morning when checking scores.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I fell asleep early to this game. Woke up on the couch, game still on and never even looked at the score before turning it off and going to bed. Was a surprise this morning when checking scores.

How can the defensive coordinator not get fired on either team?

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
SC jumps back to 21.....time to bump off Udub and ND and keep climbing....:D

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
You still have Notre Dame to look forward to. Lol
Lol....didnt even watch the game or catch any highlights...I can only imagine. :rolleyes: Didnt think UW would be too much for us. Can still take the South and get a rematch...:D

HBCraig

Reaction score
Lol....didnt even watch the game or catch any highlights...I can only imagine. :rolleyes: Didnt think UW would be too much for us. Can still take the South and get a rematch...:D
Whats the future for Helton look like for you guys?

KevinR

Reaction score
He will be out. The incoming AD will make their hire to start their tenure. Basic business in big time NCAA athletic departments.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Whats the future for Helton look like for you guys?
Imma venture to say if he can't salvage the season and pull off the P12 South ...he gone
Shit....if he blows it vs ND....it may be sooner than we think. :D

KevinR

Reaction score
Hooter I doubt the new SC Prez would dump Helton mid season. Not a good look at all. She has already dumped Swann and made her overall intentions known.

That being said, if Helton and the boys win the Pac 12 it MAY keep him around, but that’s an awful huge IF.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Big upset ouch......Georgia is hoping LSU picks off Florida tonight or they may have to do it themselves to take the East and keep a shot at a run for the playoffs......who'da thunk? Oooops

Speaking of upsets....let's see if the damn Trojans can play spoiler and knock ND off the tracks today....almost kick off time.....Fight on!!!

Andy B.

Reaction score
Great second half USC came on ND squeaked it out which makes me happy hopefully they'll run the table and get a shot. USC could have easily won that game that running back is a beast!

CoronaChris

Reaction score
IMG_6487.JPG
IMG_6485.JPG
IMG_6480.JPG
IMG_6479.JPG
IMG_6472.JPG
IMG_6468.JPG
IMG_6464.JPG
IMG_6461.JPG
IMG_6455.JPG
IMG_6459.JPG