WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Today was the day........

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
The possibility exists, certainly on really rough and windy days. Just have to be careful. Everyone that has one of these smaller decks seems to be pretty pleased overall, even on Havasu. These smaller tunnel hulls ride well.
That was the general consensus of everyone I talked to yesterday. They were all extremely happy with the ride. Tunnel makes a huge difference and we should be able to pack good air with the OB.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That was the general consensus of everyone I talked to yesterday. They were all extremely happy with the ride. Tunnel makes a huge difference and we should be able to pack good air with the OB.

Did you catch a ride in one? They handle like a car. No tippy feeling, no real lean. They just skip over light chop. I’ve not been in one with tabs, that will help even more.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Did you catch a ride in one? They handle like a car. No tippy feeling, no real lean. They just skip over light chop. I’ve not been in one with tabs, that will help even more.
No we didn't get to ride in one. Being at Pirates, it is just too long of an idle out and back in.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I spoke to Shockwave at the boat show last year. They couldn’t get a 400 to go over 65mph. They were working on the set up at the time. It was one they had on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attitude

Reaction score
I spoke to Shockwave at the boat show last year. They couldn’t get a 400 to go over 65mph. They were working on the set up at the time. It was one they had on the floor.

Tahiti had one running 78 with a verado 350, a 400 should run low to mid 80s all day

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

I had that same talk. I would love to hear if they ever got it dialed in. Joe thats a question i would be asking.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

It is dialed in now. Talked to quite a few people and everyone said, he was in such a hurry to take delivery, Bob never had a chance to test it and dial it in.

I already told Bob that they can take their time and get it set up right.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Very cool though. I think an outboard on this boat is the perfect setup. Great for the family.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Tahiti had one running 78 with a verado 350, a 400 should run low to mid 80s all day
The Tahiti with the 400 is running mid 80's.
I had that same talk. I would love to hear if they ever got it dialed in. Joe thats a question i would be asking.
Don't worry, we have done our due diligence. I have a pretty good size circle of people that I have consulted with about this build.

CobraDave

Reaction score
The Tahiti with the 400 is running mid 80's. Don't worry, we have done our due diligence. I have a pretty good size circle of people that I have consulted with about this build.

What was the price difference from a Merc 6.2?

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Dunno. I think that boat will be pretty bad ass.
Just a warning: deck boats seem to suck up a lot of stuff - life jackets, chairs, ez ups, anchors, speakers, subs...
At 75, a breakfast run down to the Springs won t take long

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
You selling the boat worked out perfect for me. It gave me a place to park my boat

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
He’s just keeping it for me until I secure a storage space.

I played hell getting storage! I was lucky enough to have 2 RDP members help me 2 winters in a row (OSB was last year). I finally scored a great unit late last winter. I was on every waiting list in town when I finally got the one I ended up with.

Singleton

Reaction score
I played hell getting storage! I was lucky enough to have 2 RDP members help me 2 winters in a row (OSB was last year). I finally scored a great unit late last winter. I was on every waiting list in town when I finally got the one I ended up with.

Easier to purchase then rent.
When my rental (up by Lowes), hit 245 a month (started at 180 in 2007, dropped to 150, then started going up 25 each year). I said F it and purchased. Best decision I made.

Reactions: DWC

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
Todd is a great guy and they are a great builder. We were very impressed with their boat and the pricing.

This statement leaves me with wanting to know more.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
When my rental (up by Lowes), hit 245 a month (started at 180 in 2007, dropped to 150, then started going up 25 each year). I said F it and purchased. Best decision I made.

I’m hoping to purchase in my current location soon! It works VERY well for my selected mechanics down there.

DWC

Reaction score
Where are you at?

Singleton

Reaction score
Where are you at?

I purchased at Empire Storage Condos (I think that is the same). Behind the old Walmart location.
40k for a 45’ unit. Has full baths and showers (very clean). RV dump and fresh water ever few units. I have a hose bib right next to my unit.

Reactions: DWC