WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Building an RV garage in Havasu

MeCasa16

Reaction score
So I looked at a small 2 bedroom house for sale that has a large corner lot. I had a builder go buy to see what would be feasible. He said I could put up a 60’x22’ garage. I also asked to have a small day room with patio slider and 3/4 bathroom built off the side. This would give me the ability to use it as a 3rd bedroom if I had guests over. What do you think this should cost? Total cost and/or square foot cost? I want to see if the estimate is reasonable or high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TCHB

Reaction score
I would call Jeff for a honest estimate. 928 486 0773.

sirbob

Reaction score
I’ll spare the suspense. $250k for the garage. $75k for the day room and bathroom. $325k total. FOR JUST A F*CKING GARAGE.

In coastal OC - not Havasu:eek::eek:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
That sounds pretty out rages to me I have a friend who’s over 200 K but his garage is about twice the size. Be careful on that corner lot the setbacks are different and different corners have different setbacks make damn sure before you buy the house that you can do what you’re planning on doing. A Corner lot with a reverse setback are a whole different animal if your guy is not familiar with them you may not have as much buildable space as you think. A few years ago $60 a square foot was a fairly decent number. But I’m sure everything’s gone up and a lot of people are busy. Good luck with your project

DLC

Reaction score
Wow that is flipping crazy!

Probably way more than the modest home and land!

Times are good for building contractors

MeCasa16

Reaction score
It’s a perfectly flat lot and we measured all the setbacks to make sure a garage that’s 60’x22’x14’ would fit. It’s not actually a casita, just a room we could use as a changing room and bathroom for the pool. We also wanted to put a futon or Murphy bed in there to be able to use as a spare bedroom on occasion.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I’ll spare the suspense. $250k for the garage. $75k for the day room and bathroom. $325k total. FOR JUST A F*CKING GARAGE.

Hahahaha.......no freaking way $325k total.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

NHRAFAN

Reaction score
So I looked at a small 2 bedroom house for sale that has a large corner lot. I had a builder go buy to see what would be feasible. He said I could put up a 60’x22’ garage. I also asked to have a small day room with patio slider and 3/4 bathroom built off the side. This would give me the ability to use it as a 3rd bedroom if I had guests over. What do you think this should cost? Total cost and/or square foot cost? I want to see if the estimate is reasonable or high.

Just had a quote for a basic 22x40 attached, $100k

DLC

Reaction score
I can help you out and do it for $299,000.00 with a wet bar!

LOL

That is just crazy!

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Get plans then call Joe Mitchell he just did my garage. Super happy with him. I have a build thread in remodel

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Get plans then call Joe Mitchell he just did my garage. Super happy with him. I have a build thread in remodel

Your house and garage are truly bitchen! How much did it cost for the remodel?

Don't be shy, post it up! :)

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
80.00 per square foot will be an estimate for just the garage.
I build several each year in Phoenix.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That come with marble floors or something? Good lord.. lol

I got a couple guys that can build it for you if you want. They are honest, won’t rip you off and will call you back and show up on time etc. let me know and I’ll put you together with them.

Bob Bitchen

Reaction score
The going rate is $115 per foot for living area and $75 for RV garage.
You may want to check with Sabre Construction in LHC, that is their specialty.
They are doing this same RV garage and casita addition to my friends house and it is around $145,000.

Also be careful on the corner lot purchase because of large setbacks on front and street side of the lot. You may not have the buildable area you think.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

you should just buy my house on 398 sabino...spare your self the trauma....getting stuff done in havasu is horrible....but... there are guys there that are fair...of coarse there are always guy that take advantage of situations...maximum should be a buck a foot for all together...what I did on my opossum house was I did the casita like a motel room … the biggest expense is getting the plumbing tree , cheep to add a sink for a kitchenette ...give Richard a call at affordable homes...he does it fast, does it right, and does it for less...
928-230-9091...

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I think the builder doesn't want to build it, complete houses with bigger garages are being built for less than that.:rolleyes:

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Your house and garage are truly bitchen! How much did it cost for the remodel?

Don't be shy, post it up! :)
mine was a little different because I had to cut 5 feet into my house through master bath laundry room master bedroom .

MeCasa16

Reaction score
He must have seen your California plates. ;)

My plates are from Alaska, but the rental I was driving were from Georgia. I have no doubt your point is just as valid though. He gave me a F You price. I'm going to call today for the breakdown.

Your build is amazing, and definitely way more involved than what I had planned. I'll definitely give him a call when I get ready for a quote.

80.00 per square foot will be an estimate for just the garage.
I build several each year in Phoenix.

This is exactly what I had planned in my head to make my budget work. needless to say, I was taken aback.
I think the builder doesn't want to build it, complete houses with bigger garages are being built for less than that.:rolleyes:
I know.. Blows my mind..
here you go...

I have this plan and it could be stretched to 60' easy...

https://www.riverdavesplace.com/for...stimate-guess-what-do-you-think.135463/page-4

Those plans would have worked great. Of course the house I was submitting the offer on went pending while I was getting it together to send over. Just my luck. I'm surprised your house is even still available. My problem is, I'm not totally sure how often we will be able to get to the house, so we will probably AirBnB it. I wouldn't even consider that with a house like yours. If I build a big garage that is separate, I can keep all my stuff isolated.

MeCasa16

Reaction score

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
IMG_0406.jpg
In 2016 we had our 25 x 50 double RV garage built for about 82k, 14' double RV door, engineered construction without wing walls, and included epoxy floor for the entire area.. A bathroom without a shower. Full inside RV hookups. Exterior hook up via capped 4" pvc pipe. Deep sink, water heater and swamp cooler. Of course that 82k does not include the lot. But, it did include Excavation of the lot. Keep change orders to a minimum. We only had 3. They can really jack up the price. This also included a pitched tile roof to match our house. The project started on time and ended ahead of schedule. City permits did take a while. We found when working with the GC it is all about their on site Supt. Ours was good.

Last edited:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Unsolicited insurance tip, those of you with big detached garages, please please please make sure that you have increased the "other structures" coverage to match how much you spent to get the garage built. On multiple occasions, I have seen declarations pages for people with large detached garages that only have 20k in "other structures" coverage.

-Off my soapbox