WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Suggestions: Road-trip Southern Utah

2Driver

Reaction score
Open for tips on any favorite places along the way. Taking the Tundra, pair of hikers and Mt Bike.

ROUTE is to cross the river at Marble Canyon, up through Jacob lake for 2 nights in Kanab - slot canyon hike maybe check out Pink Coral dunes.

After Kanab head to Tropic UT and explore off the beaten paths outside Bryce, Red Canyon, where the tourist don’t go. Then to Boulder UT and take the 71 mile trail down to Bullfrog on Powell. Next day take the ferry across Powell to Halls and head south through the grand gulch area.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Open for tips on any favorite places along the way. Taking the Tundra, pair of hikers and Mt Bike.

ROUTE is to cross the river at Marble Canyon, up through Jacob lake for 2 nights in Kanab - slot canyon hike maybe check out Pink Coral dunes.

After Kanab head to Tropic UT and explore off the beaten paths outside Bryce, Red Canyon, where the tourist don’t go. Then to Boulder UT and take the 71 mile trail down to Bullfrog on Powell. Next day take the ferry across Powell to Halls and head south through the grand gulch area.

From Hall's you will probably go down the Moki Dugway into Mexican Hat, and Monument Valley, Super beautiful area out there.

As you leave Jacob Lake and Head North to Kanab i would make a side trip into Zion and back out, even if you just drive through the tunnels and down into the park, turn around and go back out the way you came.

JD D05

Reaction score

Boulder UT area is awesome try and make that whole drive across highway 12 across Hell's Backbone. I suggest you hike Calf Creek Falls...Also Ferry is closed.

2Driver

Reaction score
Shit really the ferry is not running?

2Driver

Reaction score
I just called...It reopened just this week for the first time all year. It is open Thurs - Sunday.

Ha I just called too. Hate to have to go around to Hite - phew.

We are taking burr trail from boulder to bullfrog. Sounds pretty cool

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

Actually, the drive around the North end of the lake is worth it. There is gas at Hite and all sorts of old mining roads to explore. I think the campground is still open at Hite also.

JD D05

Reaction score

I did that drive this year past Hite and it is incredible. It is 1 hour.

JD D05

Reaction score
This is Calf Creek...
20170903_144816.jpg
20170903_141251.jpg

2Driver

Reaction score
Cool. LOL looks like the secret is out.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Cascade Falls is a beautiful short hike. Water drains from Navajo lake. We use to stay at their cabins and before that we would tent camp.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I was just reading that southern Utah will be closed indefinitely. Just saying..........

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
My advice ~ don’t venture much past the 80 mph speed limit . . . they don’t allow 10 over like California.

Safe travels ✝️

Lucky’s Wife”

phuggit

Reaction score
YouTube Jamal Green. Hes done some bitchen hikes across Utah.