WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Expensive breakfast

guest hs

Reaction score
Man I stopped at the Fiesta in Henderson for breakfast this morning. I ordered biscuits, gravy 3 scrambles eggs a side of bacon and 1 glass of orange juice. $17.86 and then a three dollar tip on top of that. I think this is the most expensive breakfast I have ever had and it wasn't even that good.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
It was probably 3.99 with their players card lol. My MIL lives in Henderson and she has taken us their a few times. Dont ever recall it being that much. And you’re right it’s just ok.

JD D05

Reaction score
To me it is hard to justify a high end breakfast most just aren't worth it. With that said I had a breakfast in New Zealand that was unreal and a place in Salt Lake that does a pretty great brunch.

NicPaus

Reaction score
At my spot it would be $11.99 biscuits and gravy with eggs. $3.50 oj and $3.95 side of bacon. But it is delicious. Other spot I hit Hot n Tot if Monday- Thursday $10.99 with small oj and $3.50 side of bacon. Weekend about the same as orher.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I paid $25 per person once for me and my wife. :eek:

nuckingfuts

Reaction score
Just about any place in Seattle is over $20.00 since the $15.00 an hour min. wage went into effect. I don't if that is the only reason or if everyone raised there prices just for the fuck of it.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
We had champagne brunch on sunday at the Marriott Rampart and it was $13.99 with our players card
Prime rib was great and endless champagne.

rvrrun

Reaction score
At my spot it would be $11.99 biscuits and gravy with eggs. $3.50 oj and $3.95 side of bacon. But it is delicious. Other spot I hit Hot n Tot if Monday- Thursday $10.99 with small oj and $3.50 side of bacon. Weekend about the same as orher.
It is tough to beat the tot.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
One of my favorite restaurants in Havasu billed me $23+ for an omelette I ordered, nothing outrageous but not something directly off the menu. I about shit myself but paid.
Later that day, just for the sake of it, I wrote an email to express how any omelette is not a $20+ value. Didn't ask for anything, just wanted to let them know how I felt leaving the estabshment.
Day later manager writes back, appologizes and offers a free meal next time.
Some time goes by and I decided to go have breakfast there again finally. Did not pull out my freebie offer, never had any intention to do so........but I nearly burst out in laughter when reading the refreshed menu. They added my exact $20+ omlette order(sans eggwhites)......it was now half that price.
LOL, guess what I ordered?:D
It's nice to see that a manager actually took a proactive approach.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
To me it is hard to justify a high end breakfast most just aren't worth it. With that said I had a breakfast in New Zealand that was unreal and a place in Salt Lake that does a pretty great brunch.

The hit and run bake shops in NZ are the best ever.

racektm

Reaction score
Hot-N-Tot, you must be in Lomita!

NicPaus

Reaction score
Hot-N-Tot, you must be in Lomita!
Torrance my spot is Rudy's. But working closer to Hot n Tot which is better price but the service is iffy unless the Asian owner lady working and not as good as Rudy's but still better than anywhere else around.

jetur

Reaction score
The most I ever paid for breakfast was at the Hilton in Maui. It was an all you can eat buffet about 10 yrs ago. I wanna say it was $30 a head.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
The most I ever paid for breakfast was at the Hilton in Maui. It was an all you can eat buffet about 10 yrs ago. I wanna say it was $30 a head.

Kind of like the Plumaria Room at the Kahala. Great setting though to watch the day go by.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Man I stopped at the Fiesta in Henderson for breakfast this morning. I ordered biscuits, gravy 3 scrambles eggs a side of bacon and 1 glass of orange juice. $17.86 and then a three dollar tip on top of that. I think this is the most expensive breakfast I have ever had and it wasn't even that good.

Breakfast in general is usually the worst value in terms of eating out.

You should have headed to Blueberry Hill. That is pretty hard to beat in Henderson/Vegas!

Took my wife out to breakfast when we were dating. 18 years later, that is the most expensive breakfast I have ever had :D

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Breakfast in general is usually the worst value in terms of eating out.

You should have headed to Blueberry Hill. That is pretty hard to beat in Henderson/Vegas!

Is that the same Blue Berry Hill as in Saint Louis?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Ceasars Palace Sunday buffet is in the $45-50 per person range plus they charge extra for seafood and/or champagne.
Crazy money!
Drove out to Sunset Station hotel in Henderson instead. ~$15, with player card $8-9.

robby dmax

Reaction score

They saw a high roller walk in the door..lol

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Dammm ...for breakfast!! Early bird cafe in parker. Get all that for about 6 bucks!

PaPaG

Reaction score
That is weird we used to eat there all the time and never over 20 bucks for two...then again we have never had to pay anything for meals at the Stations or Fiestas just used points and comps.

DLC

Reaction score
Wife and like going out for breakfast
Yesterday we hit up the original pancake house in Carmel Mountain Ranch total bill was $48 plus tip.

Wife will get 3-4 breakfasts out of her leftovers so I don’t think it’s all that bad

Food is good! The Chipotle hollandaise sauce is a fabulous treat and the bacon is really good.

boatnam2

Reaction score

My pops loves the hot and tot.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Breakfast at Black Bear costs the same if not more than dinner ...weird.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
Nothing beats a big bowl of Capt’n Crunch cereal in the morning! Breakfast of champions! Lol