WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

cool weekend (Gold Rush)

nameisbond

Reaction score
Discovery channel has given Dave Turpin a spin off show from Gold Rush. Its called Dave Turpin's Lost Mines.

show info here: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9703198/

My property in central Washington State is 280acres and has an old gold mine. This weekend they filmed an episode there. It was fun watching them film. Spoiled reality TV. "oh shit another fucking airplane overhead take 6"
IMG_9384.JPG
IMG_9379.JPG

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Rumor was they were down this way in the early spring, looking at an old mine a few miles from me. It would be really cool they came this way. We don't get too many exciting things happening around here:)

Buggydave

Reaction score
They have already done one season of that show. He mined a mine in Prescott Valley Az.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Yeah, the show is on its second season. The first season was only six episodes. What they shot this weekend probably won't air until April. My camera bat died, so didn't get many pictures. The lense on my cell is cracked. Waiting for more pics via email.

Dave Turpin is a pretty nice guy.

Dana757

Reaction score
So did they find any?? If so who gets to keep it??

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So did they find any?? If so who gets to keep it??
They filmed for a weekend.........:)
If they keep coming to film then we should ask him what colour his new Bugatti is:cool:

nameisbond

Reaction score
They did find some gold. But just to get permits to mine is around $3million to $4million. I don't think Discovery wants to invest that much.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I watched the 1st season. Cool show. waiting for GOLD RUSH to start up again its new season now.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
They did find some gold. But just to get permits to mine is around $3million to $4million. I don't think Discovery wants to invest that much.
Are the permits that much due to location, or does it also depend on the size of the operation?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I watched last season.
Really tried to get into it but it left me a little flat...It’s a lot of Turin!
Will DVR it and try again.

buck35

Reaction score

That's the old Lovett mine correct?

nameisbond

Reaction score
Are the permits that much due to location, or does it also depend on the size of the operation?

Its location Washington State is crazy liberal. The permitting process would also take about two years of red tape. There is some federal stuff too. Another reason its not feasible for Discovery to do more. They knew that going in.

That's the old Lovett mine correct?

Yes, it is...………

The picture of the old guy being filmed panning is the last miner from the mine alive from when it was mined.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The area is actually a desert. In summer lots of rattlesnakes.
Probably fairly comparable to here. We are considered high desert, mostly grass land. I like it, can see people a ways off, and the skies are clear at night;)

nameisbond

Reaction score
Dave is a nice guy. They had a crew of guys behind the camera to do work. Dave helped them off camera and kept working. He's an old school dude. The cameraman I have pictured above was a Brit and worked with Bear Grylls on his show. Said he lost 46lbs in 4 weeks of filming. I meant to ask his rates. I did ask the guy who operated the drone. Drone guy was getting $500 per day, plus meals, hotel and airfare to get there. It was a crew of 14 or so.

Its kind of too bad, they can't wait the two to three years for permits. Plus afford the permitting costs to film more there. Or better yet, the town lets us build a tunnel under it. The mine next door closed in the 1990's. Their vein ran under the city, they did test drilling under the town. But the city wouldn't let them go under the town. The whole area is very rich in gold, even most locals have no idea. The neighboring mine mined in ten years about $1.4 billion in gold there in todays dollars. Oh, the other problem is the gold there is micron gold. So small you can't see it without a microscope. Combine it and its worth mining, but you can't see the gold on camera. They want nuggets that are rare in the area.

buck35

Reaction score
A friend of ours was the mine geologist for Asmera in town and gave me an incredible tour through a part of it one day. It was quite impressive.:cool:

nameisbond

Reaction score
A friend of ours was the mine geologist for Asmera in town and gave me an incredible tour through a part of it one day. It was quite impressive.:cool:

An Asamara geologist told me they drilled near the high school and found a major deposit there. But the gold there is mostly micron gold and not visible to the naked eye. For TV they want to see gold nuggets. Asamera wanted to tunnel from their mine 500ft under the high school, but the city wouldn't let them. Since its all micron gold near the high school and hospital, they have no idea they are on a gold deposit. With the hospital expansion, all the dirt they've removed contained a lot of gold that nobody saw!

I'm surprised the show doesn't have a geologist that looks over the mines before they film. Dave Turin and his guys kind of wing it---in that regard its not realistic to find a mine to "re-open". Asamera did test drilling on our property in the 1990's. We have all the maps and data from that (assay results). I'll spoil the show a little. The area they "mined" for the show was near the mine entrance, to save time and work hauling out the material. That area was never tested for gold. From our maps they could have at least gone to a high grade area. The area they tested, I was surprised they actually found some visible gold.

Without a geologist and doing test drilling with assay's, doubt they'll find a mine to re-open successfully!!!!!!

Last edited:

nameisbond

Reaction score
I watched last season.
Really tried to get into it but it left me a little flat...It’s a lot of Turin!
Will DVR it and try again.

I watched a few episodes online and found the same thing...…………..

nameisbond

Reaction score
Got a few more pictures...…….. It rained on Sunday and I got my truck stuck on the mine road.
IMG_20190810_174012.jpg
IMG_20190914_145542.jpg
IMG_20190914_145608.jpg