LHC Site 5 boat accident

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Let’s hope all are okay .. reported about 10:11pm
7D356DD3-E51C-4B6C-9EE7-12C337E96AA6.png

Taboma

Reaction score
There certainly is an underwater obstruction at Site 5, that extends out beyond the point that forms Site 5.
Here's two pics, one taken in January with low water level which clearly exposes the rocky outcropping. The bottom photo from June with a higher lake level, where only the rocks at the very end are exposed.
That's about the only underwater obstruction at Site 5.

Site 5  .jpg

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
That’s crazy close to shore to crash for a night run...

I hope the best for those involved

SnoC653

Reaction score
unless they encountered one of those floating chain anchors
There certainly is an underwater obstruction at Site 5, that extends out beyond the point that forms Site 5.
Here's two pics, one taken in January with low water level which clearly exposes the rocky outcropping. The bottom photo from June with a higher lake level, where only the rocks at the very end are exposed.
That's about the only underwater obstruction at Site 5.

View attachment 799087

Taboma

Reaction score
unless they encountered one of those floating chain anchors

Haven't read of any of those found on Havasu, thought that was just the strip ?

I haven't a clue what they hit or didn't hit, but I've certainly witnessed folks running to fast and to close to the shoreline at night.
With so many injured it would seem they weren't idling.
Watching boats run at night on Havasu is why I don't and haven't for many years.
It's amazing, well more like scary as shit, how many have defective lights, or reversed green and red, or no stern light, docking lights on, or simply no lights on at all.
One thing for sure, despite it being illegal, the Toons with the blue led surrounds can certainly be seen.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Haven't read of any of those found on Havasu, thought that was just the strip ?

I haven't a clue what they hit or didn't hit, but I've certainly witnessed folks running to fast and to close to the shoreline at night.
With so many injured it would seem they weren't idling.
Watching boats run at night on Havasu is why I don't and haven't for many years.
It's amazing, well more like scary as shit, how many have defective lights, or reversed green and red, or no stern light, docking lights on, or simply no lights on at all.
One thing for sure, despite it being illegal, the Toons with the blue led surrounds can certainly be seen.
Amazing how many drive around illegally with their docking lights on. Hard as fuck to see anything if they're coming toward you.

PlanB

Reaction score
They probably didn’t know they were close to shore

They are fucking idiots if that is the case. There is a navigation aid right near Site 5. Even with GPS and tracks, I stay well away from the navigation aids at night.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Can you post the article for people without facebook?
BOAT CRASH- LAKE HAVASU CITY

On Monday (9/16) at approximately 10:10 PM, several 911 calls were placed about a boat crash near Site 5 on Lake Havasu. Deputies from the Mohave County Sheriff's Office Division of Boating Safety, along with Officers from the Lake Havasu City Police Department, The Lake Havasu City Fire Department, River Medical Ambulances, and a Trooper from the Arizona Department of Public Safety, responded to the scene. Upon arrival, it was determined that a 2008 Cobra 26 foot boat with 8 people on board, was traveling south east on Lake Havasu, approaching Site 5, when it struck a properly marked under water peninsula that protrudes off of the Arizona Shore Line. The collision caused several subjects to be ejected into the water, however all 8 subjects were able to make it to shore. A male and a female suffered significant injuries, and were transported to a local hospital in stable condition. The operator, identified as Levi Brown, 33 of Murrieta, CA, was arrested on scene for two counts of Operating Under the Influence, Reckless Operation of a Watercraft, and 7 counts of Reckless Endangerment. He was booked into the Mohave County Adult Detention Facility without incident. This crash is still under investigation, but alcohol and speed are factors in this incident.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
$1000.00 cash only bond. Ill probably see him tomorrow if he doesn't bail out tonight.

cofooter

Reaction score
I like this comment, what a dumbass....... "Just seen this guy in county dude was crying and crying on the phone dont drink and operate"

Last edited:

outboard_256

Reaction score
how fast do you think he was going that when he hit bottom it ejected several passengers out of the boat? The few times I have been boating past 10 pm it felt like I was going walking speeds.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Probably doesn’t have to be too fast if you hit something solid and come to a dead stop. Probably on plane maybe 15-20 mph??

Do they impound the boats in these situations?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Probably doesn’t have to be too fast if you hit something solid and come to a dead stop. Probably on plane maybe 15-20 mph??

Do they impound the boats in these situations?

One would think..