WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blue fin tuna recipes ? Anyone anyone

Albert

Reaction score
Son went fishing and brought me back around 30-40 lbs anyone have a go to recipe?

GETBOATS

Reaction score
cut the loin in steaks 1 1/2 inch thick, pepper, salt, paprika, olive oil, cast iron skillet on a charcoal bbq as hot as you can get it, olive oil in the skillet, cook it 2 min per side, will be red in the middle, eat it with wasabi, no way anyone would say its tuna.

or cut into 1 1/2 squares, pre cook bacon about half done, wrap the bacon around the squares, hold with large tooth picks, soak in soy sause, cook hot and fast either on the grill or a skillet, bacon will flame up. I've had friends that thought it was chicken.

Albert

Reaction score
cut the loin in steaks 1 1/2 inch thick, pepper, salt, paprika, olive oil, cast iron skillet on a charcoal bbq as hot as you can get it, olive oil in the skillet, cook it 2 min per side, will be red in the middle, eat it with wasabi, no way anyone would say its tuna.

or cut into 1 1/2 squares, pre cook bacon about half done, wrap the bacon around the squares, hold with large tooth picks, soak in soy sause, cook hot and fast either on the grill or a skillet, bacon will flame up. I've had friends that thought it was chicken.

Thanks for the info now I will need 30 packs of bacon :p

Bails

Reaction score
1 1/2 inch square steaks. sesame oil, hot in the pan. roll the meat in sesame seeds. one minute per side. all this equals perfection.

Bear Down

Reaction score
Where is Hot Diggity Dogg When you need him... he was a cool cat for sure and the best Fish Tacos on the lake! Hope he is doing well

hallett21

Reaction score
Sushi!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivergames

Reaction score
Just made poke last night from the tuna I picked up over the weekend

Shop tuna into little cubes. Diced green onion. Chopped avocado. Soy sauce. Poke sauce. Wasabi. Cock sauce.

My chick sent me this IG she posted of it
20190917_114344.jpg

nameisbond

Reaction score
I'm another do sashimi...………… I get take out sashimi at least twice per week. I can't eat even lightly seared tuna now.

500bbc

Reaction score
If you put heat to it you'll be sent to Tuna Hell.
Poke:
1/2 # or so fillet
Cube in 1/2" to 1" cubes
2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
1 TBS chili oil
1 TBS Sesame oil
1 TSP chili flakes
10 or so chopped scallions
1TBS toasted sesame seeds
pinch of salt to taste

Or get some sushi rice, some little hand rolls from Gelson's, some smelt roe, wasabi powder to make your own and light soy sauce, some sake and Japanese beer.
Cut with very sharp knife

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Poke is awesome. Surprisingly easy to make. Sesame oil is the key. A few drips of hot fire oil too if you have it.

Wife made some with a sesame and wasabi crust one time. So good. Mix a little sesame oil, sesame seeds and wasabi paste. Slather it on there and try to make it stick. Fry in pan hot for a couple minutes to make the sesame crust a nice brown. Addictively good, like wasabi almonds.

500bbc

Reaction score
Poke is awesome. Surprisingly easy to make. Sesame oil is the key. A few drips of hot fire oil too if you have it.

Wife made some with a sesame and wasabi crust one time. So good. Mix a little sesame oil, sesame seeds and wasabi paste. Slather it on there and try to make it stick. Fry in pan hot for a couple minutes to make the sesame crust a nice brown. Addictively good, like wasabi almonds.

Drips? HA! Tablespoons, above recipe should have at least two, additional chili flakes to taste from there.:D

Albert

Reaction score
I did the sear on the skillet , damn ! Cant wait to try different ways ! Im gonna try to smoke it and hope I dont make it a ashtray !

Havasteve

Reaction score
I did the sear on the skillet , damn ! Cant wait to try different ways ! Im gonna try to smoke it and hope I dont make it a ashtray !

Rub the outside with non iodine salt for a few hours. Quick rinse. Pat dry. Smoke at 180 with something light like oak.

boatnam2

Reaction score
My little brother just put a 266 pounder over the rail last weekend, I may need a good recipe also.