But it’s going to be triple strength poison shortly. :0

F28899D2-620E-48E1-A005-08BA590CFFC0.jpeg

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Thankfully I haven't seen any that big

Yellowboat

Reaction score
maybe i am the odd man out, but i find them cool. not cool as in i want to keep them cool. just interesting in how nature fills niches.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
That’s small you should see the ones out at White Sands missile base FMe

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
I’ve been tagged lots of times when we lived over by Powell , WD40 never had a problem

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Cy-kick hasnt done shit for my scorpions. I spray and the next morning crickets are running around happy as can be. On a side note... Last month we grabbed dome groceries and a case of water from walmart in parker.. Got to the house..unloading crap. The wife was sitting on the kitchen floor loading the fridge. I came i. And dropped a case of water next to her to toos in also. Went down the hall...walked back in the kitchen and saw a big old bastard scorpion crawling out of the case of water. Smashed that fucker so hard i had to scrape him up. Heads up;):D

Reactions: TPC

2Driver

Reaction score
Cy-kick hasnt done shit for my scorpions. I spray and the next morning crickets are running around happy as can be. On a side note... Last month we grabbed dome groceries and a case of water from walmart in parker.. Got to the house..unloading crap. The wife was sitting on the kitchen floor loading the fridge. I came i. And dropped a case of water next to her to toos in also. Went down the hall...walked back in the kitchen and saw a big old bastard scorpion crawling out of the case of water. Smashed that fucker so hard i had to scrape him up. Heads up;):D

I'm surprised, that stuff so comes highly rated and it produces lots of dead scorpions within 2 days of my spraying. Our Cabanas in Moonridge were terrible. The Parker pest guy said Moonridge was the worst place on the river.

One day I washed down the cabana with cy-kick and I did my neighbors. LOL Next day my neighbor says the scorpions are bad, we found 4 dead ones in the cabana this morning.

Also try Onslaught Fast Cap. I mix CyKick at the higher strength 2 oz per gallon and make a 3’ wide spray swath on walls and ground outside and anywhere else that looks like cracks or crevices . Inside I spray around the baseboard and in closets etc about a 1’ wide floor swath.

Last edited:

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
CAUTION....There was a lady that died from a Scorpion sting a couple of years ago at Havasu... Turned out she was allergic to BEE STINGS, and as it turned out, Scorpion stings as well... Normally painful but not fatal, do everything possible to avoid being stung...If you have "tried everything" to get rid of them and they're still around, get professional help at removing their food source... Don't take chances with your pets either.... Pets are usually stung on their face because they are curious, and try to smell the pests.... Very painful and heavy swelling...
Ray

2Driver

Reaction score
We had 2 people critically sick in Moonridge from bites, one was life flighted to Vegas.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
It's the small ones that are more venomous. Danger Will Robinson!

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I'm surprised, that stuff so comes highly rated and it produces lots of dead scorpions within 2 days of my spraying. Our Cabanas in Moonridge were terrible. The Parker pest guy said Moonridge was the worst place on the river.

One day I washed down the cabana with cy-kick and I did my neighbors. LOL Next day my neighbor says the scorpions are bad, we found 4 dead ones in the cabana this morning.

Also try Onslaught Fast Cap. I mix CyKick at the higher strength 2 oz per gallon and make a 3’ wide spray swath on walls and ground outside and anywhere else that looks like cracks or crevices . Inside I spray around the baseboard and in closets etc about a 1’ wide floor swath.
I think maybe its shelf life has past a bit. Gonna order some more and try.. Im always leary about spraying in the house though...with the kids running around and all.. Although im sure it needs to be done. Found one in the house last trip!:eek::eek::mad::mad:

2Driver

Reaction score
I think maybe its shelf life has past a bit. Gonna order some more and try.. Im always leary about spraying in the house though...with the kids running around and all.. Although im sure it needs to be done. Found one in the house last trip!:eek::eek::mad::mad:
Store it inside where it stays cool not in the garage or hot vacation home.

Good luck

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Put diatomaceous earth all around you stem walls and that will kill them within a couple weeks. They breath through their bellies and it suffocates them.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
I have been struck at 15-16 times by rattle snakes , missed thank god killed all of them but the sand bugs get me all the time , if your on Powell take wd40 no problems

Reactions: DWC

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Scorpions? Fuck no, I'll pay the high taxes in CA.

Taboma

Reaction score
Should you ever decide to get some dirt under those nicely manicured and painted nails, you'll discover there's plenty of Scorpions in California --- high taxes or not.
In fact, most the things that will kill you in Arizona, can be found in California. :eek::eek: :D

4Waters

Reaction score
Got news for you, they are in California, we even find one every once in a while here in Simi. I've found several over the years and when I worked in Agoura on the ambulance we transported a patient that got stung by one. So scorpions and high taxes.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Their are little tiny ones about the size of a grain of sand at EC.
First thing in the morning they cover the bar at the slop chute.
I'll try to remember to get some pix next time I see them.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Kenny shuck out a T shirt the wife bought at the Desert Bar. Yep, a scorpion came out.
The bastards are everywhere.

Cdog

Reaction score
Awesome dogs.....we lost ours last year at 12 years old. My favorite dog ever! Great looking pup!

Thx! Duke is our third. We lost our first (Macy) about 3 years ago now. They are the best dogs. So smart and loyal. He’s already glued to me.

The breeder has like 10 more last I checked. Papered & champion lines. She’s located just NW of Kingman. I’d be happy to pass her info to you.

4B595580-CEFA-44FD-A61E-14C782988174.jpeg

Motor Boater

Reaction score
We had a few at my house so we started using a pest control company. Didn’t help, in fact it got worse. Tried another company with the same result. Finally I broke down and had my house sealed. We did not see one scorpion in the house this summer. We were seeing about 10 a year in the house and now we are seeing 1 every two years maybe.

cofooter

Reaction score
We had a few at my house so we started using a pest control company. Didn’t help, in fact it got worse. Tried another company with the same result. Finally I broke down and had my house sealed. We did not see one scorpion in the house this summer. We were seeing about 10 a year in the house and now we are seeing 1 every two years maybe.
Just leave your aircon off when you are gone, its like the nuclear holocaust in there after a few hot weeks. Nothing can survive. I always find a few scorpion jerky.

Last edited:

Cdog

Reaction score
My wife was telling me one of the parents from the school my kids go to burnt down their house while trying to torch scorpions in the backyard .

Lol!

sirbob

Reaction score
My daughter called me today in a panic - she had one in the bathroom near the tub!

She had to call her boyfriends dad to come get it out of the house.

3FAC3436-1F59-4137-9315-8036F613A420.png
1049642C-EBA2-4DB2-BF7C-4EAA30227E84.png

Here’s the little guy after they got him out of the house.

FC45E765-3703-4B40-BF83-675102FFA6D7.png

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Correct me if Im wrong here, if you treated to kill their food source, i.e. crickets, and whatever else bugs they eat. If you remove/kill them. Wouldnt they look elsewhere for food??

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Should you ever decide to get some dirt under those nicely manicured and painted nails, you'll discover there's plenty of Scorpions in California --- high taxes or not.
In fact, most the things that will kill you in Arizona, can be found in California. :eek::eek: :D
Um, I've dug humungous holes in probably over 4000 yards in CA and I've seen exactly ZERO scorpions in my life.

Taboma

Reaction score
Um, I've dug humungous holes in probably over 4000 yards in CA and I've seen exactly ZERO scorpions in my life.

You've dug or had dug ? ;) :D I'm joking, I do recall you mentioning a time long ago when you wielded a mighty shovel.

My north county San Diego neighbor and I were discussing this same phenomenon the other day. He was telling me how this week he'd found three in this garage and I replied how I'd just found one as well in my garage.
What we both agreed on however, was how despite us two old timers working regularly and for the past 30 years in our respective yards and small family orchards, neither of us has ever encountered one in the wild. Rattlers galore, but not a single scorpion, yet I find and kill at least a half dozen a year in my garage and shop. Many close to death thanks to a liberal application of ant spray around the perimeter. So yup, they're around, I'd imagine a lot in the area around Folsom Lake and I know from visiting my sis-in-law, there's a shit-ton of rattlers around Folsom.
In close to 30 years at Havasu, I've encountered maybe two, found one under a rock.
So yes Grads, based on encounters in the wild and if not for finding them in my garage, I'd probably share your conclusion --- but they are there --- somewhere :eek::eek:

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Thx! Duke is our third. We lost our first (Macy) about 3 years ago now. They are the best dogs. So smart and loyal. He’s already glued to me.

The breeder has like 10 more last I checked. Papered & champion lines. She’s located just NW of Kingman. I’d be happy to pass her info to you.

View attachment 799500
Would appreciate you passing along her info...thanks.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Kind of a fun thing we all do at Echo Lodge at night is the golf cart scorpion run with black lights, kids love it. Most I have seen in about an hour was 20.

500bbc

Reaction score
Kind of a fun thing we all do at Echo Lodge at night is the golf cart scorpion run with black lights, kids love it. Most I have seen in about an hour was 20.
Have the kids look for Geckos at the same time. They come out more when it's humid, We've caught them on the ground but easier to spot on the sides of the houses.

baja-chris

Reaction score
We put our lab through rattlesnake training and a couple months later she alerted on a scorpion in the house. I wonder if she smells the venom? The snake training included both visual and scent.