WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ants!!!! God I hate ants!!!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
What can I do to permanently get rid of these things! My old house I could leave food out for days and nothing! This house two hours and they are eating the cat food! They are even ballsy enough to come out and get food while I am cooking with it. I have sprayed Home Depot bought gallon ant spray around the perimeter of the house. I have sprayed instant kill where I see their trails. I have set up ant nest killer in strategic places. I have sprinkled boric acid around the perimeter of the house. They just keep coming. What can I do to rid of these bastards?

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Amsdrol ( sp) spread it around ants gone

hallett21

Reaction score
What can I do to permanently get rid of these things! My old house I could leave food out for days and nothing! This house two hours and they are eating the cat food! They are even ballsy enough to come out and get food while I am cooking with it. I have sprayed Home Depot bought gallon ant spray around the perimeter of the house. I have sprayed instant kill where I see their trails. I have set up ant nest killer in strategic places. I have sprinkled boric acid around the perimeter of the house. They just keep coming. What can I do to rid of these bastards?

I ended up calling an exterminator. They spread their stuff all around the house. We had to vacate for 2-3 hours. No spiders or ants in 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
Cost was 125-200 I think. Supposedly 6 month guarantee. Well worth it for my arachnophobic wife.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Try Home Defense from Home Depot - I had a construction trailer that was infested, after a couple of applications in and around the trailer they were gone.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I ended up calling an exterminator. They spread their stuff all around the house. We had to vacate for 2-3 hours. No spiders or ants in 3 months.

This is what I am talking about, name and # please

glamis0812

Reaction score
IMG_9008.JPG

You can buy it on amazon this stuff works great.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
"SEVIN" brand powder...Spread it around and the ants leave, take the powder back to the nest and pretty much disappear....Unlike spray poison that leaves a film and dead ants, this powder leaves very little and no dead ants...Worth a try....
Ray

Reactions: C-2

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
Call Don at Major Pest, he’s out of Huntington Beach, ex River guy!
949-233-5937
Tell him I sent you.

PDQH2O

Reaction score
IMG_2260.JPG

I don't know how you "permanently" get rid of ants as they leave behind a pheromone trail, but before doing anything drastic, try Optiguard on Amazon. It's a gel based bait and black ants love the stuff. Just a couple of drops where you see activity. Ants swarm on it take it back to the colony and within 24 hrs, not a trace of ants. It kills the entire nest. Not bad for ~$30. Lasts a long time, too.

Justfishing

Reaction score
If you want a non chemical product Diatomaceous earth. Put a barrier of it around the room. Use a puffer bottle to get it under cabinets or in gaps. If you have carpet put it along the edges and work it so it gets to the subfloor. You can put it in the carpet in the middle of a room or closet and work it down so it gets down to the pad. You can take outlet covers off and use a puffer to get in walls. Use it outside. Lots of ways to apply it.

The purer grades of DE are food grade. It is dusty and can be a nuisance when first applied but it wont hurt you or your pets. DE works by cutting the outer skin of an insect and causing dehydration. It does not affect skin. There is no poison to worry about.

JD D05

Reaction score
Like mentioned above hire a pest control company. We had them everywhere and after the first application they were gone. They were in the duct system. I am honestly surprised how well the pest control stuff works.

hookup66

Reaction score
What 4Waters said. Termador. Order online, it’s for termites but works great for ants. Spray it around the house with a Hudson sprayer, no more ants. They take it back to the hive and it kills em all.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
This

Attachments

• 2477CA5B-44D5-4F14-81DF-1F3F2BB69BD2.png
    2477CA5B-44D5-4F14-81DF-1F3F2BB69BD2.png
    345.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 4E07C0B0-D6D1-4026-82E6-DB765AE5180A.png
    4E07C0B0-D6D1-4026-82E6-DB765AE5180A.png
    387.6 KB · Views: 110

C-2

Reaction score
"SEVIN" brand powder...Spread it around and the ants leave, take the powder back to the nest and pretty much disappear....Unlike spray poison that leaves a film and dead ants, this powder leaves very little and no dead ants...Worth a try....
Ray

Yup.

It's the oldschool "Flea Powder" we used to put on dogs and cats. In fact, I still use it on my cats and chickens. Like MP, I sprinkle a line around windows and doors and it stops all pests from coming, including centipedes! You can buy it Lowes/HD.

redone76

Reaction score
My Mexican wife sprinkles Ajax around. Tells me that’s what her abuela did...I don’t argue cause it seems to work

C-2

Reaction score
Windex/window cleaner also works great on ants, and even flies, but it does not prevent pests from returning.

c_land

Reaction score
Lorsban is the shit. But i think you need a PCA license to get it.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Simple soapy water sprayed on most ants will kill them. We used to only have them in the kitchen, and so it was easy and somewhat satisfying to do. But we have had good luck with many of the previous suggestions for outside the house in the past. DE and Sevin are very easy on the wallet compared to an exterminator.

mobldj

Reaction score
i use some stuff off of doyourownpestcontrol.com havnt seen a ant or spider web in months

BSP14

Curious Nonproducer
Reaction score
What 4Waters said. Termador. Order online, it’s for termites but works great for ants. Spray it around the house with a Hudson sprayer, no more ants. They take it back to the hive and it kills em all.

Definitely Termador, and following the trail to the ant colony seems to be key in hampering their ability to return.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We haven't hardly had any ants for several years but this year they've been relentless little bastards:mad::mad:

4Waters

Reaction score

Definitely Termador, and following the trail to the ant colony seems to be key in hampering their ability to return.

Not even sure you can get it in California anymore, that should tell you something right there, it works.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'll be real honest, we always had an ant problem and I would spray endless chemicals to try and get rid of them. We eventually hired a bi-monthly pest control about 7 years ago and have not seen a single ant since.

EDIT: I will also add that in our backyard before the pest control if a piece a food fell on the deck there would be ants all over it within a couple minutes. Now we have parties and find food/candy all over the deck the next morning with not one ant. :eek: I pay $80 every other month but well worth it.

Last edited:

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Shit works really well, ants, fleas, anything with an exoskeleton.. food grade so no harm to pets. And really cheap.
20190917_215138.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
We had a ant problem here in HB last summer and the Terro Bait took care of those little F’ers in a few months. Haven’t seen an ant this year :D.

I use to live in Murrieta and I’m pretty sure the House was built on top of an ant colony, it got to the point where they were coming onto the kitchen table while you were eating. I tried everything and nothing worked permanently - they would always be back after a few months. I eventually wound up calling an exterminator and they sprayed Termidor. 10 days later I was ant free, and never seen another ant! I had them come out quarterly after that as I never wanted them to come back again.

renodaytona

Reaction score
We have a professional come out once spring hits and spray inside and out, its $150 but don't have any insect issues.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Did anyone mention lemon and water? Put it in a spray bottle and use it around the kitchen and pets bowls. It's definitely not an end all, but add it to your arsenal.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Grants Ants poison around the perimeter of the house every year. Takes a while for them to kick in but if you keep up with it the killing cycle over laps and they work superb.

Forgot this year and Maynard text us they got the potato chips on top the fridge.

00020-12.jpg

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Aerosol Hairspray and a lighter. Have some fun and Light those little bastards up

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Didn’t think too much about this thread until I went out to wash the truck and got bit on the toe by one of these little bastards. Shit hurt and now I hate ants too!! :D It was a black ant too , didn’t even know the little fuckers bite.

Going to have to spray the yards

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Exterminator is coming sat morning. I came home from work today and they were on the sponge...... like fuck!!!

CobraDave

Reaction score
I think the main thing is to be preventative. If you wait till they show you are too late. I spray once every two months starting in March and no ants for the summer. I will spray one more time here shortly then again in March.

I just used Home Depot stuff in a pump sprayer and double the amount of concentration. Haven’t seen an ant all season.

CobraDave

Reaction score
And it was $20 two years ago[emoji106]

rrrr

Reaction score
Did you try the Terro baits?

These work really well for the little black bastards. Snip the top of the plastic poison container, place it next to the trail of ants, and within a day the colony is dead.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
These work really well for the little black bastards. Snip the top of the plastic poison container, place it next to the trail of ants, and within a day the colony is dead.

Yeah, took awhile to get my wife to stop killing the ants coming/going to the bait. Not sure why, but she freaks out about ants more than anything.