WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Big thanks to AJ at Barrett Custom Marine

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I took my boat up for the Lake Powell Challenge last weekend - The poker run was Saturday, and there was a fun run to Rainbow Bridge on Friday.

As I was almost to Rainbow Bridge, I stopped so that we could all jump in the water and cool off for a few minutes. When I started going again, one of my trim tabs was stuck all the way down. The pump would run but I couldn't get the tab to move for some reason. Because of this, I wasn't able to drive over about 25 MPH or the boat would not only lean way over to the side, but it would also send a bunch of water up the transom of my boat and into the bilge. Since I was close to the bridge, we went ahead and went the rest of the way so I could take a closer look at the trim tab at the dock.

As soon as I got out, I could see that the tab was jammed down and the collar that holds the seals for the ram had come apart.

AJ happened to be on the boat docked right behind me at the bridge, and before I knew it he was giving me suggestions on what to do and jumping on my swimstep to help out. He ended up freeing up the tab so that I could pull it into the up position and then we tied it up with a dock line so it was out of the way. He ended up saving my weekend, because it would have been a long slow limp back to Antelope from Rainbow Bridge and I also would have missed doing the poker run. I tried to give him some money, but he wouldn't take it.

Big thank you to AJ, if I ever need service in Havasu, I will be going to Barrett Custom Marine for sure!

Here is a picture of my trim tab after the boat was back on the trailer.

IMG_5323.JPG

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
AJ is a class act for sure! Always had great experiences with him and his team!

Tank

Reaction score
I don't know how much he checks on here. I shot him a photo of the thread and said you were thanking him. He said it was nice meeting you guys and you were good peeps, his pleasure to help out.

Nice to see you were out there boating Greg! Looked like a great trip.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't know how much he checks on here. I shot him a photo of the thread and said you were thanking him. He said it was nice meeting you guys and you were good peeps, his pleasure to help out.

He’s busy working! AJ only comes on here when someone says there’s a problem on here. Lol

Tank

Reaction score
He’s busy working! AJ only comes on here when someone says there’s a problem on here. Lol

He's busy with plans for Taylor and his Scarab CC they just bought! ;):D

In all truthfulness he is always SUPER busy. Always working.

TVMNick

Reaction score
AJ is the man! He has helped me on several occasions!

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score

Thanks Tank,

My boat basically sat for a few years when our kids were really young, and we didnt get on the water than once or twice a year. The last few years we have been getting back on the water more every year which is the goal. My house is less than 30 minutes to Lake Pleasant, 3.5 hours to Havasu, and 4.5 hours to Powell so its easier to get to the lakes compared to SoCal.

Let me know when you are gping to Havasu sometime and I'll try to coordinate a trip

Tank

Reaction score
Thanks Tank,

My boat basically sat for a few years when our kids were really young, and we didnt get on the water than once or twice a year. The last few years we have been getting back on the water more every year which is the goal. My house is less than 30 minutes to Lake Pleasant, 3.5 hours to Havasu, and 4.5 hours to Powell so its easier to get to the lakes compared to SoCal.

Let me know when you are gping to Havasu sometime and I'll try to coordinate a trip
Oh I totally get that. We sold the gun when our kids were little babies. Just couldn’t see letting it sit. But now they’re older and we’re back. Hitting havasu in 3 weeks brotha. Staying up in needles but it’s monster storm weekend. We’ll be down in havasu and up at topic area Friday through Monday! Roll out!

Mike K

Reaction score
AJ knows how to run a business for sure. He really cares about getting the job done right and to treat people right.