WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu to Grand Canyon

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Planning an overnight trip, early Oct, to the Grand Canyon South Rim from LHC. Haven't been there since I was 10 yrs old. Recall it was unbelievable. Plans are to drive over, 3.5 hrs, see the Canyon - tram/tour buses etc, then drive back to Williams to spend the night. Only 2.5 hrs back to LHC from Williams. Any do's or don'ts? Good restaurants or things to do in Williams etc?

2Driver

Reaction score
Id stay up at the canyon and enjoy the evening

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
My cousin and I stayed in the El Tovar Hotel when we were 10 with our grandmother. Grandma really enjoyed road trips. She always drove a new Cadillac, and dressed comfortably in very matronly house dresses when driving. She walked up to the El Tovar desk and asked for 2 rooms. They told her sorry they had absolutely No Vacancy. Grandma then ask them, you mean in this whole damn hotel you have no rooms. Person behind the desk sucked their teeth and informed Grandma that all they had was the Presidential Suite. Grandma said, see I knew you had some rooms. I'll take it!! We spent 3 nights and 4 days in that huge suite, very large private balcony, lots of room service, etc etc. Great Times and good memories.

That was Grandma's budget, not ours. We'll be at a nice motel in Williams for the night.

Last edited:

charred1

Reaction score
If you stay in Williams and want to do a tour, check out Marvelous Marv’s Grand Canyon Tours. He picks you up at your hotel in Williams. He’s been in the business for 40+ years. Tell him Mike and Jenny (his niece) referred you.

I second what 76 Hondo mentioned..Bearizona!

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
IMG_20180927_150439_011.jpg
Take the train
https://www.thetrain.com/

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Grand Canyon railway from Williams is pretty fun. We did a bus tour , had lunch at Bright Angel then caught the train back

HSR

Reaction score
I second taking the train. Pretty cool experience. Cowboys rob you and the whole nine. Not cheap, but worth it.

Shockwave25

Reaction score
If you do the train pay the extra money from the nicer seating. Much more room