WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where Are The CHP????

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I drive the 10 freeway everyday from the 57 to Citrus in Fontana. Everyday to and from work I see single drivers in the carpool lane (and the occasional idiot towing sea-doos), and semis with trailers in the number 2 lane. I’ve never asked this question before but where are the CHP?

Jetboatjosh

Reaction score
I drive the 10 freeway everyday from the 57 to Citrus in Fontana. Everyday to and from work I see single drivers in the carpool lane (and the occasional idiot towing sea-doos), and semis with trailers in the number 2 lane. I’ve never asked this question before but where are the CHP?
I see the same thing going the other way from Riverside Ave to the 57 and I see it all the time.

rrrr

Reaction score

Drive in the carpool lane tomorrow, you'll find out where they are. :D

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I see the same, especially the semi’s and people towing in lane 1 or 2. I’ll never forget many years ago seeing someone towing a boat in the carpool lane heading east on the 210 near Monrovia:confused:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Working OT on Cal Trans details?

Our Dept. is swamped in overtime, DUI enforcement , New Homeless shelter “bridge” (protect the neighborhood from said shelter idiots), MTA rail/ bus gigs

24 year olds easily making $150k with two years on if they grab graveyard shifts and work 3/12’s to have 16 days off a month to work O/T

No one wants to join ,
Ca. Gets the protection it allows.
Hate Cops the last six years. Guess what , no one joins

Easy to grasp

Icky

Reaction score
I found one a few months ago the hard way:D 415 am ish, everyone was driving stupid slow, so I hopped in the carpool lane. Found out why when I past the chp :eek:,
Had I not past him he probably never would've pulled me over for tinted windows.

I've seen motorcycles around 6 or 7am on the 105 west pull over car after car for it. Met their quotas for the month in a few hours probably

scottchbrite

Reaction score

Our Dept. is swamped in overtime, DUI enforcement , New Homeless shelter “bridge” (protect the neighborhood from said shelter idiots), MTA rail/ bus gigs

24 year olds easily making $150k with two years on if they grab graveyard shifts and work 3/12’s to have 16 days off a month to work O/T

No one wants to join ,

Easy to grasp
Ohhhhhhhh you overpaid civil servant!!!! :D
I wouldn’t want your job for triple that. With that said, in the city I work, PD turfs a lot to fire due to lack of resources :mad:

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
There all over the 10 feeeway past the 91

See at least 6 of them a day

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

77charger

Reaction score
They will be there if you attempt it though.LOL

Years ago i got nabbed for towing out of lane bitch was wrong i was in the 2nd one from the right but as the fwy curved she was behind a bit and prob looked like i was in the number 2 lane when i was in 3 she basically said if i dont agree fight it in court and to her it appeared i was in number 2 lane.Such bs and you dont win with them in court.I know better stay in right 2 lanes and under 60.Funny part was she said shes letting me off with a warning for 70mph too.I said wow didnt think my 2500hd with a 6.0 gas with cabover and towing a trailer could break 65 let alone in a so cal fwy at 3:30 pm.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Numbers game. Couple thousand officers vs 26 million licensed drivers.

Super short staffed.

The direct answer to your question for that area (Baldwin Park) is they’re off the freeway writing property damage TC’s all day.

flyingcolors

Reaction score
sure are a bunch of 18 wheelers in the #2 lane on the 210 west in the afternoon between the 57 and 134

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
That's funny, when I would tow my Daytonas/Eagles from NorCal to Eliminator Boats once I hit SoCal I would hit the carpool lane as long as there were two of us. Some of those SoCal freeway lanes are super skinny and I had plenty of room in the carpool lanes and got there a lot faster.:D Is that frowned upon?:p

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
..:There were 10 or so of them laying in wait in Pacoima last night due to the gentleman that died hitting the wall on the 5 freeway exit at Terra Bella

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I think the "Stay in the two right lanes" law changed in regards to commercial vehicles towing trailers. I could really give two shits about moving violations on a freeway so I haven't taken the time to research it... but I can say that over the last year the trucks either don't give a fuck and are rolling non stop in the three right lanes. Knowing a bit about the fines those commercial drivers can get I am assuming that law is no longer. Maybe one of the Traffic Enforcement guys (god bless them) can chime in here.

4Waters

Reaction score
..:There were 10 or so of them laying in wait in Pacoima last night due to the gentleman that died hitting the wall on the 5 freeway exit at Terra Bella
They tagged the wall up that he hit pretty good last night.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
They tagged the wall up that he hit pretty good last night.
...I watched the Lapd...the candle leavers and I guess the tiggers last night...Lapd tried to get them to leave but the LAPD left instead???Dunno???...
...I can’t remember the name of the offramp we got off of last night going south on the five but as we got off and turned left heading towards Laurel Canyon that’s where the 10 CHP cars were staged???...first off ramp south of Terra Bella???...(probably Osborne???)...

Last edited:

lf2

Reaction score
I think the "Stay in the two right lanes" law changed in regards to commercial vehicles towing trailers. I could really give two shits about moving violations on a freeway so I haven't taken the time to research it... but I can say that over the last year the trucks either don't give a fuck and are rolling non stop in the three right lanes. Knowing a bit about the fines those commercial drivers can get I am assuming that law is no longer. Maybe one of the Traffic Enforcement guys (god bless them) can chime in here.

Still says its law on ca dmv website.

303B5FD7-36AA-4442-814A-5D4658826DA5.png

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Most of the time just rolling the dice hoping CHP is busy with other stuff. Law hasn’t changed that I am aware of.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I'll check Into the number 2 lane towing , to pass, any slow idiots who are in my way.
You have the 55 mph Prius yuppie in the fast lane and then you have the 45 mph Prius in the truckers fast lane . Can't win , i am so happy once I reach Banning .

yz450mm

Reaction score
I'd pay money to have some CHP patrolling the major intersections up here in the high desert, the red light runners are completely out of control. If you pull out on your own green light without looking, it's a pretty good chance your gonna get creamed by somebody running their red at 65.

Last edited:

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score

That’s funny because that’s the first thing that kind of came to my mind reading the thread title.

I work for CT and I’ve been scheduling them for a couple different tasks assigned to me for the last couples months or so.
No problem getting four officers everyday 0600-1500.
They love the OT and we love having something besides an orange flashing light to keep things in check.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
That’s funny because that’s the first thing that kind of came to my mind reading the thread title.
I work for CT and I’ve been scheduling them for a couple different tasks assigned to me for the last couples months or so.No problem getting four officers everyday 0600-1500.
They love the OT and we love having something besides an orange flashing light to keep things in check.

I try very hard to give you highway workers respect when it comes to your safety.. "Live highways" with people ignoring the speed reductions, a lane away @ 60-70 mph, has to be nerve racking... That said, nothing pisses me off more than leaving the signs up with no one working within 30 miles... "Fines doubled in construction zones" is bullshit if you're not there... Kinda like a school zone ticket during the summer when the school is closed...
Bottom line, be careful.... You are only as safe as the next drunk coming down the road...
Ray
PS: How can you look away from oncoming traffic long enough to get anything done???

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
No change. Just beaners & towel heads wanting to be infront of the line so they can do 50mph when tradfic starts moving again

i run #2 lane on the 60 from 15-57 both sides. The broken concrete is murder. Im done fixing springs and cracks on my truck because they wont fix the freeways. Ill take the ticket

Mikes56

Reaction score
The general public, news media, and the internet has beat up on the cops for so long that they just don't give a fuck anymore. Now they are getting to see the downside of that.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. The next time you see a cop somewhere, go up to him or her and say thanks for being here. It will go a long way.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
No change. Just beaners & towel heads wanting to be infront of the line so they can do 50mph when tradfic starts moving again

i run #2 lane on the 60 from 15-57 both sides. The broken concrete is murder. Im done fixing springs and cracks on my truck because they wont fix the freeways. Ill take the ticket

I can understand that
I drove a low bed off duty with an 84k lb milling machine for a few years. I can’t stand concrete vs asphalt freeways. I’ll take bouncing asphalt over jolting concrete slabs any day.
Those cozad low beds loose tires constantly from crappy freeways.

dribble

Reaction score

No one wants to join ,

Easy to grasp

I was working a few years back with a dept of Insurance investigator who was a former CHP Officer. He told me that it was the easiest job he ever had.

Mikes56

Reaction score
I was working a few years back with a dept of Insurance investigator who was a former CHP Officer. He told me that it was the easiest job he ever had.

But what other job do you and your family have to wonder I feel you're coming home that night? There's a few, but not many. ALL law enforcement has that concern, daily.

dribble

Reaction score
Actu
But what other job do you and your family have to wonder I feel you're coming home that night? There's a few, but not many. ALL law enforcement has that concern, daily.[/QUOTE
But what other job do you and your family have to wonder I feel you're coming home that night? There's a few, but not many. ALL law enforcement has that concern, daily.
Let me first say that I respect and support law enforcement. I have several close LE friends. However, statistically it’s more dangerous to work as a truck driver, lineman, farmer construction laborer, and several other jobs, than it is to work as a police officer. They rank somewhere between 6 and 14 on the lists of dangerous professions. Additionally, most police on the job deaths are caused by car accidents. The biggest issue the police face today is the constant onslaught of negative press from the media.

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score
As the population grows, the department does not.

That's what I am thinking, too. Not just CHP, but many other offices as well.

All new hires are subject to post-pension reform pensions/retirement/salary, so it's time the State brings on adequate staff to keep up with the increasing population. Otherwise, the services provided with the current staffing levels will continue to suck. DMV is a good example.

As a taxpayer, I will gladly pay for more prisons to be built, and for staff to operate them. I'm tired of our neighborhoods being pilfered by dirtbag's.

4Waters

Reaction score
That's what I am thinking, too. Not just CHP, but many other offices as well.

All new hires are subject to post-pension reform pensions/retirement/salary, so it's time the State brings on adequate staff to keep up with the increasing population. Otherwise, the services provided with the current staffing levels will continue to suck. DMV is a good example.

As a taxpayer, I will gladly pay for more prisons to be built, and for staff to operate them. I'm tired of our neighborhoods being pilfered by dirtbag's.
Throw the illegals out and then we have a better citizen to LEO ratio. It starts with the illegals and the border.

Last edited:

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Throw the illegals out and then we have a better citizen to LEO ratio. It starts with the illegals and the boarder.
I wonder how much crime shutting down the boarder would stop. Not only would it stop the illegals, but a good chunk of the drugs as well.

rrrr

Reaction score
Would luv to see ALL LEO's take a month off in California! ;)

The governor, legislature, mayors, and city councils are working hard to make that a reality. Every month or so, somewhere in the state, LEO are being told not to enforce an expanding number of crimes.

The logical conclusion to this will be a script repeated by 911 operators sometime in the near future:

"I'm sorry, ma'am, the sheriff's office has been directed by the governor to ignore these types of 'incidents', and we cannot act on your request for a deputy to respond your emergency''.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Throw the illegals out and then we have a better citizen to LEO ratio. It starts with the illegals and the boarder.
How do skate boarders have anything to do with it?;):p:D That statement borders on blasphemy :p:D:D:D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The governor, legislature, mayors, and city councils are working hard to make that a reality. Every month or so, somewhere in the state, LEO are being told not to enforce an expanding number of crimes.

The logical conclusion to this will be a script repeated by 911 operators sometime in the near future:

"I'm sorry, ma'am, the sheriff's office has been directed by the governor to ignore these types of 'incidents', and we cannot act on your request for a deputy to respond your emergency''.
Ring, ring.....Hello 911, please hold for the next available dispatcher(mariachi music)