WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tire Review, Hankook Dynapro AT-2

lbhsbz

Reaction score
This thread was not long ago..https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/nitto-tires.204292/

I thought I'd give my initial review after 2 weeks of driving around on these. I originally wanted the AT-Ms, but I fucked up when I sent the text to order the tires, and I'm sorta glad I did. The AT-2s are the "new improved" version, which I typically hate, in favor of old tried and tested versions...but time will tell. According to Hankook, these are an all around considerably better tire. They don't look as aggressive as the BFGs or lots of other AT tires, but that's not important.

@LakeMead Boater hooked me up with a great price at one of his Big O locations. I now have my new "tire guy".

I don't think the truck has ever ridden this smooth. Braking is greatly improved and I don't spin the inside rear when I have to accelerate around the turn hard pulling out of my neighborhood. No noticable tread squirm under braking or cornering. I was activating the ABS a couple times per day with the BFGs, I've not had the ABS activate at all yet with these...they just stick. Extremely quiet as well.

When I first installed the old BFG K02s, I remember I was unhappy with the on road performance because of all the tread squirm. They would also lose traction on any sort of wet/damp surface. They were shit and I was hoping they just needed to "break in", but as time went on, they just got worse.

Taboma

Reaction score
This thread was not long ago..https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/nitto-tires.204292/

I thought I'd give my initial review after 2 weeks of driving around on these. I originally wanted the AT-Ms, but I fucked up when I sent the text to order the tires, and I'm sorta glad I did. The AT-2s are the "new improved" version, which I typically hate, in favor of old tried and tested versions...but time will tell. According to Hankook, these are an all around considerably better tire. They don't look as aggressive as the BFGs or lots of other AT tires, but that's not important.

@LakeMead Boater hooked me up with a great price at one of his Big O locations. I now have my new "tire guy".

I don't think the truck has ever ridden this smooth. Braking is greatly improved and I don't spin the inside rear when I have to accelerate around the turn hard pulling out of my neighborhood. No noticable tread squirm under braking or cornering. I was activating the ABS a couple times per day with the BFGs, I've not had the ABS activate at all yet with these...they just stick. Extremely quiet as well.

When I first installed the old BFG K02s, I remember I was unhappy with the on road performance because of all the tread squirm. They would also lose traction on any sort of wet/damp surface. They were shit and I was hoping they just needed to "break in", but as time went on, they just got worse.

"I was activating the ABS a couple times per day with the BFGs" --- Damn, in a hurry much :eek:

I've had my Raptor for two years running the BFGs and can't recall ever activating the ABS, or spinning a tire that wasn't done intentionally, dry or rain.
Ya got a 10-71 blower motor in that puppy ? :rolleyes: :D

lbhsbz

Reaction score
"I was activating the ABS a couple times per day with the BFGs" --- Damn, in a hurry much :eek:

I've had my Raptor for two years running the BFGs and can't recall ever activating the ABS, or spinning a tire that wasn't done intentionally, dry or rain.
Ya got a 10-71 blower motor in that puppy ? :rolleyes: :D

Nope...never. I can't afford the fuel it would take to hurry in this truck. The shit roads that I drive on between my office and my house have some "features" in certain braking zones that should you have any brake applied at all whilst rolling over, the ABS activates.

Taboma

Reaction score
Nope...never. I can't afford the fuel it would take to hurry in this truck. The shit roads that I drive on between my office and my house have some "features" in certain braking zones that should you have any brake applied at all whilst rolling over, the ABS activates.

You drivin a newer aluminum body Ford ? They're pretty light in the ass-end for sure. Great testament if those Hancooks are providing such an improvement.
There's a steep off-camber turn in my area that was always spinning the inside tire on my 12' Ford Platinum, wet or dry, hasn't been a problem for the Raptor with the BFG's.
But because those Raptor BFGs are a unique "C" rating, they only require 36 lbs. Wet or dry, braking or acceleration, I've been impressed. Those Pirelli Scorpions ATs on my Platinum were shit, could't drive in the rain unless I was in AWD mode. :mad:

endobear

Reaction score
I run the AT-M on my work van.
Time for a new set before the snow flys
I'm going to give the AT-2 a shot. Thanks for the review.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score

Thank you for the business! Really appreciate it! And I’m glad the “fuck up” worked out well.

I know I owe you a phone call, been buried in a project for the last 3 days.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
My new to me '18 f-150 came with the ATm's....wish they'd have given me the pin?
15689366252215095786970063757462.jpg

I'm happy as a clam with em...

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Thank you for the business! Really appreciate it! And I’m glad the “fuck up” worked out well.

I know I owe you a phone call, been buried in a project for the last 3 days.

Nice when that happens! Call him back dick :D