WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Censored for a buck

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
how about when your in the high desert or Big Bear on a dark night checking out the million stars as far as your eyes can see....
you actually believe that "Earth" has the most intelligent beings in this universe......

Ok.... pass me what your smoking....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
how about when your in the high desert or Big Bear on a dark night checking out the million stars as far as your eyes can see....
you actually believe that "Earth" has the most intelligent beings in this universe......

I was born and raise in the San Gabriel Valley. The river used to be where I saw the sky. Now, I step outside and can see stars like they talk about in the movies. Each star is like our sun. Most have planets orbiting...That's a whole lot of dirt. To assume that every one of those stars is surrounded by empty rocks just make no sense. Some people only believe what they have been taught, and don't think anything else is possible.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
When I was a contractor in Pasadena, I worked for about 6 different people that worked or still work for JPL. I ask them if the were others out there. 2 said yes , the others would not talk about it.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
When I was a contractor in Pasadena, I worked for about 6 different people that worked or still work for JPL. I ask them if the were others out there. 2 said yes , the others would not talk about it.
JPL is a place that impresses me and scares me. Some stories of how much is in the mountain are kind of cool.

I remember driving to a jobsite when the fire came across the hills there. It seemed JPL's fire department was really good. The fire burned to their fence line, and around it. It was a green square visible from the 210.

Same fire exposed a closed missile silo up west fork in the San Gabriel canyon area. Not a few months later it was leveled. I assume with explosives, because getting a dozer up there would have been a feat. Probably didn't fill it in, make someone a hell of a doomsday bunker;)

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I
JPL is a place that impresses me and scares me. Some stories of how much is in the mountain are kind of cool.

I remember driving to a jobsite when the fire came across the hills there. It seemed JPL's fire department was really good. The fire burned to their fence line, and around it. It was a green square visible from the 210.

Same fire exposed a closed missile silo up west fork in the San Gabriel canyon area. Not a few months later it was leveled. I assume with explosives, because getting a dozer up there would have been a feat. Probably didn't fill it in, make someone a hell of a doomsday bunker;)
I grew up in Altadena , dad and I were in the back yard one night and heard a big bang. Looked up at Mt. Wilson and saw 6 lights in the sky going all different directions.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

And keep up in mind the stars you see are just in our galaxy. The Milky Way.
This is a time lapse images taken by the Hubble space telescope.
Technicians aimed the telescope at a black spot in space about 1 square millimeter in size and took this. The time lapse captured galaxies before unseen.
Those spots are not Stars, they are entire galaxy’s...in an area in space equal to what would be less than one grain of sand on the entire coast.
Mind boggling to try to comprehend.

96016FF9-632C-48EE-B24B-4FF562F8E87A.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Here's an odd concept of space as well as time...
A rather smart, albeit eccentric, individual I knew had a theory that all matter and existence was made of energy. All energy has it's own wavelengths...what it you could just jump from peak to peak? Some years later, both Steven Hawking and then Michio Kaku theorized of wornholes being area where the "fabric of the universe" is folded and touching.
Now, my thoughts on that. If a vessel could do that, wouldn't it also be able to keep it's contents isolated from the outside forces? As it would be effectively in two places at once, though briefly, could it be the surrounding forces are acting on it as it's "leaving"? Would the same thing capable of essentially becoming energy, allow it to pass through solid mass?...Basically, folding the two points together, so there would be no obstructions.

Some people theorize different was to travel through space and time. I usually just figure how to make cars faster...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Here's an odd concept of space as well as time...
A rather smart, albeit eccentric, individual I knew had a theory that all matter and existence was made of energy. All energy has it's own wavelengths...what it you could just jump from peak to peak? Some years later, both Steven Hawking and then Michio Kaku theorized of wornholes being area where the "fabric of the universe" is folded and touching.
Now, my thoughts on that. If a vessel could do that, wouldn't it also be able to keep it's contents isolated from the outside forces? As it would be effectively in two places at once, though briefly, could it be the surrounding forces are acting on it as it's "leaving"? Would the same thing capable of essentially becoming energy, allow it to pass through solid mass?...Basically, folding the two points together, so there would be no obstructions.

Some people theorize different was to travel through space and time. I usually just figure how to make cars faster...

Check out the three vids in String Theory...all of the vids these guys produce are fascinating [emoji106]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsPUh22kYmNCHVpiXDJyAcRJ8gluQtOJR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Taboma

Reaction score
And keep up in mind the stars you see are just in our galaxy. The Milky Way.
This is a time lapse images taken by the Hubble space telescope.
Technicians aimed the telescope at a black spot in space about 1 square millimeter in size and took this. The time lapse captured galaxies before unseen.
Those spots are not Stars, they are entire galaxy’s...in an area in space equal to what would be less than one grain of sand on the entire coast.
Mind boggling to try to comprehend.

View attachment 799983

Whenever I view those deep field images I can't help but think ---- OK, that's 13 billion or so years ago, where are those galaxies today and do they even exist ?
Almost everything we see gazing up on a moonless night is very old news.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Whenever I view those deep field images I can't help but think ---- OK, that's 13 billion or so years ago, where are those galaxies today and do they even exist ?

And that’s the kicker.

Now add in the concept of an infinite number of parallel universes and the human brain just shuts down.

This video is a good one, in the sense of ideas and concepts claimed.
Now PLEASE understand that I am in no way saying that I believe this to be “real”, I’m more interested in the concepts presented. The authenticity, or rather lack thereof, is of no concern to me. Alien, kid in a monkey suit, bozo the clown, doesn’t matter. It’s the ideas from different perspectives that interest me.

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
And that’s the kicker.

Now add in the concept of an infinite number of parallel universes and the human brain just shuts down.

This video is a good one, in the sense of ideas and concepts claimed.
Now PLEASE understand that I am in no way saying that I believe this to be “real”, I’m more interested in the concepts presented. The authenticity, or rather lack thereof, is of no concern to me. Alien, kid in a monkey suit, bozo the clown, doesn’t matter. It’s the ideas from different perspectives that interest me.

And still, no answer to "WHY" --- only "How"

pronstar

Reaction score

Yup, we’re literally looking at the past.

Theoretically we could be watching a little-league game on a planet that no longer exists, as observers with no way to interact with it.

Quantum theory is even more strange.
Where the mere act of observing a thing, changes the thing.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Our own sunlight takes what? 4 minutes?

I’m not smart enough to figure it out, but can it be argued that there is even slight deflections in time/ occurrence even right in front of us?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
As we learned from Yahoo Serious in the biographical film "Young Einstein"...if you travel away from a clock at the speed of light, the time on the clock will be the same. If we were to go faster, we would catch up to the previous time on the clock.

...we also learned from the film that bubbles are put into beer by splitting the atom:p

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
As we learned from Yahoo Serious in the biographical film "Young Einstein"...if you travel away from a clock at the speed of light, the time on the clock will be the same. If we were to go faster, we would catch up to the previous time on the clock.

...we also learned from the film that bubbles are put into beer by splitting the atom:p

What’s sad is that I am old enough to remember him!

spectras only

Reaction score
https://www.sciencealert.com/how-mysterious-disappearing-stars-could-point-us-towards-alien-life

Still, scientists have long wondered about advanced alien technology such as Dyson spheres - massive structures that could surround stars and then suck energy from them. That's one hypothetical way that a star could be missing from one sky survey to the next.

A more scientific explanation could be that bright galaxy centres called quasars are known to switch off in a matter of hundreds of days – though we're not exactly sure why. These quasars are powered by supermassive black holes, sucking in huge volumes of gas and dust more rapidly than normal, and they could account for some bright spots suddenly disappearing between official surveys.

Me know nothing about these theories, and it won't matter in my daily life.:p:D
Lets go boating, karting offroading etc....and just have fun while here on this tiny planet.:)

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
What if our universe is simply dust in a shoe box that's under someone's bed and the time that we know is only the time from when the dust formed until the shoebox gets thrown out?!

Everything is relative especially time and size

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
What’s sad is that I am old enough to remember him!
Einstein or Yahoo Serious?

Here's one for you. When my friend Hardy was a kid, he was riding his bike around a college campus in LA. A door was open, and he looked in. He described it to me as the biggest equation on a chalkboard he'd ever seen. He was a very sharp kid, and continued to look, leaning in the doorway. The speaker asked if he could help him. Hardy simply responded that he was wondering what all those numbers meant. The speaker invited him to take a seat with the class, and he will show them. The guest speaker that day was Albert Einstein. Hardy went on to get his doctorate in mechanical engineering, and was also the first black man on a pit crew at Indy. He also worked along side with Werner VonBraun. Chance meetings lead to an incredible life...
Hardy past away a couple years ago. He will probably be the most intelligent person I will ever meet. Absolutely brilliant, but could break things down so us normall people could understand.

pronstar

Reaction score
Our own sunlight takes what? 4 minutes?

I’m not smart enough to figure it out, but can it be argued that there is even slight deflections in time/ occurrence even right in front of us?

Relativistic systems - GPS satellite market are a great example - work based on the curvature of space/time.
Distortions/deflections, in your words [emoji106]

The clocks on GPS satellites tick slightly faster than clocks on earth...around 40 microseconds per day faster.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Relativistic systems - GPS satellite market are a great example - work based on the curvature of space/time.
Distortions/deflections, in your words [emoji106]

The clocks on GPS satellites tick slightly faster than clocks on earth...around 40 microseconds per day faster.

So it could be calculated that when I throw this rack of ribs on the Traeger, I really did it a few microseconds earlier.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Some people can track deer or elk. I track BBQ...:p

Make NORAD look like beginners!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Some people can track deer or elk. I track BBQ...:p

Make NORAD look like beginners!

I’ve been to Cobra Dane on Shemya.
It’s a trip. Went in a tour after my clearance was temporarily upgraded from secret to top secret. (Just for the tour)
2 buck Sargents sit up in “the brain” tracking everything orbiting the earth.
With a Raytheon guy overseeing it all.
2 dudes with M16’s sit in the double steel door lock. You go through on door, and are locked in with the armed guys while they check (for the fourth time) your security pass.
These guys would be normal happy guys at the bar the night before, and dead serious trigger happy nervous guards in duty.

The Dane is probably a top 3 target for incoming.

They ran some simulation programs for us to show us how the “fences” worked and how it tracked and forecast impact zones for incoming trajectories.

NASA contracts with Raytheon for data from the Dane do they can launch without hitting any of the appr. 20,000 or so catalogued items in equatorial orbit, both stationary and moving. (DTV satellites, for instance, are stationary, they match earths rotation so they remain in a fixed location).
I asked about polar orbital sats.
They got quite. Polar orbital sats are generally military in nature.
Except of course for the “Black Knight”...
They wouldn’t talk about that, or any polar orbital items.
In fact they said polar orbital items are of a “different classification”...meaning cataloged in a way that was for eyes only.

They called the ufo’s that NASA constantly cuts live feeds for as “anomalies”

But the one guy said “there’s LOTS of anomalies.

I worked with a lot of Raytheon guys in a lot of capacities in a lot of remote locations over the years as a DoD civilian. The shit that Joe Blow doesn’t know is staggering.
It becomes tedious trying to convince people of the shit that goes on every day. I’ve quit trying, it just hampers my own research.
If a person doesn’t know by now, it ain’t my concern to convince them.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The average human wants food, a home and entertainment. They have no other interest in anything outside there immediate sphere of influence. Convincing them of something other than what the almighty media or government says is wasted breath. Eventually there will be a shitshow that no government can hide, and the lights will come on.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The average human wants food, a home and entertainment. They have no other interest in anything outside there immediate sphere of influence. Convincing them of something other than what the almighty media or government says is wasted breath. Eventually there will be a shitshow that no government can hide, and the lights will come on.

The “butthole surfers” wrote a song about it, “let’s talk about cars”...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My 12yo son has every book that can be found on Nikola Tesla. I have always been a fan of his work, and find it odd my son has found the same interest. My son came to me 4 years ago and asked if a magnetic field can move a metal object, why couldn't you create a field and have a plane pull itself?
This year a patent was filed by Northrop, magnetic field propulsion. My son is an abstract thinker...it impresses me and scares the hell out of me!

pronstar

Reaction score
My 12yo son has every book that can be found on Nikola Tesla. I have always been a fan of his work, and find it odd my son has found the same interest. My son came to me 4 years ago and asked if a magnetic field can move a metal object, why couldn't you create a field and have a plane pull itself?
This year a patent was filed by Northrop, magnetic field propulsion. My son is an abstract thinker...it impresses me and scares the hell out of me!

Here’s Northrop’s patent submission [emoji90]

41F9F22D-876B-490B-8201-1D5652429797-7810-0000092E5312392F.jpg