WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I know its wrong but damn its good

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
So there is a taco stand a little ways from my house that sets up at night, totally illegal no permits or shit, always a line of people

So tonight i had to stop and omg they have the best carne asada tacos, the carnitas were good too
AgdZ9RKCS02K3vEUyd90KA.jpg

kevin1988

Reaction score
One of the best taco stands is at Arizona and Telegraph in East LA. $1 tacos, cash only and so damn good!!! It's not a nice neighborhood so I wouldn't venture there with the family, I won't let my girlfriend get out the truck there.

But damn. So good.

There's a better one a few blocks away, I would go there when I worked on an ambulance. I would not go there in my own vehicle.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
i usually roll into havasu in the middle of the night and made the mistake of stopping at the pop up in parker. aside from being attacked by all the bugs attracted by their bright lights it wasnt half bad for a 3am taco.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
is that the one that has been popping up on Newhall Ave. near the Arco gas station? if so, they were gone for awhile because the sheriff ran them out for no permits.

So there is a taco stand a little ways from my house that sets up at night, totally illegal no permits or shit, always a line of people

So tonight i had to stop and omg they have the best carne asada tacos, the carnitas were good too View attachment 796978

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'd literally fund a legit Tijuana mexico hot dog cart if we can get one in LHC... Real deal no white people need to apply.. :D

(ask my wife I stop at every damn one of them when I am in Mexico)

That said I'm willing to goto mexico to get them. We have borders for a reason.. Hot dogs aren't worth the other problems that come with the idea of "open borders."

RD

C-2

Reaction score
The deal is, street vending on sidewalks is legal now. It's up to cities/counties to impose health codes to make sure they are safe. If they chose to, a taco street vendor could set up a cart on the sidewalk in front of Taco Bell and there wouldn't be anything Taco Bell, or the police, could do about it.

My theory is...if you see a line of Mexican peeps waiting in line - they must be damn good tacos!

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
My libertarian side loves these places. Used to get legit carne burritos from a couple little Mexican gals that would come by the shop every day.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
is that the one that has been popping up on Newhall Ave. near the Arco gas station? if so, they were gone for awhile because the sheriff ran them out for no permits.
Yep thats the one

Tank

Reaction score
I'd literally fund a legit Tijuana mexico hot dog cart if we can get one in LHC... Real deal no white people need to apply.. :D

That said I'm willing to goto mexico to get them. We have borders for a reason.. Hot dogs aren't worth the other problems that come with the idea of "open borders."

RD

When you're in KW have you guys managed to get a piece of pizza or a hot dog off the carts that roll out onto Duvall around midnight for all the drunk people. Next level shit man!!! This year, I'm draggin our drunk asses to the hot dog cart!!;):D

I know Dan knows what I'm talking about!

gqchris

Reaction score

RD

Im with ya on this one Dave. I don't want to know what kinda hot dogs they are, but damn they are tasty! They steam the buns just right too. Something that no one here gets correct!

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
My concern is trust. With all the crazy in the world today, do you really trust that someone isn't gonna poison you at one of those places? What recourse would you or your family members really have?
I think I will just either trust an established legit business or make my own while I wear my tin foil sombrero. :D

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Trust? that ship sailed a long time ago, well for me couple years ago at Kokomos in the middle of the day.
but you can't quit living because of what might happen and i'll tell you that those tacos well awesome,

And like Tank said the hot dog stand in key west is over the top you haven't lived until getting one of them at 2am drunk off you ass

Awe good times

Dana757

Reaction score
My concern is trust. With all the crazy in the world today, do you really trust that someone isn't gonna poison you at one of those places? What recourse would you or your family members really have?
I think I will just either trust an established legit business or make my own while I wear my tin foil sombrero. :D
Poisoning customers seems to go against repeat business don't ya think?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Nice.

Best tacos I ever had were from a street shack on the outskirts of Guerrero Negro in Baja.

Had like 3 to start and a Tecate for like a dollar.
Old lady had a makeshift griddle with chicken, fish, beef and goat meat.
Could not get enough.
Went with chicken, then switched to fish and ate till I couldn’t move.
We paid with a twenty and she got pissed because she had to send her kid to the Petromex for change.

Last edited:

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Poisoning customers seems to go against repeat business don't ya think?
Sure I agree. But crazy usually doesnt plan on sticking around. It's a gamble that I just choose not to take.

DaveH

Reaction score
Can't hate these people that want to work for money in order to live a better life..... it's the people that want a better life and don't want to work hard that pisses me off.
i agree with you...but at the same time legit business have far more burdens placed on them and cant compete with operations like this. it like a landscaping company paying cash low wages and then putting the other legit companies out of work.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
These pop-up taco and tamale stands are like gas stations out here by me . It seems like there's one on every corner

JayBreww

Reaction score
Remember like 15-18 years ago stopping with my parents at the trailer set up in Parker next to Taco Bell in the dirt lot every Friday night for tacos and a quesadilla.

Anyone else remember them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

530RL

Reaction score

Are you suggesting we play it safe and hit up the China Buffet? :)

BingerFang

Reaction score
i agree with you...but at the same time legit business have far more burdens placed on them and cant compete with operations like this. it like a landscaping company paying cash low wages and then putting the other legit companies out of work.

I agree that all businesses in America should have to operate legally, however, I do not agree that the only reason why this company can sell excellent tacos in the middle of the night at a low price is because they are operating illegally... #capitalism

Last edited:

92 cole

Reaction score
Being that I came from a demolition back-ground my work was mostly exterior. BUT when heavy demolition was slow I would run crews for interior demo for restoration mostly fast food chains. I will not name names! I will however say that ALOT of the chains I walked into I will NEVER eat at any of them again. With that being said, In my work I have worked all over california and at times south of the border. In my travels I have found some of the best food in ALOT of places most people would not dare to venture into including street venders and back alley taco stands. I will say this, If you see a bunch of Latinos gathering at a stand you can bet the food is GOOD and SAFE. The mexicans will "so to speak" black ball a bad spot and the spot will go away! As far as the American fast food joints " go figure" . it's fast and cheap. MLAO

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Got a whole row of venders on cajalco west of 215. They are fancy tho with ez ups and folding tables

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
You ever notice that there's never any stray dogs or cats around those things?

:cool:
This guy has been hanging around this taco truck in Fresno for a few days. I've seen others and some cats too...
fullsizeoutput_792.jpeg