WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Armored fortress Starbucks

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We’re in the middle of 4 week RV trip but stopped off in Anaheim for a few days the wife has a nursing function.

Very close to Disneyland I got up early and headed to Starbucks. Kids wanted to go too.

The Starbucks was an enclosed high and no climb walled and fence topped with a concrete and steel parking lot, one narrow single lane pinch point entrance that doubles as an exit, bullet resisting glass, dining room eliminated just a customer walk up ballistics window to the outside, drive up service, no tables outside either. 7' tall Ballistics blast shields mounted to the walkways to protect customers.

I told the kids if you vote liberal causes or for Democrats this is what you get.
I’m saying that more often about more things now.
Especially freedoms and choices we are losing.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
E7407B78-EFFB-4852-A34C-B86267171E89.jpeg

We found a Starbucks directly across the street from Disneyland we got buzzed into.
Read that: Buzzed into.

Maynard asked me why this one is different and we can come inside?
I told him “Walt was a Republican.”

RodnJen

Reaction score
You should have driven 5 minutes north to Fullerton.

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I used to do a charity fish fry for a local club we belong too.
Cars lined up parked down the street. Giant parking lot full.

My secret ingredient was Smart and Final special fry - deep fry oil.
Not all purpose, just an outstanding product for seafood.
Now Banned in Cali.
It just ain’t the same anymore.

RodnJen

Reaction score
My wife just informed me that the Starbucks on Harbor and Brea has a guard too, WTF.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
My wife just informed me that the Starbucks on Harbor and Brea has a guard too, WTF.

Is all of this for vagrants, or are they worried about robberies, or lunatic shooters?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Are you really packing the bear spray?
Been thinking about it.
Kid left for work a little before 5. I get a text from him my tailgate is down. I pre loaded some basics for a ( probably ) solo river trip next weekend.
Camp kitchen box gone and not sure what else. I don't want to shot anyone, but I'd sure like to fuck them up.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Many Sbux in So Cal have downsized seating areas and added drive throughs.

They won’t say it (Sbux), but they absolutely did it because they coddle the homeless but don’t want them in the shops.
Kind of like putting the Xmas tree in a playpen to keep your kid from touching it vs spanking their ass to know their limits

Nanny state tactics at it’s best

Dumped Sbux couple months back and don’t miss “bum bux vagrants” one bit

Bear Down

Reaction score
Funny thing, next to my office, in Downtown LA, there is a 24 Hr Starbucks and you can see all these yuppies and gangsters at 3 a.m. getting coffee... wide open, strange to see..

LowRiver2

Reaction score
....I'd have a guard too if I was selling coffee for 8$ a cup! Like having a lookout for the crack house;)

Especially when Cops stop hanging out there

About 50% decline in LA per Coppers I hear from

Dunkin is good but they have pulled anti Cop crap back east over the years too.

7/11 has been working for me, brings back memories of being in my 20’s and booking at 3am, lol

Last edited:

BajaMike

Reaction score
I went to Starbucks once, the stupid sizing of the cups (grande is a small coffee?), baristas were total snobs and coffee way to bitter and expensive. All the political bullshit since then and the fact that I don’t really like coffee is another reason I will never go there again.

$5 for a cup of coffee? I don’t get it.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
This is nothing new for Southern California. Try the McDonald's in Anaheim (about 2 miles from Disneyland) at the corner of State College and Katella. Armed guards both inside and outside in the parking lot. And I hope you're multi-lingual -- English seldom spoken.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
I think I went to $tarbucks once, not my choice and she paid... IMO while traveling you can't beat AM/PM coffee. Many different octanes / flavors, usually quite fresh, and quite reasonably priced... No guards, but a guy with a gun on his hip at the one west of Victorville at about 4 AM...I think he was an employee, maybe not?? OH, they also have the flavored creamers, my personal addiction....
Ray

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Water, some ground beans, sugary additive and a rude employee $5-8.
That's 2 to 3 gallons of fuel for the rv trip to gtfo of there.
Your 100% better off with the $1 coffee shop stuff with free refills, and likely a great breakfast too.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
YlYou guys ever look around and just think”WTF happened?”

California used to be so nice. The areas you guys are discussing are places I am real familiar with and were beautiful not that long ago.

It’s so sad to watch.

Dalton

Reaction score
anacrime

how do they decide whos buzzed in? by how they look?

riverroyal

Reaction score
YlYou guys ever look around and just think”WTF happened?”

California used to be so nice. The areas you guys are discussing are places I am real familiar with and were beautiful not that long ago.

It’s so sad to watch.
Si

But its not all cal or socal. Carlsbad population has changed but the demographics have not. Same as encinitas, newport, blah blah.
Anahieim santa ana may as well be Tijuana. Head west may as well be korea. Those areas caucasians have left and crime has escalated big time.
Im sorta in a bubble at home, when i go to work i see big city to city changes.
If you never left carlsbad city limits you would no idea

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Si

But its not all cal or socal. Carlsbad population has changed but the demographics have not. Same as encinitas, newport, blah blah.
Anahieim santa ana may as well be Tijuana. Head west may as well be korea. Those areas caucasians have left and crime has escalated big time.
Burbank was the same in many ways as you describe Carlsbad. Then a couple dirty cops sued the city for discimination and ended up getting their hands caught in the cookie jar. The city council had a knee jerk reaction and hired a new police chief that was from LAPD. Well he brought over a lot of upper brass from LAPD as well as their policies. Now Burbank is nothing like it used to be even 5 years ago. I give it 5 more years and you won't be able to tell the difference between Burbank and North Hollywood.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Proof the idiots actually get that once guns are outlawed only the bad have the guns, so they must protect what’s theirs from the bad.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
They don’t call it Ana-crime for nuttin.. :D

Really used to be a pretty nice city 30 years ago. It has become so bad that it's a large part of the reason Arte Moreno wants out. New mayor's top agenda item was getting them to resign for another year.

That could be said for all of Ca. Except Santa Ana. That has always been disgusting.

wzuber

Reaction score
Sounds like time for a new choice in coffee shops TPC? Shitbucks couldn't be any more liberal and apparently completely contrary to your political values and yet your still supporting them with your $$$$? What does it say/show/exemplify to your kids when you buy the products of a company that blatantly contradicts the values you hope to instill in your family? It seems to me choosing another Co. and explaining to the family why you are making the change could have a more clear and significant influence on their choices and values and how to "vote" daily with your choices, $$ etc? It completely sucks that it seems this is the reality of the environment we live live in today and progressing rapidly down hill but unfortunately it is what it is. Just my observation/$.02 and of course it's worth what you paid for it.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Burbank was the same in many ways as you describe Carlsbad. Then a couple dirty cops sued the city for discimination and ended up getting their hands caught in the cookie jar. The city council had a knee jerk reaction and hired a new police chief that was from LAPD. Well he brought over a lot of upper brass from LAPD as well as their policies. Now Burbank is nothing like it used to be even 5 years ago. I give it 5 more years and you won't be able to tell the difference between Burbank and North Hollywood.

I'm a bit confused here. Are you saying the LAPD influence has changed the citizens in Burbank?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused here. Are you saying the LAPD influence has changed the citizens in Burbank?
In a round about way, yes. Burbank used to have fairly strict policing. They were notorious for it. And it was easier for that to happen because they rode single in the car so more individual units on the streets to squash things almost immediately. Response times were less than 5 mins for years. Now with the LAPD policies adopted by BPD, there are less sperate units on road now to stop those little calls while they are still little calls (like disturbances and such). Now citizens in Burbank don't KNOW they will get stopped or busted for just about anything anymore. It used to be if you got lit up and second unit would ALWAYS fill-in a couple minutes after which was always a pretty big deterent as that draws way more attention. Citizens' attitudes most definitely have changed.

Clank123

Reaction score
Si

Agree on Carlsbad. I’ve lived here all my life within a 3/4 mile square in “Old” Carlsbad.
Funny, just about anywhere I go and tell folks I live here, almost every one of them say they’ve been here and no place like it.
Yesterday wife and I took our 68 Schwinn Twinn from the house to the beach to downtown for a few apps and drinks. A perfect afternoon!
Lotta things have changed over the years but still awful tough to beat if ya gotta live in California.