WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bimini Tops..

riverman140

Lower River Outboards
Reaction score
I know this has been a pretty talked about subject as i search the forum, however i am not quite sure i found the answers i am looking for. First off, i am not a Bimini top fan, IMO, they are ugly, bulky, etc. That being said, I'm in the marker for one against my will. I have little kids now and i want to share the river experience with and don't want them or my wife miserable with the heat, so i am caving. Plus, it will keep us out on the water longer, without having to haul an ez-up, etc. Are there any recommendations in SoCal who can do custom Bimini work? and do you have pictures to share? This is what i am looking for, a super low, low profile Bimini to be built, using SS, with flush mounting brackets, i don't want the strap hooks way up on the bow either. I don't need to stand up under it, i want it to flow with the boat. The canvas, i am assuming would be the easier part, i will be going with a multi color theme to match the lines in my seats. Appreciate the inputs. RM

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
8D133458-5B4A-4F29-B092-309558D0F550.jpeg
All American Canvas in Montclair
Had done couple custom ones for me .Did this one with a mesh fabric.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Have you ever been in a boat with a low bimini? I have and in my opinion it is not only uncomfortable but also unsafe when docking and during entry and exit. A bimini top is obviously not a fashion statement but a sun shade tool. Leave it off certain days if you want but for the days you have it I strongly recommend function over fashion.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Vince at King Kid in Valencia is who did my old boat and my buddies Howard Cat. Highly recommend him.

redone76

Reaction score
A1 Canvas in Upland did the dual bimini's on my Chaparral deck boat. Stainless frame, hardware and Sunbrella canvas. I've been happy with it for almost 5 years now
BOAT1.jpg
MOTOR42.jpg

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I know this has been a pretty talked about subject as i search the forum, however i am not quite sure i found the answers i am looking for. First off, i am not a Bimini top fan, IMO, they are ugly, bulky, etc. That being said, I'm in the marker for one against my will. I have little kids now and i want to share the river experience with and don't want them or my wife miserable with the heat, so i am caving. Plus, it will keep us out on the water longer, without having to haul an ez-up, etc. Are there any recommendations in SoCal who can do custom Bimini work? and do you have pictures to share? This is what i am looking for, a super low, low profile Bimini to be built, using SS, with flush mounting brackets, i don't want the strap hooks way up on the bow either. I don't need to stand up under it, i want it to flow with the boat. The canvas, i am assuming would be the easier part, i will be going with a multi color theme to match the lines in my seats. Appreciate the inputs. RM

My brother just had a nice one made for a very reasonable price (1/2 price VS Seam Dreams in Havasu.....) SS poles, sunbrella fabric, etc. The guy is in Canyon Country. @Big B Hova post it up

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
When I was in my 20's I said I would never own an open bow boat or a Bimini top.

but I gues we all said stupid shit in our 20's

30's, 40's, 50's?

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Have you ever been in a boat with a low bimini? I have and in my opinion it is not only uncomfortable but also unsafe when docking and during entry and exit. A bimini top is obviously not a fashion statement but a sun shade tool. Leave it off certain days if you want but for the days you have it I strongly recommend function over fashion.

Agreed. And if the kids are being towed at slow speeds or when turning , you can't see them through the Bimini.

riverman140

Lower River Outboards
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I was looking for pros and cons