WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hr question. Reimbursement

Yellowboat

Reaction score
For the about 10 days on the new job I was not issued a gas card, I was told to summit the recites and I would be reimbursed. How long does it normally take for that too happen? I always had same day policy, you hand me a invoice I hand you a check.

redone76

Reaction score
Can be up to a week here at my shop.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
for my job it is on the following paycheck. so can be up to a month if you submit your expenses right after you get paid.

jetur

Reaction score
Usually it's with the next paycheck, if it's a small company. Larger corps I worked for it was usually at months end.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Submit by Monday AM, get check by Saturday if lucky, but usually the following Monday. This is with a large publicly traded nation wide construction company. So, in theory, you could make a purchase on a Monday, and not get reimbursed until 2 weeks later because you accumulate the receipts for an entire week before submitting. With a good rewards program, reimbursements can net you a couple grand a year tax free money depending on how your company allows (or forces) you to use your personal credit card for company business.

And, its actually an AP question, not an HR question.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
1-2 weeks is the norm for most private companies.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Who ever told you to submit the receipts...............that's who's ass you kick. Time to go Joe Pesci on him.:D

4Waters

Reaction score
I've seen as long as 30 days but usually around 15.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Still waiting on money... is the grass at least greener?
Stress level is way down and I am not working physically.

I am not worried about $300, just more of a how does this work type thing. For me it was a same day deal.

gqchris

Reaction score
Big Companies, up to 30 days usually. Just depends on when you turn in your expenses. Which by the way is a pain in the ass when youre busy! LOL

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Could depend on when the person who approves your expense report actually approves the expenses. Here, usually within one week from Expense Report date to date paid (ACH to checking). I have seen a 2 day turn around on rare occasions. Used to be a much longer process.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
At my company they pay the second week of the following month for expenses so depending on when you turn them in it could be as long as 6 weeks. Of course that's assuming that the office gal did her job in a timely manner and that it didn't get "overlooked" by the accountants in Argentina in which case it will take another month after that. I've waited as long as 2.5 months and had to raise hell about it.

Singleton

Reaction score
2-3 weeks at my place.
Need to submit and be approved 7 days prior to pay-period end to get in the following check.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
2-3 weeks at my place.

You could ask your HR or manager

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
do you now have a gas card???

was this option discussed before hire????

at my company employment (30 mil annual sales) next pay day....

time to ask the question.... when will I be reimbursed?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
The following paycheck usually. So typically two weeks. I'd procrastinate just doing the task as well..

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I do have a gas card now as well as a company amx. It just took a little over a week to get it in my hands.

shock22

Reaction score
Your lucky worked for one of the larger construction companies took 3 months to get reimbursed I was in for 15k. Work for small family business now receipts in by Tuesday on Thursday check

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
The companies I’ve been with always reimbursed on the next pay date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
My company is a 2-3 week reimbursement after approval. Keyword: APPROVAL. If your boss sits on the request for a week...

lIQUIDATEDdAMAGES

Reaction score
We are usually a week sometimes maybe two if the boss is out of town and can’t sign sign checks. My problem is I don’t like doing expense reports so I’ll save receipts up for a month or two before submitting. Luckily I am able to just pay the card off every month and submit when I submit. It feels like free money when I get it [emoji12]

I know this I probably bad accounting and use of my money but...

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
If you’re an employer that reimbursed employees you should use concur. It’s not cheap but it’s worth it’s weight in gold.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
If you’re an employer that reimbursed employees you should use concur. It’s not cheap but it’s worth it’s weight in gold.

The mobile version is great as you can snap pictures and enter in the expenses as you spend. My coworker came back from a month trip to japan and all his receipts were written in japanese and had no clue what was for what, etc.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Are you submitting through Concur? Payroll? AP? Concur should be pretty quick depending on how fast your boss is at approving expense reports. Payroll should be next check. AP...depends how long it takes to get you in the system, approved by manager, then timing of their check run...

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
The mobile version is great as you can snap pictures and enter in the expenses as you spend. My coworker came back from a month trip to japan and all his receipts were written in japanese and had no clue what was for what, etc.

Yup. The mobile picture deal is great. I always had issue losing receipts back in the day, with the mobile app pictures it never happens and the expense automatically gets added to the open report.

SPFRONTMAN

Reaction score
for my job it is on the following paycheck. so can be up to a month if you submit your expenses right after you get paid.
They reimburse your money that you paid out of pocket on your paycheck that they tax?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I keep a running personal parts tab where he generally owes me money for my used or rebuilt parts "sold" to the company for the purpose of company equipment or resale and just deduct from that . It keeps the bickering and fights down with my "employer" when he owes me money and I take liberty with the shop accounts.

If any of you remember my thread from a yr ago. This is actually how I solved it and kept the peace.

https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/arguing-with-the-boss.191587/

DWC

Reaction score

Same here. Expenses are approved within 24 hours but don’t show up til the next check. Always something floating.

Dalton

Reaction score

I think it sucks, never used another program though, so maybe its not the worst

Your ad here

Reaction score
At the family business 2 to 5 days but my cousin would always mail it even though I was in the office every other day. When I worked at the paving company it would be 2 to 3 weeks and sometimes a follow up call but I knew they were telling me the truth and would follow through. The last company was 2 to 6 weeks with multiple phone calls and a bunch of excuses that were stupid. Was told what they thought I wanted to hear.

Slats

Reaction score
For me it has always been take in gas receipt get cash back on the spot. :D

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Next pay day. Separate check that is not taxed. Well direct deposit.