WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Arizona Gas Taxes could double

westair

Reaction score
this sounds very familiar …… except its a republican from prescott leading this one

Last edited:

Ladsm

Reaction score
The roads are 100% better in AZ than CA, this is just another grab into your wallet or purse. Next will be water and electricity because you cant do without the 3.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
It's never enough for politicians to spend other peoples money. California has 4X the gas tax as Arizona and the roads are still shit!!! I'm sure they will soon be telling us they need more gas tax money to repair the roads, just like the last 10 tax hikes. :mad:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The roads are 100% better in AZ than CA, this is just another grab into your wallet or purse. Next will be water and electricity because you cant do without the 3.

Exactly..

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The guy behind the tax increase idea claims to be republican, and is from my neck of the woods. He'll be receiving a polite, yet honest, email. I should be able to find his public email address relatively easily.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
My Tahoe's weekly gas bill is about $90.00 And that's with carpooling. Shit's out of control. (CA)

2Driver

Reaction score
I'm telling ya, this is how Commiefornia started. I hope Arizona folks start fighting these tax increases, or you will soon be called California East.

Prescott is California so its no surprise this idea germinated there. The guy came out the government “retired” Navy, then customs service then forest service.

He's ingrained in inefficiency and waste as a way of life. The only way to do anything is, not to become efficient, but to go about the SOS and take more of our hard earned income.

Last edited:

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
in 1985 I sat on a citizen advisory board for responsible road tax allocation. I remember it was so far down the tube that the state was using gas taxes for slide shows in the state parks. There were over 20 people making $50k a year (big money back then) to take pictures and put together slide shows. The reason for the connection was, people have to drive on the roads to get to the slide shows. Fast forward 30 some odd years and you have people paid to listen on behalf of wildlife to make sure road construction is not overly offensive. The point is, gas taxes don't go only to roads. It's a cash cow that government can't walk away from and people flock to as a way to make good money without providing any results.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
What will they tax when everyone’s driving electric cars? Or the people that ride the bus that use the roads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westair

Reaction score
The 40 up towards Kingman is bad! Shake your

You would think they could fill a few of the holes in out of the 750 million budget they have already

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
in 1985 I sat on a citizen advisory board for responsible road tax allocation. I remember it was so far down the tube that the state was using gas taxes for slide shows in the state parks. There were over 20 people making $50k a year (big money back then) to take pictures and put together slide shows. The reason for the connection was, people have to drive on the roads to get to the slide shows. Fast forward 30 some odd years and you have people paid to listen on behalf of wildlife to make sure road construction is not overly offensive. The point is, gas taxes don't go only to roads. It's a cash cow that government can't walk away from and people flock to as a way to make good money without providing any results.
I guess it's the same as any other government run deal. In Los Angeles, the school district had a lot of busses. Second largest district in the country by population, the biggest geographically. All those diesel busses on all those beat up roads...all run on red dye fuel, and no registration fees. I would think it's the same here.
I have a contractor friend that was subbed out on I40 bridge work last year. A guy came up to him from some state board of something. Asked him if his boss was treating him well, if he was getting X amount per hour, this, that and the other...The guy was a paid HR observer. My friend made sure to tell him the owner of the company was an ass, but the pay was good...That's about when the HR guy from ADOT realized he was talking to the owner.

Bear Down

Reaction score
My Tahoe's weekly gas bill is about $90.00 And that's with carpooling. Shit's out of control. (CA)
Sold our SUV (v-6) and purchased a new sedan. What I have saved in 3 weeks in fuel pays for half the payment on the new car. I am happy I am paying less into the State fund..

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
AZ is infected. Just like NV years ago. The Virus will spread until it kills the host. Unfortunately, it is the result of living next to CA

Mike K

Reaction score
AZ going the CA way? The one to watch out for is the “Red for Ed” teacher union tax scheduled for the 2020 AZ ballot that would raise your AZ state income tax an additional 4 %.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
What I paid yesterday. Filled both my carso_O
20190926_095514.jpg

EBT531

Reaction score
What will they tax when everyone’s driving electric cars? Or the people that ride the bus that use the roads?

Funny you should ask that! IL just changed their registration fees from $17.50 to $248 for electric cars this year quoting they don't pay fuel tax to support roadways. The original proposal was $1k for registration so I am sure that will be reality in a couple years

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

They're already handling that - CA tacked on an extra $100 per year in registration fees for any electric vehicle to offset the lost income from that portion of gas taxes they allocate for roads

2Driver

Reaction score
The government play today is
to let things go to total shit to where everyone is up in arms. Then they say, “ well if you want new roads then we need to find a new way (tax) to pay for them, because we don't have the money.

Citizens buy into it to get the issue resolved and the tax and waste never ends and it grows like a fucking tumor.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
AZ going the CA way? The one to watch out for is the “Red for Ed” teacher union tax scheduled for the 2020 AZ ballot that would raise your AZ state income tax an additional 4 %.
I am way too familiar with the Red for Ed BS... Some quiet dinners last year with my teacher wife. It has gotten me out of a lot of her friends get togethers though. My thing is this, you took the job knowing the pay sucked. The only thing that changed is the two guys from out of state starting an uprising. The talking heads for that campaign were from Chicago, and I belive Dallas. Moved here 2-3 yrs ago. A lot of their propaganda funding comes from SEIU and the Ca teachers' union. Luckily the property tax thing is out...for now.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
What I paid yesterday. Filled both my carso_O
View attachment 801966

Hey where did you find that? We paid $2.75 yesterday on our way out of Havasu. Funny thing is that while we were filling up the guy walked across the property with the pole and additional numbers. So it turns out that we saved $.05 per gallon. Woohooo!!!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Hey where did you find that? We paid $2.75 yesterday on our way out of Havasu. Funny thing is that while we were filling up the guy walked across the property with the pole and additional numbers. So it turns out that we saved $.05 per gallon. Woohooo!!!
:D
Trade secret.

Smith's with my discount. Posted price was $2.58

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It’s getting more difficult to see the fiscal differences between parties. Seems they all just want our money and to tell us what to do in some way with very little in return.
I had really not been paying too much attention to politics until recently. I worked, payed bills and taxes. That was it. Pretty simple, head down, keep moving life. Now I look around, and it's much like you just said. There are titles, but there are very few differences.

Reactions: D19

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Utilities in California have gotten the PUC to allow them to offer different meters and rates for electric vehicle charging. I can almost guarantee you that they will lobby to get it into title 24 that all electric car charging stations need to be independent from house or business service meters. Then they will petition the PUC to get those meters excluded from their purview (the PUC's) so they can do damn near whatever they want with the rates without having to get their (PUC's) approval.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

DLC

Reaction score
I don’t know how much road maintenance will get completed in Havasu....

I do know it ONLY took what 9 months to redo the intersection to get on the island.

At that rate even if they have a bunch of money it might take a while...

thmterry

Reaction score
Where does all the lotto money go? I thought it was for schools?