WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ok you ballers.desert center is for sale

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Always thought there should be a gas station and mini mart at least there like back in the day, but 6 mil is alot of coin for what is basically a shithole.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 9.07.57 AM.png

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Could probably recoop a million dollars auctioning off the cars in tow yard. Roger had them all parked by make and model at one time. Had a large group of 55,56,57 T-Birds, and at least 75 early Mustangs in the 1990's. Have not been in the tow yard in many years.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Just over a 1,000 acres, that's a lot of land...in the middle of no where.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Interesting to see it for sale, I think NicPaus is right about the potential target.
Side note...... I did notice the palm tree farm is no longer for sale, or it sold.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Forwarded it to my buddy. See if he has a investor. I would make it partial solar farm, grow warehouses, outdoor hemp grow area and a gas station with a fast food spot built in.

Tank

Reaction score
That's kinda cool. Throw up a large truck stop, service, fuel, am/pm and a del taco! That funky little abandoned full city up in the hills behind there is fuckin' TRIPPY!!!! I'd rather buy that area for 6mil. Open it to the studios for filming.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
6 mil is a bit much I would think. The problem with a truckstop would be the amount of space needed to pave, and the lack of money from fuel sales. The long haul guys coming in 10 fuel before entering the state. It's a bit too far out of most the LA yards to make it in, swap loads and make it back out on a shift. Your C store stuff would be your income. Ice, beer and food...add in some clean bathrooms and you're good.
Also have a guy on Friday nights during the summer with a selection of trailer tires ready to roll. 150-200$ a pop.

Then there is staffing. How do you not end up with the cast of a Rob Zombie flick? Not a lot to choose from in the labor pool.

l84theriv

Reaction score
That's kinda cool. Throw up a large truck stop, service, fuel, am/pm and a del taco! That funky little abandoned full city up in the hills behind there is fuckin' TRIPPY!!!! I'd rather buy that area for 6mil. Open it to the studios for filming.

Are you talking about the eagle(iron) mountain mine area about twenty minutes kinda north west. I’m a land surveyor and have done a bunch of boundary work up there about 15 years ago. They let us stay in one of the houses up there. Super creepy at night. Fun times tho. A lot of cool stuff to see that has been abandoned at that mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well Done Stacy & RD,incredible way to kick off the start up of RDP COMMERCIAL Realestate Division.

We have Quite a bit of property for sale as you come off the 40 just south of the pilot.

Tank

Reaction score
Are you talking about the eagle(iron) mountain mine area about twenty minutes kinda north west. I’m a land surveyor and have done a bunch of boundary work up there about 15 years ago. They let us stay in one of the houses up there. Super creepy at night. Fun times tho. A lot of cool stuff to see that has been abandoned at that mine.

Yes! I really dig that kind of stuff. It's a total ghost town. Seems it could be utilized easily for the movie industry, or a paint ball camp or military / police training ground or endless other cool stuff.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
fwiw, the old gas station there was robbed at least monthly.

l84theriv

Reaction score
Yes! I really dig that kind of stuff. It's a total ghost town. Seems it could be utilized easily for the movie industry, or a paint ball camp or military / police training ground or endless other cool stuff.

I know more recently RZR and RJ Anderson I believe is who it was did one of those promo videos out at the mine. It showed a lot of the cool things left behind at the mine. When I get home I will see if I can dig the video up on YouTube and post it up for you.

Sleekenuff

Reaction score
It could be a good investment. There putting up a fence line for a 2nd large scale solar site in Desert Center., fence line makes it look about the size of the first one. A small gas station convenience store would be great there. Its the perfect stop on your way to Parker. Bring back the restaurant. Keep the downtown area the way it looks, "nostalgic".

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Right?

Drove in there around 630 am one Monday back in 05'. Looked like a movie set, was waiting for zombies to pop out. Lake Tamarisk?

Sandlord

Reaction score
sale doesnt include the lake or the airport

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Rv park. Truck stop.

Not in California when Lay-z-days and that truck stop are right there in Quartzite only 70 miles away and probably $1 cheaper at minimum for gas/diesel.

The truck stop in Ehrenberg is ony 50 miles actually. and that campground RV park right across the 10 is on the river as well.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
sale doesnt include the lake or the airport

There is a lake?

And how do you get to the ghost town, take a left at the stop sign and parallel the freeway, or make that left further up that goes off on an angle after you pass through the intersection?

l84theriv

Reaction score
There is a lake?

And how do you get to the ghost town, take a left at the stop sign and parallel the freeway, or make that left further up that goes off on an angle after you pass through the intersection?

IMG_3702.JPG

l84theriv

Reaction score
There is a lake?

You could go either of those directions.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
I don't want the dirt but I do want the abandoned train car. Think they'd sell it?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I don't want the dirt but I do want the abandoned train car. Think they'd sell it?
The one inside the building? I just want to get in there and look around looks like some cool old stuff.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Isnt Eagle Mountain the little town where LA DWP employees are housed that keep tabs on the pumps?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
You could always build a hotel for the people that come out for the weekend activities at Chuckwalla Raceway with a decent restaurant and bar.

A taco truck would clean up on Fridays and Sunday afternoons.

Sandlord

Reaction score
There is a lake?

more of a golf course water hazard.

Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 12.34.51 PM.png

Tank

Reaction score
Right?

Drove in there around 630 am one Monday back in 05'. Looked like a movie set, was waiting for zombies to pop out. Lake Tamarisk?

EVOC course / Range / bomb stuff / tactical village / shoot houses....Shit could be SICK for training. clean up a block of houses and turn it into a situation where you could have people come out and stay 4 days while training.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
So no lake, airport or raceway? I'm having a hard time believing that the dirt is worth $57xx/acre? Seems terribly overpriced for the dirt in the listing.

The town was mostly dead in the early / mid 1980's (from what I recall) and just got worse from there.

It's in an odd spot. Too close to Blythe and AZ state line, but too far from everywhere else. People coming from AZ already filled up in AZ. Those heading to AZ, would likely stretch to AZ before buying fuel. Build a retro style gas station and ice cream stand and/or restaurant. If that gets people to stop, build out from there.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
offer 5 million...
That's 5K an acre...

5 million on a 12 year loan at 5% is a 46K a month payment.... You only have to generate 1500 a day net with you business and the dirt is yours free an clear in 12 years.

Partner with Circle K to build out the Gas/Convience strore, ... build to lease a couple of fast food joints,.. open an RV park .. and a Tire shop that fixes trailer bearings with mobile service along Rice Rd..

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Cal trans has a yard there...I wonder what they lease it for. Seeing as how it’s government...might be a stupid big number that makes the asking price more worthwhile.

I’d probably set up a 30 or so unit motel for the chuckwalla guys and tired drivers passing through

Get the diner opened back up, but also offer fast food to go.

Get a gas station/mini mart opened back up with a service center doing trailer tires, common breakdown stuff.

Get a tow truck/recovery/EMT service going...might even be able to get some $$ from the county for this...otherwise services need to come from Blythe or Parker

Small museum, sorta like the Patton museum at Chiriaco. There is a ton of history in Desert Center.

When I was bored I’d dig a big ass lake with a loader and let a few monsoons fill it up, then make an RV park around it.

Do like they do outside of Vegas and have some heavy equipment for people to play with paid for by the hour...dig holes and fill ‘em back in.

Dirt oval track

Short course dirt track for trucks

If the highway runs through the property...charge a toll. Lol

Possibilities are endless.

boatpi

Reaction score
Back in the day that was a Texaco Station. They always had spare trailer tires and most bias tires blew on Rice Road, trust me on that.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Back in the day that was a Texaco Station. They always had spare trailer tires and most bias tires blew on Rice Road, trust me on that.

I remember all the V-belts hanging up on the wall behind the desk inside too. Back in the mid ‘80s, that place had all kinds of common spares. I was a kid at the time, but it always intrigued me as to how this place in the middle of nowhere...where quite a few failures occurred in that era, was there to supply parts. Now we’re stuck crossing our fingers hoping nothing goes wrong after we pass Chiriaco.

The little snack stand on the east side of the road always had 20+ vehicles parked there when we came through...and we’d always stop for ice cream.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Brings back vivid memories, as a young dumb ass i didnt carry a spare on my single axle trailer. Blew a tire about 35 miles from desert center. Unhook the trailer roadside and drive back to DS and pay $50 to rent a floor jack. Drive back to the boat, remove the tire and then drive back to DS and pay $165 for a cheap ass bias ply trailer tire. Then drive back to the trailer, install the tire, and then drive back to DS to return the jack, and then back to the trailer and hook things back up and be on our way.

Fak, I learned alot that day, carry a spare, get a dual axle trailer and keep a floor jack in the back of the truck.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
My first trip to the river we didnt gas up in Indio, had no idea I was screwed. Paid almost $6 a gallon if I remember correctly, and that was 20 years ago. I remember bitching about the price per gallon to the guy that worked there and he said, fine, dont buy any, but it is a long walk to Parker or Indio.