WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do you feel like you live in the right place?

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I love where I live. I have never been anywhere on vacation that I wanted to stay longer than a few days. I am always super happy to be back home.

Life is too short to not live where you love. Money isn't everything.

squeezer

Reaction score
I have lived in five states (CA, WA, OR, ID, IL) Canada, spent extended (5 plus weeks working) time in China, Korea, Vietnam, and Germany.

Its my opinion that a person is going to live to the same satisfaction level regardless of location. The exceptions to that are if you are on the extremes of the income scale. At $500K plus a year, tax rates come into play. At sub $50K a year, cost of living come into play. In between those numbers a working professional is going to lead a very similar lifestyle regardless of location.

Purposefully leaving geography out of this as some people need a beach, some a mountain, and some an ice fishing shack. As long as the beer is cold all of those things are fun!!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Come to cheeseland.... theres 20% more daylight. In my hood, there's no gangs, no real crime to speak of....(its closed of course)....

You'll have to learn how to ice fish for a couple of months, bit that shouldn't be a big change from your current program...

(Read: ITS TOO COLD FOR MUSLIMS HERE).....

fuck off... I said it. :eek:;):mad::mad::mad::mad:

Tell that to Minnesota

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Tell that to Minnesota
All those Somalis are there working in food processing plants in Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin. They've been keeping the stabbings within their own communities, at least until lately.

Thank the "jenni-o Turkey" plants for that clusterfuck.

They are a VIOLENT group of people.

JD D05

Reaction score
I love living in Utah but would slightly prefer Idaho (where I was born) or Wyoming. Can't move though with the kids work etc.
20171112_132549.jpg
20190525_131120.jpg
20190118_155401.jpg
20170903_144816.jpg
20170902_123805.jpg
20180903_132400.jpg

Last edited:

nameisbond

Reaction score
Crime in my area is a little out of control. A gang war has been on/off for the last couple of years. A few weeks back at the McDonalds I go to. A gangster was shot out front in a drive by. Most bars and clubs belong to a program that lets them run drivers licenses for criminal background checks. If you have a criminal background, they can refuse service. Its needed. Lots of Hells Angels live out here in the sticks.

d4l

Reaction score
Crime in my area is a little out of control. A gang war has been on/off for the last couple of years. A few weeks back at the McDonalds I go to. A gangster was shot out front in a drive by. Most bars and clubs belong to a program that lets them run drivers licenses for criminal background checks. If you have a criminal background, they can refuse service. Its needed. Lots of Hells Angels live out here in the sticks.

Something like that would never pass here. People would scream discrimination and personal integral in a second. But I also live in a country where the police are not allowed to check papers on random illegal immigrants w/o a warrent, and those very same illegal immigrants can pass in line for free healthcare.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I think @d4l started a very interesting thread, in a pretty good place for responses. There are a wide variety of inmates. It always amazes me when something like this comes up. There are people from all walks of life. Heavy hitters, low buck ballers, people just starting families and those who are past kids or not having to go to work everyday. I think the answer may be different based on what everyone wants or knows. For years, I couldn't imagine living anywhere but where I did. The money was good, and the weather was great. We could surf in the morning, and ski at night. Go to Disneyland or a Dodger game.

My last house, I only knew my neighbors on either side...here I know almost all of them in a mile radius. They are mostly 10ac lots, but still more than I knew before. Maybe it's because I have more time, or maybe it's something else. I think you should go where you stand the biggest chance of being happy. For some, big cities are great. For others, a place for the money. For yet others, just space or a place to call their own.

That is why I didn't comment on dl4. We have a very different view on FL than he does. Doesn't make him wrong. We both have different needs and wants. It is when one pushes their opinion on someone else that bug me. We loved San Diego for a lot of years until we didn't and made a change. The pursuit of happiness is there for a reason. If you are not happy then go find happiness.

4czn10

Reaction score
The wife and I have 11 years until my youngest graduates. When that happens we’re packing up and moving to SC or Alabama. I’m tired of living in a state going down the progressive shitter with no end in site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if you ever want to inquire about South Carolina, hit me up. we moved from Cali to Anderson, 2 years ago, with out 9 year old, thinking if our little one doesn't like it we can always move back, but we didn't want to wait until she was out of school. we wanted her to experience living on a lake, and we love living on a lake! Our $$ goes a lot farther here. Good luck!

nameisbond

Reaction score
Something like that would never pass here. People would scream discrimination and personal integral in a second. But I also live in a country where the police are not allowed to check papers on random illegal immigrants w/o a warrent, and those very same illegal immigrants can pass in line for free healthcare.

It was challenged in court, amazing thing the bar/restaurant won. In 2011 my town was murder capital of Canada, so the program was/is needed. Besides being expensive to live here, the only other thing Id change is crime.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Location? Absolutely.
The weather is amazing, activities unmatched, pay more than fair, cost of living high but do able, & I am surrounded by family and friends.
Now total living situation? Hell no.
The people/politics are crazy and getting worse. Hard work and generational wealth is being penalized. Worst of all, while I respect most political, relgious, and personal views I don't respect those views being jammed down my neck and if I say I don't like the taste I am therefore rasisct, sexist, homophobic, stupid, and don't care about others.
I am stuck for work for at least 10 more years but I am secretly hoping my kids pick separate locations to give me an excuse to pick a new base and travel. Like my parents, I will be stuck if my kids stay.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Sweden is kicking out 80,000 immigrants because of the crime and other problems? Is that not the case?

d4l

Reaction score
That is why I didn't comment on dl4. We have a very different view on FL than he does. Doesn't make him wrong. We both have different needs and wants. It is when one pushes their opinion on someone else that bug me. We loved San Diego for a lot of years until we didn't and made a change. The pursuit of happiness is there for a reason. If you are not happy then go find happiness.

FL? I didnt mean to push something, atleast that was not my intention.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
FL? I didnt mean to push something, atleast that was not my intention.

At the end of the day if you aren’t happy there move! I don’t know what the process would be to become a us citizen but I would sure think you could start setting it up on a work visa.

d4l

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Sweden is kicking out 80,000 immigrants because of the crime and other problems? Is that not the case?

I want to read that, and see it happen.

d4l

Reaction score
At the end of the day if you aren’t happy there move! I don’t know what the process would be to become a us citizen but I would sure think you could start setting it up on a work visa.

Would have to start with something like that. First of all a good buffert is needed. You never know even if you find a job at the begining what can happen later down the road.

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Nope... not any longer. We’ve been happy for the past 11 years out here in Henderson, but not so much as of late. That’s why we’ve decided to pack up, and moving to Atlanta in the spring. Many reasons for the chance, most of all comes down to family. Don’t have much out here any longer, and we’ve pretty much gotten everything we can out of Vegas career wise.m, and we’re not happy staying “level” we’ll see how it goes. This the selling of our Force. I love this boat, and where we boat, but onward and upward to new and better things.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
You can buy 420 acres for 120k??
Yep I had the deal almost in the books and wifey said she wouldn’t like it , now she kickn her ass for once , about 12 years ago ? Walshenburg ( sp ) colo also was looking at 110 for 95 k

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Nope... not any longer. We’ve been happy for the past 11 years out here in Henderson, but not so much as of late. That’s why we’ve decided to pack up, and moving to Atlanta in the spring. Many reasons for the chance, most of all comes down to family. Don’t have much out here any longer, and we’ve pretty much gotten everything we can out of Vegas career wise.m, and we’re not happy staying “level” we’ll see how it goes. This the selling of our Force. I love this boat, and where we boat, but onward and upward to new and better things.
I spent 8 month there hated every min but the money was good

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
I spent 8 month there hated every min but the money was good

Haha. We go back a couple weeks a year and have always loved it. We’re just tired of the oppressive heat out here in the desert. I know, it rains out there. But that means I don’t have watering restrictions, won’t get fined for washing all my toys, and we get actual green landscaping. Plus, everyone moving from CA is making this red state turn to blue. Lol.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Haha. We go back a couple weeks a year and have always loved it. We’re just tired of the oppressive heat out here in the desert. I know, it rains out there. But that means I don’t have watering restrictions, won’t get fined for washing all my toys, and we get actual green landscaping. Plus, everyone moving from CA is making this red state turn to blue. Lol.
Rains ? I saw fuckn Noah loading his arc TWICE lol