WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SXS extended warranty?

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
yes or no? And what should it cost on a x3 max rs ?

Think I have a deal brewing and I know this will come up.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
You make the deal with the salesman but then he sends you to the finance guy to do the paperwork even if you are paying cash. It's that guy's job to upsell the warranty and he makes a split. On the canam xrs turbo R My finance guy went from like 1200 to 900 to 700 real quick when I said no. I didn't buy it.

jetur

Reaction score
I have one on a turbo 1000 RZR-4. It's the warranty with the maintenance plan. I took a walk around the dealers shop and watched what some of those kids were doing. (Mainly on their phones). Not paying attention to the task at hand. The service advisor and I went back out to the floor and I asked him for the oil change kit to purchase. He looked at me like I was crazy because I was willing to spend $65 and do it myself at home when I could have got it free. I guess I'm too anal with my stuff. So, to date 1.5 yrs in I haven't used either plan. I would strongly advise against both plans unless you're going to trophy truck your new ride.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking. Heard people say they got a lot of “ that’s not covered” when you do need it and a lot of never had an issue.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
The flip side is bad luck and something breaks outside of the factory warranty. Damn it what to do what to do

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have one on a turbo 1000 RZR-4. It's the warranty with the maintenance plan. I took a walk around the dealers shop and watched what some of those kids were doing. (Mainly on their phones). Not paying attention to the task at hand. The service advisor and I went back out to the floor and I asked him for the oil change kit to purchase. He looked at me like I was crazy because I was willing to spend $65 and do it myself at home when I could have got it free. I guess I'm too anal with my stuff. So, to date 1.5 yrs in I haven't used either plan. I would strongly advise against both plans unless you're going to trophy truck your new ride.

Even the service “kit” is overpriced. I got more and better fluids and filters buying separate.

If you can change a tire or a belt you can do the maintenance on these things. It’s easy.

We just did a full service on @Bpracing1127 ’s RZR last weekend. It took about 2 hours total.

Front diff and trans fluid change
Air filter
Spark plugs
Engine Oil and filter change
Lubed chassis/driveline
Regreased all wheel bearings
Rotated tires
CVT clean out and inspection

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I’ve been money ahead with them.
Especially Rzrs.

Our X3 is going in for YET another water pump so that puts us $400 ahead already with that service alone.
Rear wheel bearings grenaded at 800 miles and that was covered.
So at under two years old we’re flirting with $1000 ahead.

I would be underestimating that with the 5 new Rzrs we’ve owned 6 to $8 grand saved with the extended warranty.
Probably much more.
When the fucker pukes, yeah lost trip but at least the repair is covered.

teded

Reaction score
The Warrenty usually wears out before the vehicle has a chance to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c_land

Reaction score
If you drive it hard it is worth it. I blew a transmission in half on an xp1000. that was a $3000.00 bill that didn’t cost me anything.

If you just cruise it’s not worth it

Reactions: TPC

jet496

Reaction score
I never, ever buy an extended warranty on anything, ever. I'd still be 10'ds of thousands ahead if anything does break & I have to fix it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I bought a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty. It covers virtually everything from suspension to motor etc...

They said so ling as I don’t open up the engine it should be good. They even said they don’t care if I flash the ecm etc? I don’t plan on it but I thought that was strange. Lol

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If you drive it hard it is worth it. I blew a transmission in half on an xp1000. that was a $3000.00 bill that didn’t cost me anything.

If you just cruise it’s not worth it

I had the trans issue with the 800 and again with the 1000.
Remember the diff and axels issues?
Polaris shut customers out, the extended warranty covered it all.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I bought a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty. It covers virtually everything from suspension to motor etc...

They said so ling as I don’t open up the engine it should be good. They even said they don’t care if I flash the ecm etc? I don’t plan on it but I thought that was strange. Lol

Get that in writing..

Albert

Reaction score
You can but a warranty outside the dealer as well companies sell these .

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score

Good luck with that!!!

EBT531

Reaction score
I've had great luck with them for SXS's. It really comes down to the dealer working with you. For the price, keep in mind it doesn't have to be purchased when you buy the vehicle or even at that dealer. I bought mine in AZ and found a dealer on a forum that was giving smoking deals on warranties. Bought that extended warranty and never had an issue

Englewood

Reaction score
Im on my 4th UTV and have come our ahead on all warranties.

Just built a RZR-S and got the 5yr warranty.

On my 16 turbo rzr the suspension began to sag which affected the ground clearance. I bottomed out on a rock so hard he front axle popped out and it cracked the front differential. The dealer got it covered. That repair alone paid for all previous warranties.

You can get a 5yr RZR warranty for $1,300 through Polaris (retail is $2,000). If its cheaper than you are overpaying for the RZR.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
where are you buying....

Haven't pulled the trigger just yet. I have talked to 8 dealers and 4 are still in the running.

Here's my sales pitch to them.

You want to get me down there and buy it now give me a number under $27K

You want me to think about it, give me a number under $28K

You want me to go somewhere else give me a number over $28K

So far I have (2) think about it's (barely). I'm kinda rolling the dice too because the 19's are thinning out. I need to pull the trigger in the next few days for sure

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I purchased one with my RZR when it was new 5 years ago for around $1100. Took it in a few times for warranty items and I think I'm in the Black by $200. Even if I was in the Red by that amount it would be fine by me. I mostly bought it for the peace of mind not having to shell out $6,000 if my engine imploded, lol. I will probably buy another Extended Warranty next time also.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking. Heard people say they got a lot of “ that’s not covered” when you do need it and a lot of never had an issue.
I didn’t buy it.
If you plan on using it outside your garage, they probably won’t cover it.

I took out an insurance policy for driving on the street. Never had a problem. 8 years and no issues. I clean it after each use, and rarely take it over 35mph.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The best part of a SxS is the performance with the availability of taking it to a repair shop on Monday after trashing on it all weekend.
I’d say anyone who doesn’t get the extended warranty isn’t very smart imho.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry too much about chasing the last penny to be saved on the purchase. If you’re competitive then I’m listening.

When the thing breaks, and it likely will, and you need it back from the shop the day before you’re leaving on a big trip you’re not going to be saying, “woohoo but I spent 3 weeks saving a thousand dollars on the purchase price!”

I don’t mind these guys making a few dollars as long as it’s competitive. But the second I need you to move me to the front of the line you better remember who I am and then perform.

I usually have this conversation with the dealer pre purchase but armed with the OTD pricing knowledge. I’m usually spending a few hours, not days, and the deal goes smoothly.

Have had more positive “after the sale” experiences than negatives.