WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trump flags

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I wanted to put this in the general chat because it’s not political yet. It will likely get moved and that’s ok......

my gripe: so I bought two Trump flags and a MAGA hat. Figured I would do my part to donate to the cause. Anyway my issue is my wife says no way in hell your flying that flag and wearing that hat. We live in Garden Grove and she is worried about our safety especially with our baby.

my point is it just a flag representing what I like and who I am. No different than a tee shirt of a sports team or anything else. She disagrees.

what does RDP say? Is it just freedom of expression or is it a sign that I welcome a unsafe environment. I think I am right....

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Let's put the shoe on the other foot for a moment....imagine if everyone was flying Newsom flags.

GRADS

Reaction score
I wanted to put this in the general chat because it’s not political yet. It will likely get moved and that’s ok......

my gripe: so I bought two Trump flags and a MAGA hat. Figured I would do my part to donate to the cause. Anyway my issue is my wife says no way in hell your flying that flag and wearing that hat. We live in Garden Grove and she is worried about our safety especially with our baby.

my point is it just a flag representing what I like and who I am. No different than a tee shirt of a sports team or anything else. She disagrees.

what does RDP say? Is it just freedom of expression or is it a sign that I welcome a unsafe environment. I think I am right....
One more thing, I threw out every single red had I owned, and there were many. Mostly Eliminator hats because I had always owned red boats. I didn't want anyone mistaking it for a MAGA hat.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Let's put the shoe on the other foot for a moment....imagine if everyone was flying Newsom flags.

Yeah let’s do this

What about when you use to wear your

We president now, shirt

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

That is exactly the point.. Flying a Newsom flag is not even a concern for you. You would not think twice, nor would I care if you did have a Newsom flag. Yet someone has to second guess themselves flying a Trump flag because there are people so ignorant and consumed with hate, they are ready to cause harm to people or property at the sight of a simple flag on a house or a hat on a head.

Last edited:

D19

Reaction score
I think you need to do what's best for your family. Do you care more about approval from strangers or approval from your wife?

Personally I think wearing/displaying anything political, religious etc is kinda dumb. Just walk the talk and live your life by the standards you believe. That speaks louder than any flag, bumper sticker or hat.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
CFB8BD35-14D5-49F8-865D-DDCD567214B2.jpeg
All that evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
One more thing, I threw out every single red had I owned, and there were many. Mostly Eliminator hats because I had always owned red boats. I didn't want anyone mistaking it for a MAGA hat.

Were you worried you'd get attacked?

GRADS

Reaction score
That is exactly the point.. Flying a Newsom flag is not even a concern for you. You would not think twice, nor would I care if you did have a Newsom flag. Yet someone has to second guess themselves flying a Trump flag because there are people so consumed with hate and ignorant who are ready to cause harm to people or property for a simple flag on a house or a hat on a head.
You are totally wrong on this. I would not fly one for the very same reason I think it's lame when people fly Trump ones.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You are totally wrong on this. I would not fly one for the very same reason I think it's lame when people fly Trump ones.

What am I wrong about? You'd worry about your safety if you put up Gavin Newsom on a pole in front of your house?

We are not talking about if it is lame or not. We are talking about someone being concerned for their well being and property because of a flag.

GRADS

Reaction score
What am I wrong about? You'd worry about your safety if you put up Gavin Newsom on a pole in front of your house?

We are not talking about if it is lame or not. We are talking about someone being concerned for their well being and property because of a flag.
I would not be worried about my safety. I'd be more worried about one of my sick rides getting keyed or something.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I would not be worried about my safety. I'd be more worried about one of my sick rides getting keyed or something.

Because of the Newsom flag? Who is gonna key your car? The homophobe racist xenophobe homeowner walking his dog in your lakeside suburban community?

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
To answer your question, it's both, "freedom of expression AND it's a sign that I welcome a unsafe environment." Your real question is, should I fly the flag and wear the cap. The answer to that question in your particular set of circumstances is NO. This is of course assuming you value your wife's opinion of what a safe environment is.

GRADS

Reaction score
If you even have to ask this question, there lies the answer.:cool:

Ricks raft

Reaction score

As a conservitive most of us wouldn't do a thing other than think your an idiot.
Unlike a large percentage of liberals who will get in your face and insist you accept their way of thinking, you know the "tolerant" left

Tank

Reaction score
Really? You fly a Newsom Flag on your boat or house and you may get the occasional dirty look but I can guarantee no one is going to attack you. That's because no matter how you spin the narrative, it's not the right that are violent, intolerant and deranged. If nothing else, the past 3 years have shown the Liberals true colors. The funniest thing is the irony of it all since the left claims to be so tolerant. If it wasn't such a sad blatant lie it'd be funny.

No, no one cares if you have your support Hilary, feel the burn, I heart Gavin bumper sticker or flag. Fly a Trump flag in the wrong area and you'll be accosted by lunatics and rabid dipshits that refuse to see past their own deranged views.

And while we're on the subject. This is how Trump got elected in the first place. Most that support him didn't feel they needed to be vocal about it. Silent majority. Only now in opposition to the lunacy from the left do you see displays of support for Trump. It's the behavior from the left that has pushed any of that. Conservatives of old were content to respectfully decline to engage in public discussions of politics. They were fine with having their beliefs and the left having theirs. But you see that changing the further crazy the left becomes.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I wouldn't fly the flag for fear of property damage from lib kooks. I'd wear the hat everywhere.
My favorite t-shirt:. Make a conservative angry, lie to him. Make a liberal angry by telling him the truth. I have had half a dozen offers on the street to buy it from me or ask where I got it.

Last edited:

Socalx09

Reaction score
Actually I’d say putting a Newsom Flag is a bit more dangerous these days in SoCal. I don’t know anyone, including Democrats who like him. He is going to basically handcuff teachers next year with his new law about not suspending troubled students.

I wasn’t a fan of anyone in 2016, but I will respect people’s vote. People forget how lucky we are just to vote. So fly the flag! It’s your choice who you voted for! People who have a problem with that need to remember that at a certain point in time, they will be flying a presidents flag that people don’t like. As you might have to accept a flag of a President you don’t agree with. If you want, add a camera so if something does happen, you have some evidence.

The neighbors who fly the Trump flag don’t have an issue. The only issue was when one had the Trump flag higher then the American Flag. Also has a upside down California Flag.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Actually I’d say putting a Newsom Flag is a bit more dangerous these days in SoCal. I don’t know anyone, including Democrats who like him. He is going to basically handcuff teachers next year with his new law about not suspending troubled students.

I wasn’t a fan of anyone in 2016, but I will respect people’s vote. People forget how lucky we are just to vote. So fly the flag! It’s your choice who you voted for! People who have a problem with that need to remember that at a certain point in time, they will be flying a presidents flag that people don’t like. As you might have to accept a flag of a President you don’t agree with. If you want, add a camera so if something does happen, you have some evidence.

The neighbors who fly the Trump flag don’t have an issue. The only issue was when one had the Trump flag higher then the American Flag. Also has a upside down California Flag.

We live in Corona...It's still predominately Republican

I could run a Trump flag and I wouldn't worry about damage in my neighborhood but it would piss off some neighbors I consider friends.

Dana757

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the hats or flags. It's just some do it only for the sole reason to piss off the liberals. And those people have givin the hat, flag or whatever a bad rap. So I would think your wife just does not want to be seen as "that type".

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I suggest this flag instead..

gonz.jpg

For years I thought that flag was just an expression.

I recently learned about the Battle of Gonzalez, and the historical significance of that flag. It’s deep in Texas’ history. The flag was actually flown, and became a rallying symbol for Texas independence and gun culture.

From History.com
In 1835, the president of Mexico, Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, overthrew the constitution and appointed himself dictator. Recognizing that the “American” Texans were likely to use his rise to power as an excuse to secede, Santa Anna ordered the Mexican military to begin disarming the Texans whenever possible. This proved more difficult than expected, and on October 2, 1835, Mexican soldiers attempting to take a small cannon from the village of Gonzales encountered stiff resistance from a hastily assembled militia of Texans. After a brief fight, the Mexicans retreated and the Texans kept their cannon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Interesting perspectives here. For the record the wife won and I am only allowed to fly the flag on my toyhauler. Because she sees other trump flags being flown too.

to me it’s pretty sad you can’t fly a flag anymore. I wonder if the American flag would be ok in Garden Grove

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Ever tried to talk to a person that belongs to a cult ? That’s exact what your dealing with talking to far left / liberal / progressive etc . They all drink the Kool Aid and refuse to educate themselves...maybe we can someday meet in the middle .

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
If Someone were flying or wearing trump gear there’s a very high likelihood they’re also equipped to defend themselves, property and family against danger

I know quite a few who fly trump flags on their homes and for some reason they are also the only homes not getting broke into or cars messed with.

The only time you might get shit from someone would be from @GRADS and the worst he can do is type an offensive post or throw a dilldo at you. No way in hell a snowflake will actually do something face to face.

0F329B3C-B398-48CD-87FA-A0EA85044600.jpeg

Albert

Reaction score
You married a smart women. And to clear to the air, Im not a Trump hater.
Again just sad in general that the country is so divided. Don't over think it . What is more important your point your flag? Or your marriage ?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Interesting perspectives here. For the record the wife won and I am only allowed to fly the flag on my toyhauler. Because she sees other trump flags being flown too.

to me it’s pretty sad you can’t fly a flag anymore. I wonder if the American flag would be ok in Garden Grove

American flag is fine.

robby dmax

Reaction score

Newsom is just a dump stupid fuck head..so let’s not put him is in the same Category as DT
Newsom is just trying to Ruin California Plain and simple

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Meh, who cares. Just like a Pride flag, to each their own. Unfortunately, those with sensitive feelings don't afford others the same courtesy. They respond with violence. I guess violence is a synonym for tolerance in their world.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
They can only push so hard and so long and the other side will stand up for what they believe in.

At the rate we are going I see a civil war in 10-14 years

riverroyal

Reaction score
Fly it, wear it. It will keep all the people you probably wont like away. Thins the heard a bit.
I dont disagree with your wife. But....if your worried about property damage due to a flag you may want to take a good look at where you live and get the fuck out. Thats the problem

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
My neighbors don’t have a problem flying the TRUMP 2020 flag in Havasu but in Garden grove I think your wife is right.

Dana757

Reaction score
Ever tried to talk to a person that belongs to a cult ? That’s exact what your dealing with talking to far left / liberal / progressive etc . They all drink the Kool Aid and refuse to educate themselves...maybe we can someday meet in the middle .
I think that can be said for both right and left winger. Neither are interested in meeting in the middle. Middle of the docktgon maybe. lol

TCHB

Reaction score
People are so mentally deranged by politics on both sides, I wouldn't. I would not be worried about safety, but more the house or cars in the driveway being messed with.
Way too many people think that they are right and do crazy things.
I will be selling my flags so I can buy a new DCB on you. I only make $2 per flag. They will be here soon.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Ok back in the day the republicans party was the wealthy side tax breaks small businesses owners todays world we are looking at races borders how many of you guys really benefit from trump tax breaks because the end day we are just numbers to the government Fly your flags just don’t talk shit about the American flag

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think that can be said for both right and left winger. Neither are interested in meeting in the middle. Middle of the docktgon maybe. lol

You’d be correct.. I believe the far left are enemies of our republic. I also believe quite a few of them (particularly some politicians) should be drug out on the White House lawn and summarily executed.

I think pretty much the entire antifa following should be wiped off the map no different than ISIS or Al Queda..

But that’s just me.