WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do they inspect your boats...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
LEAVING Parker now?

I haven't towed a boat home in decades. Might tow my buddies boat home this weekend. It will be wet.

Any issues to be worried about here?

Thanks.

Singleton

Reaction score
Remove the plugs and anchor.
If dripping water, expect a full flush

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Never had an issue, just pull the plug. Should be plenty dry by the time you get there

boatnam2

Reaction score
Vidal you get waved in for sure, guy hadn't even come to a complete stop last weekend a 2 guys were already looking at stuff.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
If your shit is clean and wiped down, plug out you wont (shouldn't) have issues. I could see messing with some junk that has seaweed hanging off the prop.

Sidenote, I don't even understand the purpose of the stations:confused: Do they ever really find shit?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
This makes zero sense to me...

First, why would the care, if you are on the way out?

Second, how does this work on a Holiday weekend?? I would think there would be a line of boats for miles!!

NicPaus

Reaction score
If your shit is clean and wiped down, plug out you wont (shouldn't) have issues. I could see messing with some junk that has seaweed hanging off the prop.

Sidenote, I don't even understand the purpose of the stations:confused: Do they ever really find shit?
Yes. My buddy pulled out his a anchor and had 3 muscles on it. Quarantine for 30 days no CA lakes.

Slats

Reaction score

Second, how does this work on a Holiday weekend?? I would think there would be a line of boats for miles!!

They only do it when it’s easy for them.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
When I get asked if I have an anchor I say no. Doubt they will ever climb in it
Yes. My buddy pulled out his a anchor and had 3 muscles on it. Quarantine for 30 days no CA lakes.

No shit? How do they quarantine it? just tag it or keep it?

Singleton

Reaction score
How can they enforce/verify this?? :confused:

Reg numbers get logged in system. If you gets stopped on a CA lake they run you reg numbers.
If your on an active quarantine, your day just got ruined and boat can be impounded.

Dana757

Reaction score
They look at mine every time in Vidal. I make sure it's 100% dry, zero weeds on trailer and plugs out. They ask about ropes and anchors but I never have one. Those must be dry also.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Are talking about the stop on the 40? If so they only ask if the plug is out and then have you drive forward slowly so the back of the boat comes to them. All the while they have their hand feeling the side of the boat passing by. Then they check to make sure the plug is out and wave you off.......Never been asked about the anchor.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Reg numbers get logged in system. If you gets stopped on a CA lake they run you reg numbers.
If your on an active quarantine, your day just got ruined and boat can be impounded.
That makes sense. Haven't been on a cali lake in years anyways. Just not much fun.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Are talking about the stop on the 40? If so they only ask if the plug is out and then have you drive forward slowly so the back of the boat comes to them. All the while they have their hand feeling the side of the boat passing by. Then they check to make sure the plug is out and wave you off.......Never been asked about the anchor.

I'm asking about Vidal.

How could this possibly work in Havasu. Good gawd.

Dana757

Reaction score

actually you're on the way in. It's a CA inspection.

NicPaus

Reaction score
That makes sense. Haven't been on a cali lake in years anyways. Just not much fun.
There empty cause of the muscle inspections. Compared to being 1 on 1 off on the weekends.

They log your CF numbers you won't be able to launch or enter the campground if you have been tagged.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The muscles in their early stages aren’t even visible. It takes one tablespoon of water to have millions of these little fuckers in it..

Trying to stop the spread is useless.. Just like everything else it’s all about budgets and money.

I think there is one or two lakes in AZ that still aren’t considered infected. Would be easier (and wiser) to just barr all boats that come from infected lakes on those water ways. Instead now we have inspections and laws and tickets etc on all the lakes that are already infected. Makes no sense.

I asked the state officials point blank at the marine association meeting a few years back. “DO YOU THINK ANY OF THIS WILL ACTUALLY PREVENT THE SPREAD OF THEM?” Their answer came back “no, but we have to try and do something so this is it.”

It’s insane to me that you could actually do something to prevent the spread of them, but virtually nobody was actually interested in doing it?

NicPaus

Reaction score
What's crazier is they acknowledge Lake Pyramid is infested but they are the strictest around on there muscle inspection. If you launch there its 30 days before you can launch at Naci. Why are they still paying state workers to run a muscle inspection stop there if its already to late.

Reactions: DWC

RaceTec

Reaction score
Have everything dry, anchor and plug out... They might check everything... I just always have the anchor out and visible they just glance at it if it is dry...

JayBreww

Reaction score
Who checks the boat if you’re coming from Havasu Landing to Rice road and making a right there at the stop sign?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NicPaus

Reaction score
Who checks the boat if you’re coming from Havasu Landing to Rice road and making a right there at the stop sign?

Nobody on drive home. The muscle inspection to get on the CA lake.

It used to be a fruit check. They never ask about that only care about Quaggas.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Nobody on drive home. The muscle inspection to get on the CA lake.

It used to be a fruit check. They never ask about that only care about Quaggas.

So you’re saying those boats were on the Ca side of Havasu and don’t need inspection?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates.

I guess I know how we are coming home now. Crazy stuff.

NicPaus

Reaction score
So you’re saying those boats were on the Ca side of Havasu and don’t need inspection?

They will if they try on go to a lake in CA. But no inspection station that route on drive back to CA.

The checkpoint does not do much as you are going to be checked before you can launch in CA.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates.

I guess I know how we are coming home now. Crazy stuff.
No big deal unless you have a anchor. 1 inspector checks for plug and plants as other inspector asks do you have a anchor. If you do have anchor put it in bed of the truck clean and quick glance on your way.

On holidays they filter watercraft through 1 line the rest through another. Not bad unless you are behind the Yahoo that has his anchor buried in the boat and takes 10 minutes to get it out.

outboard_256

Reaction score
No big deal unless you have a anchor. 1 inspector checks for plug and plants as other inspector asks do you have a anchor. If you do have anchor put it in bed of the truck clean and quick glance on your way.

On holidays they filter watercraft through 1 line the rest through another. Not bad unless you are behind the Yahoo that has his anchor buried in the boat and takes 10 minutes to get it out.

this. if you make it easy for them they make it easy for you.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

It's not on your way out, it is on your way IN to other lakes in CA.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Its a joke, have the plugs out and they could care less. But if you have a dead palm tree in the back of your truck that is of a species indigenous to Arizona they will practically draw guns on you. Been there done this.

500bbc

Reaction score
moredownpedal.jpg

Yes, friend of mine had them on his Jet Ski anchor rope, they put a tag on it tying it to the trailer and sent a guy out to remove thirty days later.

I had a chick ask if I had a bait tank once.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The muscles in their early stages aren’t even visible. It takes one tablespoon of water to have millions of these little fuckers in it..

Trying to stop the spread is useless.. Just like everything else it’s all about budgets and money.

I think there is one or two lakes in AZ that still aren’t considered infected. Would be easier (and wiser) to just barr all boats that come from infected lakes on those water ways. Instead now we have inspections and laws and tickets etc on all the lakes that are already infected. Makes no sense.

I asked the state officials point blank at the marine association meeting a few years back. “DO YOU THINK ANY OF THIS WILL ACTUALLY PREVENT THE SPREAD OF THEM?” Their answer came back “no, but we have to try and do something so this is it.”

It’s insane to me that you could actually do something to prevent the spread of them, but virtually nobody was actually interested in doing it?

They would just rather collect the revenue of of new regulations that do nothing :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Its a joke, have the plugs out and they could care less. But if you have a dead palm tree in the back of your truck that is of a species indigenous to Arizona they will practically draw guns on you. Been there done this.

Did you return fire?

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
The inspection at Naci is never the same. Always a different group of inspectors. Sometimes they check the bilge area and have you drop the outdrive. Sometimes they don't even look at all. They do have you sign a form, under penalty of perjury, that the boat was not in an infected body of water. After you leave, you can have the boat tagged for the next trip back.

Wbinder

Reaction score
Last time we went through they were inspecting boats while big rigs containing who knows what in them
Went straight on through without any inspection. I don’t know all the laws for big rigs but seems like I’d be more concerned with what’s in those trailers vs mussels on boats

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
I'm asking about Vidal.

How could this possibly work in Havasu. Good gawd.
I drove through two weeks back and had the anchor and anything else questionable in the bed of the truck and dry like others said no plug no weeds and was not even asked one question they gave me a little slip stating I passed the inspection and was sent on my way just use your brain and your good to go.

I have heard from a neighbor that they quarantined his brothers boat for two weeks to let is dry out and they stored it in the gated yard behind them he had to come back for it two weeks later and was not happy about it. So not sure what his deal was but I had no issue with the boys boat coming back.

Good Luck

Cobalt232

Reaction score
We took the boat up to Lake Powell last week. Before Powell became infected, they would check boats before entering. Now that Powell is infected, they inspect boats on the ramp on the last day of your trip. They inspected, dock lines, fenders, fender lines, anchors, and had to put outdrive down to drain. They tag the boat saying it has been inspected and is mussel free. They also ask where the boat is going next and how long it will be out of the water. I don't mind if it can at least slow down the remaining lakes from getting infested for awhile until they come up with a way to kill these things.

A few years ago, at the inspection station on I-40 I once had wet towels in the footwells of the Jet Skis. Got a lecture about beach towels that day.

4Waters

Reaction score

No shit? How do they quarantine it? just tag it or keep it?

How can they enforce/verify this?? :confused:
My buddy got inspected coming back from Parker, had a strand of grass with a mussel on it hanging from the bunk. They locked the boat to the trailer gave him a number to call in 30 days and a Fish and Game officer will come and reinspect and remove the lock, unfortunately it rained the day before and the boat was soaking wet, another 30 days:mad:.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Check the trailer to be sure there isn't any grass hanging. It gets caught between the hull and the bunks sometimes. Or over the axle.
Before your trip lower your outdrive so it drains completely, they may ask you to do that in front of them.
Be sure your ropes and anchor are clean and dry.
Towel out your bilge.

They don't always check in detail, but sure better safe than sorry!!

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Watch out for the four eyed dude at vidal. He seems nice but he's a real by the book cocksucker! Plus he'll keep you there while he does the paper work and can't figure out how use the computer.
Ask me how I know... :mad:
I'd advise everyone to stash the anchor and all lines in the back seat of the truck and bury them under your luggage. And I always tell them I have two sets because I learned the hard way. :D

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I don’t get how the wake board boat even pass . Most have the water sacks and they will never dry out

But they don’t give a shit about that .

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I love Michigan.
The lakes in Michigan are already infected. No reason for an inspection. :rolleyes:
Another major threat involves the fouling of native freshwater mussels. Since quaggas were discovered in Lake Michigan in 1998, plankton rings formed by the passage of storms have been eaten away by the quagga mussels, threatening the local ecosystem.[4]

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
I love Wisconsin. :p

What a goat fuck you guys deal with out there. o_O

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
The lakes in Michigan are already infected. No reason for an inspection. :rolleyes:
Another major threat involves the fouling of native freshwater mussels. Since quaggas were discovered in Lake Michigan in 1998, plankton rings formed by the passage of storms have been eaten away by the quagga mussels, threatening the local ecosystem.[4]
Its zebra mussels here. Ainy a damn thing anyone is doing about it either. They were brought in by bilge water from freighters.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
What's crazier is they acknowledge Lake Pyramid is infested but they are the strictest around on there muscle inspection. If you launch there its 30 days before you can launch at Naci. Why are they still paying state workers to run a muscle inspection stop there if its already to late.
I know a couple people that have found adult quagga muscles in Naci but yet the authorities still deny it. They always will too.
I don’t get how the wake board boat even pass . Most have the water sacks and they will never dry out

But they don’t give a shit about that .
This right here!!! No blast tank is easily inspected and without a Tahoe like boiling water flush...... Everything else is a complete waste of time.

100% inspection or nothing at all!!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
I know a couple people that have found adult quagga muscles in Naci but yet the authorities still deny it. They always will too.This right here!!! No blast tank is easily inspected and without a Tahoe like boiling water flush...... Everything else is a complete waste of time.

100% inspection or nothing at all!!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
They admit they're in Pyramid, they admit they're in Piru, they admit they're in the Forbay behind Castiac, they admit that Pyramid feeds all of these lakes and that the Forbay feeds Castiac but they won't admit they're in Castiac. They think everyone is a dumbass liberal in California and everyone will believe whatever they are told, but those of us that don't have our heads up our asses can connect the dots, I mean we learned how to do that in kindergarten.