WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP Ginger Baker

Dog boy

Reaction score
To bad he was by far one of the best. If you were not lucky enough to see him play live I suggest watching a Cream concert video. The reunion concert a few years back shows just how good this guy was even in his latter years.RIP

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
A legendary member of a legendary band.... RIP Mr Baker....Add a kick ass drummer to that big band in the sky....
Ray

johnnyC

Reaction score
very distinctive drumming style, you can always tell if it was him, beat those drums to death... too bad

HST4ME

Reaction score
A total rotten asshole of a prick and an amazing musician.. he probably has the devil backed into a corner crying and sucking his thumb by now lol.

sintax

Reaction score
sad deal, so heart breaking to see all these legends go. Losing Robert Hunter last week was really tough on the mind.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
What an incredible drummer Ginger Baker was, far better than most of the drummers from is era. As a person and a Father he struggled, RIP Mr Baker.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Knew it was coming...RIP Mr Baker...

rrrr

Reaction score
I became aware of rock music around 1967, when I was 10. This awareness was driven by the release of Cream's Disraeli Gears album.

I think Sunshine of Your Love and SWLABR are great examples of Ginger Baker's talent and playing style. He had been playing jazz in Great Britain's clubs for years, and his double bass drum kit was the basis for some fantastic beats and fills.

Ginger Baker, Eric Clapton, and Jack Bruce created the underpinnings of what became an amazing period in rock and roll, the five years between 1966 and 1971. I witnessed it, heard over AM radio two minutes and thirty seconds at a time on static filled airwaves.

RIP

SWLABR...

Last edited:

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I'm going back to the late 60s can't forget Blind Faith.. Incredible talent..

"Badge and Can't find my way home"...... my favs

I had the "new improved album cover".. A friend somehow had the censored album cover...

As a little horny adolescent I spent waaaaaaay too much time at his house playing (and staring) at his copy

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I became aware of rock music around 1967, when I was 10. This awareness was driven by the release of Cream's Disraeli Gears album.

I think Sunshine of Your Love and SWLABR are great examples of Ginger Baker's talent and playing style. He had been playing jazz in Great Britain's clubs for years, and his double bass drum kit was the basis for some fantastic beats and fills.

Ginger Baker, Eric Clapton, and Jack Bruce created the underpinnings of what became an amazing period in rock and roll, the five years between 1966 and 1971. I witnessed it, heard over AM radio two minutes and thirty seconds at a time on static filled airwaves.

RIP

SWLABR...

I had no idea who he was until that album came out and my buddy brought it home. Listened to it a buncha times and was hooked.....Great album by great band with so much talent.

RIP Ginger B