WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Nautique Paragon Surf Boat. Close to 300k!

Raffit78

Reaction score
Next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
These boats have some great features but are sooooo single minded (wake sports) that it destroys the area for everybody else. And at 7400lbs dry weight, it won't be able to NOT make a massive wake.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Sherpa

Reaction score
I still say it today, tomorrow, and said it yesterday.

you take a POS BAYLINER from 1972, 24 footer, and fill the bitch with lead, wake plates, and run it. just as fricken good as the
"new surf boats" of today. and you'll have 256K left in your pocket; er, loan amount to buy a house.

what a joke.

boats for those with more fricken money than any sort of brains. maybe the Jenner girls will buy 5 or 6.

--Sherpa

HitIt

Reaction score
I actually like wake surfing (far, far way from anyone that wants to go fast). My friend just got a new Malibu with the ski hull, wedge, sacks, surf gate, etc. The wake is amazing when you want it to be and super flat when you want it to be. Also planes well and you can cruise it. It is a great family boat.

This thing is stupid. And the Sea-Deck everywhere is sort of ridiculous. Ass for every seat...

squeezer

Reaction score
Amazing technology... But the design makes me want to hurl.

Would like to have a friend with one...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Oh ya..... great boat!

Can't wait to see some Piece Of Shit kid with no common sense behind the wheel of dad's new boat, throwing up "the perfect wake"!!
And laughing as they swamp boats all over.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Loo Dog

Reaction score
$256k??? It’s obviously aimed at the Pavati “throw your money away” type buyer. Holy profit margin, Batman.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
During the video the guy says it has a high freeboard to stay dry when the water is choppy.......like it will be when this boat and a couple of others are done lol

rrrr

Reaction score
I know I know.....but damn I'd love to surf behind that. Right body of water and it would be a killer time. I know,,,,not Parker

What's the point of doing right and left turns across a boat wake for miles? Judging from videos, anyone older than seven can master the "sport".

Then there's the ten people in the boat watching this exciting spectacle. "Ohhh man, bro, he's shredding it!" "No shit, dog, the way he ran down that four foot high wake was fuckin' killer!"

:rolleyes:

farmo83

Reaction score
I can feel the dock repair bills adding up now.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
I don't quite know what to say....other than, WHY?

At 7400lbs it's a pig and those 4' wakes are going to ruin any lake/river it goes on.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
If I could afford one, I would love to own one. Amazing technology on this boat. True show stopper.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2Driver

Reaction score
300,000 invested at 5% is 15,000 and that is 3 nice trips to Hawaii to go surfing and I still have my 300,000.

LOL Did the guy in the vid refer to the wake as a “set”.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Nautique and other mfgs should have to start a compensation fund for victims who suffer losses made by this dock destroyer. Let them build that into their sales price and see how that goes on future designs. Because it seems to be going the wrong way.

rvrrun

Reaction score
I guess someone had to design a boat to make the Pavati look nice.

That Paragon will look perfect being towed behind the new Silverado.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck your dock

If i had fuck you money id definitely buy one.

This thing is a masterpiece from a design standpoint. Its amazing the amount of technology these things have now a days.

They have literally thought of everything

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Glad I don’t own a dock. ;):rolleyes:

Isn’t surfing done at the beach :p

brgrcru

Reaction score
I actually like wake surfing (far, far way from anyone that wants to go fast). My friend just got a new Malibu with the ski hull, wedge, sacks, surf gate, etc. The wake is amazing when you want it to be and super flat when you want it to be. Also planes well and you can cruise it. It is a great family boat.

This thing is stupid. And the Sea-Deck everywhere is sort of ridiculous. Ass for every seat...

We bought the Malibu VTX diamond cut hull , this year. Fully loaded to the max.
140k list price , we got for 91k out the door.
It's 20' has 3500lbs of ballast, the wedge, surf gate and a great wake for boarding and skiing .
We usually hang on the delta away from everyone , doesn't matter what we are doing .
The boat is so much fun , that we spend hours playing .

Surf we don't even fill everything up. No need to too.
The wakeboarding wake can be adjusted from steep to nice ramps with wedge and some ballast.
The ski wake is Almost tourney level . Above 32 mph.

For families that like to play .
They are the greatest .

farmo83

Reaction score
My .02 is that eventually someone will get hurt or worse shoveling into the wake on one of these things and then all legislative bodies will spring into action and write laws that don't make any real sense and won't solve anything.

As far as the boat itself I'm sure it's cutting edge for what it is, but it's just not my cup of tea.

2Driver

Reaction score
The biggest advancement is the built-in weather app that tells you when to take it out of the slip.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
My .02 is that eventually someone will get hurt or worse shoveling into the wake on one of these things and then all legislative bodies will spring into action and write laws that don't make any real sense and won't solve anything.

As far as the boat itself I'm sure it's cutting edge for what it is, but it's just not my cup of tea.
Legislative bodies aren't going to do anything. The ferry to the landing, London Bridge river tour boats and the powell tour boat all put out wakes bigger than a wakeboard boat. Ask those that have been to LOTO, cruiser wakes make wake boats look like child's play.

Singleton

Reaction score
Legislative bodies aren't going to do anything. The ferry to the landing, London Bridge river tour boats and the powell tour boat all put out wakes bigger than a wakeboard boat. Ask those that have been to LOTO, cruiser wakes make wake boats look like child's play.

No, but HOA’s will. The HOA for the lake where my family has owned a cabin in Wisconsin, passed rules that don’t allow any boat with ballast tanks or the usage of ballast bags on the lake. All boats on lake must go through an annual HOA inspection to use the ramp. Rules were passed by over 80% of homeowners. Before I sold my share in the cabin, I had to replace the dock multiple times, so I supported the rules.

guest hs

Reaction score
Info released today. Ill see it in person tomorrow in Georgia at my Nautique national dealer meeting. Dry weight is 7400lbs!! and Base price with no options or a trailer is 265k.

https://www.nautique.com/models/super-air-nautique-g23-paragon/overview

Info released today. Ill see it in person tomorrow in Georgia at my Nautique national dealer meeting. Dry weight is 7400lbs!! and Base price with no options or a trailer is 265k.

https://www.nautique.com/models/super-air-nautique-g23-paragon/overview
For that price I would buy a new 25 Daytona and a used Schiada Vdrive!

ramos45

Reaction score
Nautique and other mfgs should have to start a compensation fund for victims who suffer losses made by this dock destroyer. Let them build that into their sales price and see how that goes on future designs. Because it seems to be going the wrong way.

No, so it's the manufacture's fault the ass clown don't exercise caution on using the product?

PlanB

Reaction score

I can run through the Tecopa wake full speed without issue. Wake boat wakes when wave surfing are much steeper and will jar the shit out of my passengers if I don’t slow down.

Wbinder

Reaction score
The more these things come out with all this over the top crap the more I wants a 19 footer with two seats and a bench no carpet and a two stroke outboard hanging off the back. And a ghetto blaster to put on the dash for dam floats

gqchris

Reaction score
The more these things come out with all this over the top crap the more I wants a 19 footer with two seats and a bench no carpet and a two stroke outboard hanging off the back. And a ghetto blaster to put on the dash for dam floats

Thats what I did! Back to simplicity. Has been a great decision!

brgrcru

Reaction score

Lower River is calling your name

floatn turd

Reaction score
tumblr_73acab0b6e202fd4960bcbff99e70c34_837bae71_1280.jpg

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
The boats are not the problem, it is the operator and their judgment. Much like guns don’t kill people, people kill people. Boats don’t kill docks, people kill docks. Haters gonna hate! These boats have more technology, more creature comforts, are more diverse, and are more user friendly than 99% of the performance boat market. Love it or hate it, they are going the same speed through the channel and the no wake zone as your 1350 powered cat. And more than likely, have more pussy on board than you do!

rrrr

Reaction score
Boats don’t kill docks, people kill docks.

That's not true. Anytime the boat is used for what it was built to do, it throws out a wake that will cause damage to other boats and fixed structures. If someone is running one of these boats up the river in Parker with surfers, they're fucking up someone's property.

Operater judgement doesn't come into play. Surfer up, damage.

The "haters gonna hate" bullshit ignores laws that say boaters are responsible for damage caused by their boats. At some point, waterfront owners are going to join together and document date, time, place, and registration numbers with hi res video shot from shore, and enforcement of those laws is going to happen.

Property owners are going to rebel when they have to spend five figures a few times to repair dock and shoreline damage caused by dipshits with no respect for others that basically say "Fuck you" when confronted.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
They occasionally sell a $240.000+ WB Boat at our NPB dealer.
We’re close friends with our sales guy and he frankly told us though the boats are good, after the first trip blush wears off their is serious buyers remorse.
They want to sell them and take a murderous beating on resale value if they can sell them at all.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
7400lbs empty? That means F450 minimum to tow it safely.

rvrrun

Reaction score
We watched the walk through video last night when my wife got home. I love the new transom design with the flip over lounges and board access from the swim step. I also like the Bimini extension idea they borrowed from Malibu. The price of this boat is so over the top because it doesn't need any options added on except for the stereo upgrades. There are a ton of things Nautique did right with this boat. I still can't get behind the faceted look of it.

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
We bought the Malibu VTX diamond cut hull , this year. Fully loaded to the max.
140k list price , we got for 91k out the door.
It's 20' has 3500lbs of ballast, the wedge, surf gate and a great wake for boarding and skiing .
We usually hang on the delta away from everyone , doesn't matter what we are doing .
The boat is so much fun , that we spend hours playing .

Surf we don't even fill everything up. No need to too.
The wakeboarding wake can be adjusted from steep to nice ramps with wedge and some ballast.
The ski wake is Almost tourney level . Above 32 mph.

For families that like to play .
They are the greatest .

Made the same purchase this summer, and are also really happy.

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
Apply that logic to the firearms manufacturers. Or vehicle manufacturers. Slippery slope.