WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Chevy Blazer thoughts

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, not a real off road vehicle, dis-service to the name, yada yada. I checked out an RS model today. Holy crap! It was bad ass. Had all kinds of cool features. Camaro inspired interior, leather with red stitching, AWD, huge sun roof, just melt into the seats and way way more room inside than you would expect looking at it. Thinking it would be a good everyday driver. Just kicking tires as my Colorado lease is up soon. Anyone have one? Pros? Cons?

B418EBB8-796C-48CF-882C-38FFAF072D54.jpeg

NicPaus

Reaction score
I did not see one at auto show yesterday. I checked out a Traverse as Sister is interested in one. It was nice I could fit in it and drive comfortably to the river. It was loaded and sticker was 55k the Tahoe next to it was similar and 75k. I checked out the GMC which was a little bit smaller and to tight for me to drive.

Reactions: TPC

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
I did not see one at auto show yesterday. I checked out a Traverse as Sister is interested in one. It was nice I could fit in it and drive comfortably to the river. It was loaded and sticker was 55k the Tahoe next to it was similar and 75k. I checked out the GMC which was a little bit smaller and to tight for me to drive.
It is shorter and not as tall as the Traverse but has a wider stance. Weighs less too. Not having the 3rd row of seats let’s them move the rear seat back making it really roomy. The rear seats are fully adjustable and even recline! I was go hum when I saw it but then sat in it and drove and was blown away.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Gotcha. They might of had 1 then. Was looking at the ones with 3rd row seating. Now I wish I would of checked it out. Went to look at work trucks and spent 5 more hours there than planned checking out the SUVs and cars.

Reactions: BTR

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Not a fan but if you are buy it!

Personally, I'd check out the Mazda SUVs - likely much better and longer lasting

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Not a fan but if you are buy it!

Personally, I'd check out the Mazda SUVs - likely much better and longer lasting
It looks like a CX-5 knock off. As a Chevy guy, I’m annoyed they wasted the Blazer brand on this vehicle. That said, it could be a nice soccer mom/commuter vehicle.

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
It's probably not a bad vehicle, but it's certainly not a Blazer. Chevy missed the boat on this one.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
I like the way it looks, but I am disappointed that they used the Blazer name for it.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

My sentiments exactly. It’s cool with tons of technology but feels wrong calling it a Blazer. The rear view mirror is actually a video from a camera that has a wide angle view. You can move the camera around with a little toggle switch on the bottom of the “mirror”. Lots of cool little things like that.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Yeah, I know, not a real off road vehicle, dis-service to the name, yada yada. I checked out an RS model today. Holy crap! It was bad ass. Had all kinds of cool features. Camaro inspired interior, leather with red stitching, AWD, huge sun roof, just melt into the seats and way way more room inside than you would expect looking at it. Thinking it would be a good everyday driver. Just kicking tires as my Colorado lease is up soon. Anyone have one? Pros? Cons?

View attachment 804803

Looks like my girlfriends $22,000 2019 Honda HR-V, only that “Blazer” is probably $50k.

807A8EC0-D2A5-444D-A423-21070AF05E14.jpeg

Last edited:

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
You’re screwing with us, right?.....

No. We have a Tahoe and an old 06 Duramax. My daily driver is a Colorado. Lease is coming up. Had a Camaro SS before the Colorado. Fun car but ridiculously impractical if you have kids. Have never towed with or used the bed of the Colorado. Not keen on sedans and really like the practicality of the Tahoe so I thought the small SUV thing might work. Have never owned anything not by an American car company. Don’t plan on starting now. All that led me to the Blazer. Not buying. Leasing. Don’t like it in a couple years, not out much.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Looks absolutely nothing like a blazer should look... Pass....

NicPaus

Reaction score
This SUV was my favorite. Driver comfort and layout. Sat in the Navigator before it.
20191005_171942.jpg

wallnutz

Reaction score
No. We have a Tahoe and an old 06 Duramax. My daily driver is a Colorado. Lease is coming up. Had a Camaro SS before the Colorado. Fun car but ridiculously impractical if you have kids. Have never towed with or used the bed of the Colorado. Not keen on sedans and really like the practicality of the Tahoe so I thought the small SUV thing might work. Have never owned anything not by an American car company. Don’t plan on starting now. All that led me to the Blazer. Not buying. Leasing. Don’t like it in a couple years, not out much.
I say if you are leasing go for it. It’s not bad looking inside or out.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Looks like a Mazda CX-5 and a Lexus had a Love Child, lol. Like others said, it’s a good looking vehicle but it’s unfortunate Chevy chose to use the Blazer badging on this.

Personally I think it’s a lot overpriced. You can get a CX-5 for about $15K less and it’s much better built IMO.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
The interior is what caught my attention. Looks tight but it is super roomy.

7C7D7FFC-982B-4D88-B0AE-8CF57E9D3A3E.jpeg

E843847B-7048-4141-A9E3-A243411F7220.jpeg

wzuber

Reaction score
fwiw- (meaning if these 2 veh. are similar enough to make a reasonable comparison) my wife bought a 2019 traverse redline edition with full leather int., the 320 hp v6 & 5k towing capacity. It rides very nice, has great power, acceleration etc. and has been a solid purchase so far.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Let's hope fords bronco release is made for men . :p:D

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
..... and it’s much better built IMO.

Nobody can truly say that yet since they are just now starting to hit showroom floors and it's a brand new model.

Rebadged Chevy Equinox

Nope. Totally different car. This is larger than the equinox but smaller than the traverse.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I personally changed the way I buy vehicles a while ago. I look at depreciation first. I always look at the listings of cars 3 years old and see what they are selling for. This way I can always dump it if I don't like it and it doesn't hurt, sell if I have a financial situation, or at least know I am going to have something worth a damn after 5 or so years. Toyota's sell for top dollar. 4 Runners are crazy! Diesel trucks...hold their value for many years. Jeep Wranglers also maintain high numbers. Just my .02

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
When I ask'd opinions on a truck we were considering members chimed in we were crazy and should buy the Ford 6.0 diesel instead.
Same guys later recommended the Ford 6.4 to others.
Free advice is worth what you paid for it.
I see some of them are back in this thread with astute opinions.

We looked at the Blazer and were even able to drive one. Nice. I mean really nice.
What turned us off is a good friend just sold his GMC Dealership and told us his biggest problem was GM not honoring warranties anymore.
Then, the $55K price.

Mazda dealers will immediately knock a few thousand off the already low CX5 price to where it's about half the Blazer. That is some serious bank and something serious to think about.
The Blazer is just way too overpriced. Just too far out there.

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
Chevy screwed the pooch on this one. It looks like a Hyundai with a Chevy logo on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Without a 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and a 10 year on the drive train.

guest hs

Reaction score

View attachment 804803
Looks like a nice car but it should have never retained the Blazer name!

BajaMike

Reaction score
Maybe slightly from the front corner shot. But the Blazer is much larger and I recall reading it has WAY more legroom in the 2nd row as well

You are right, I just meant the look from the front corner view of the Blazer. The HR-V is a much smaller, less powerful car, not really comparable at all, but it does have plenty of room for 4 big guys. I was just commenting on the looks, almost all the new import SUVs/crossovers look the same now.

H2O

Reaction score
https://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/blazer-2019

• Highs: Seriously sporty driving responses, enthusiastic V-6 engine, no shortage of desirable features.
  • Lows: Top features reserved for top trims, larger wheels diminish ride quality, not a great value.
  • Verdict: Chevy's flashiest crossover is enjoyable to drive but can be expensive to buy.

Albert

Reaction score
It will be worth 30k in two years .

NicPaus

Reaction score
The Traverse started at 32k this that much more? Fully loaded top of the line AWD Traverse was 55k.

DaveH

Reaction score
when i saw it on tv i thought "lame".

then i was down at the chevy dealer for some parts and saw one on the floor.

lets say i was impressed.

i just dont understand why...other then name recognition, they called it a blazer. otherwise i thought it was very impressive.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
If the back roof is not removable, IT'S NOT A BLAZER.
If it doesn't come with a V 8 standard, IT'S NOT A BLAZER.
If it doesn't have the option to have a manual transmission, IT'S NOT A BLAZER.
If you can't fit 33s on it without a lift kit, THEN IT DEFINITELY IS NOT A BLAZER!

if you happen to buy an actual Blazer, I'll buy you a sticker :D
15704987049861375087431.jpg