WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The music you play at the Sand Bar or Dunes

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I always invest in a good sound system in our boats and OHV's.
Sometimes someone in the group will ask me to play mine when we're at the sand bar or dunes unless they bought one of my past OHV's and they play that sound system.
They can play their itunes or I'll play mine I ask them.

I have a good blend of Country on one playlist, and a mix of rock on another. All hits.
The girls in the groups like songs like My Church, Maren Morris that they all sing along too, or a Suzy Bogus or a Shania tune.
Chix tunes about 1 in 30 or maybe even 40 we'll usually play. That's a couple chix tunes a trip.

This past year a guy in the group got pretty worked up when the girls played one of their hits. He was shook and left. Made quite a scene. Blindsided us all. Pistol Annies, Takin' Pills was the tune the girls played.

Damfino why people react like that.
Ya have anyone in your group that is music sensitive?

rvrrun

Reaction score
I play the stuff that makes MilkMoney say "what the hell is that".

Getting upset about a song doesn't make that much sense (your friend, not MM).

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
I learn a long time ago, let my wife control the music that is played.
However, I avoid stereo wars. If I can hear someone else’s stereo mine gets turned off. Then again, I am the one who will walk over and ask for your rap music to be turned off or down if the language crosses the line when my daughter is with us

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
I appriciate and enjoy a large variety of music and my system cannot compete with anyone so I like it when a boat next to me turns upthe tunest. The only way I get angry enough to leave is straight vulgarity in rap or if more than one boat is blasting different music. Nothing worse than someone playing classic rock and the boat next to them playing country.

DWC

Reaction score
It’s mostly country for our normal group. I used to spend a little chunk on iTunes at the beginning of each season making the perfect playlists. Spent countless hours getting them in the “right” order. A little expensive and more time than it’s worth.
If the kids are with us i had a top 40 list with songs i didn’t hate playlist we’d fire up.
Now it’s 99% Pandora with a huge variety. Newer country, Chris Stapleton, Motown, Today’s hits, Pearl Jam and Dr. Dre/Snoop Dog (in honor of my LBC roots :D).
I can’t get myself to spend the money to get the boat/dirt car systems upgraded though. Have a wet sounds bar in the can Am and stock radio in the boat. Some day.

grumpy88

Reaction score
The music man in our group has one rule . Don't touch his stuff . If you want to hear a different song or want it louder or softer just ask . We travel with good people

JD D05

Reaction score
Never seen anyone freak out over a song played. I listen to everything from 50's rock, country, a little older rap and "house" music. Lot's of Puscifer.

I like stuff like this a lot...But right after I will play Jinks ha.

mobldj

Reaction score
the music at the sandbars sucks. to many played at once on shitty roll bar speakers that sound like tuna cans. or all bass where the wood screws holding their upolstery down are backing out.i know good sound,thats not good sound.lol

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Most of us try to leave the big city for peace and quiet. Leave the ghetto hip hop and rap crap back in the ghetto. Play music with real musicians and meaning. Not everyone cares to hear music about smoking dope, making it rain dolla bills and killing each other :rolleyes:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We were at the Sand Drags and a guy and his kids pulled up next to us in a new Rzr to watch the races. He asked me to demo our New Rockford Fosgate Sound system he was also considering buying. Expensive, ya really gotta think it over.

I played a string of Country Songs like Tennessee Whiskey, Chicken Fried and the like.

Then someone else walked up and asked if I'd show them how it works linking it up and pairing it to the iPhone.
He linked up his iphone and played Mambo #5 from his playlist as the first guys wife rolled up on her Quad.
The guys wife heard Mambo#5 and grew razor blades for fingernails and went at us like a split tongue viper over that one tune.

Damfino how to work with that.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
We were at the Sand Drags and a guy and his kids pulled up next to us in a new Rzr to watch the races. He asked me to demo our New Rockford Fosgate Sound system he was also considering buying. Expensive, ya really gotta think it over.

I played a string of Country Songs like Tennessee Whiskey, Chicken Fried and the like.

Then someone else walked up and asked if I'd show them how it works linking it up and pairing it to the iPhone.
He linked up his iphone and played Mambo #5 from his playlist as the first guys wife rolled up on her Quad.
The guys wife heard Mambo#5 and grew razor blades for fingernails and went at us like a split tongue viper over that one tune.

Did you tell her to buy her own stereo if she didn't like yours :)

Englewood

Reaction score
I quit playing my stereo when lots of people are around...There is always one dope who feels the need to say "who's music is this?" because he's not a fan. There is always 1.

JD D05

Reaction score

I love my Rockford setup in my boat.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I love my Rockford setup in my boat.

I'm a little bit of a fan :D

cup.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I don't play my music to entertain everyone else around me. In fact, only time I use my bone stock boat stereo is when we're in a cove alone.....and not so people 2 coves over can hear it but just perfectly loud enough for us to enjoy.
Genre's are anything from 80's new wave, reggae and current upbeat EDM stuff.

gqchris

Reaction score
Never seen anyone freak out over a song played. I listen to everything from 50's rock, country, a little older rap and "house" music. Lot's of Puscifer.

I like stuff like this a lot...But right after I will play Jinks ha.

Thanks for some adds for my playlist JD. Great tunes.

gqchris

Reaction score
Most of us try to leave the big city for peace and quiet. Leave the ghetto hip hop and rap crap back in the ghetto. Play music with real musicians and meaning. Not everyone cares to hear music about smoking dope, making it rain dolla bills and killing each other :rolleyes:

I agree, but Sunday I was parked next to a boat that was bumping Stagecoach country all day. That shit got old quick also.

Its all relevant to what someone is in the mood for. There is no perfect playlist and I stopped trying to be DJ years ago. lol

And the ghetto hip hop makes the chicks bounce their ass, so if thats the case, Im down to watch!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I agree, but Sunday I was parked next to a boat that was bumping Stagecoach country all day. That shit got old quick also.

Its all relevant to what someone is in the mood for. There is no perfect playlist and I stopped trying to be DJ years ago. lol

And the ghetto hip hop makes the chicks bounce their ass, so if thats the case, Im down to watch!

Word. Leave that country shit back on the farm. :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Off-roading it’s mostly country l.. Boating it’s a variety of hip hop / pop / country etc..

Kind of whatever I am in the mood for. I keep it pg if there’s other kids around.. Keep it kinda pg / R... maybe sometimes more than R ifnits my kids. Lol.

Last edited:

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
just a bunch of old rockers.... Stones, ACSC, WHO, Petty... etc...

PS, my boys LOVE my tunes...

I'll throw in county also... love me some Garth

jetur

Reaction score
We don't have any music sensitive people in our group. We mainly listen to country because I have all of the loud systems and that's what I like.
I got sick and tired of having to listen to others music over my own at Nascar years ago. So I bought a full on bar PA system and keep it in the toyhauler. (Comparable to when the karaoke dude brings his system into your local hole in the wall bar). It's a pain in the ass to set it up but worth it especially if you're camping for an extended period of time.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
We don't have any music sensitive people in our group. We mainly listen to country because I have all of the loud systems and that's what I like.
I got sick and tired of having to listen to others music over my own at Nascar years ago. So I bought a full on bar PA system and keep it in the toyhauler. (Comparable to when the karaoke dude brings his system into your local hole in the wall bar). It's a pain in the ass to set it up but worth it especially if you're camping for an extended period of time.

That's how I roll in my shop after smoking multiple home stereo amps and receivers. Neighbors aren't fans but have some how learned to adapt.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I’ll throw on Mickey Avalon, My Dick every now and then when bumping in glamis. The wives go batshit crazy to turn it off. Lol

But the intent is usually to clear out the random family that decides to set up camp with in spitting distance from a group that has primarily drunk adults misbehaving. Sometimes it works, we go for a ride come back and they’re gone. Other times they’ll come over and say hi.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
just a bunch of old rockers.... Stones, ACSC, WHO, Petty... etc...

PS, my boys LOVE my tunes...

I'll throw in county also... love me some Garth

I LOVE ACSC. Especially their hit “How do you plug it in?” :D:D:p

77charger

Reaction score
You cant ever please everyone theres always that one who has to complain about one song or whatever.I dont play my boat stereo much unless im back at camp and sitting in the boat at night or resting on the water oh yeh the drive back to needles from topock too.

As for the channel or wherever too many dualing radios it actually sounds like shit half the time.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
We use a JBL boom box through blue tooth. I place my boat between there noise and my camp. They can't hear mine and the boat usually covers most of theirs. Unless it's a roll bar boat then you are screwed on shore and on the water.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
We use a JBL boom box through blue tooth. I place my boat between there noise and my camp. They can't hear mine and the boat usually covers most of theirs. Unless it's a roll bar boat then you are screwed on shore and on the water. Classic rock,80s dance, some newer rock, country is my buddy's wife requests it.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Rap and Country I don't get. To be fair a lot of people give me funny looks when I play hair metal or 70s rock. Even funnier looks when I play Rocka Rolla (Judas Priest), Metal Magic (Pantera), or With Sympathy (Ministry). For shits and giggles I'll play Falco.

Deckin Around

Reaction score

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
You cant ever please everyone theres always that one who has to complain about one song or whatever.I dont play my boat stereo much unless im back at camp and sitting in the boat at night or resting on the water oh yeh the drive back to needles from topock too.

As for the channel or wherever too many dualing radios it actually sounds like shit half the time.

You're doing it right Robert!

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Country mainly...sometimes rap

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Actually now that I think about it hairbands get mixed in some as well.. lol

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Sometimes someone in the group will ask me to play mine when we're at the sand bar or dunes unless they bought one of my past OHV's and they play that sound system.

I have a good blend of Country on one playlist, and a mix of rock on another. All hits.
The girls in the groups like songs like My Church, Maren Morris that they all sing along too, or a Suzy Bogus or a Shania tune.
Chix tunes about 1 in 30 or maybe even 40 we'll usually play. That's a couple chix tunes a trip.

This past year a guy in the group got pretty worked up when the girls played one of their hits. He was shook and left. Made quite a scene. Blindsided us all. Pistol Annies, Takin' Pills was the tune the girls played.

Hahahaha I’ve never heard that song, nor of the group. Song is awesome, my wife who’s not a country music fan is slowly slowly converting l, i sent it to her! Can’t wait to see if she likes it.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
My favorite! Anyone who has not heard that song, check it out.

I remember a few weekends on your Nordic with Nelly's "Pimp Juice" on repeat. :D:cool: That boat thumped!!

It has always amazed me how a certain song played at a certain time maybe on a certain boat will leave a "stain" in your mental hard drive.
For me that gives great satisfaction!

Boat 405

Reaction score

Music and opinions. Why force someone to listen to them? Different strokes for different folks. Be respectful.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Can't stand rap, but wouldn't get mad if someone played it. I would stay very long if that is all they played. I like country and classic rock.