WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hole in One

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Wondering if any of you golfers have had a Hole in One ?

perhaps...

maybe...

In San Juan Capistrano at San Juan Hills Golf Club

On hole 9

at 156 yards

with a 5 iron

one bounce

roll of 15 feet

drops beautifully into hole....

because I got MY FIRST HOLE IN ONE TODAY, just like that :D:D:D

HOLE IN ONE.jpg

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Never had a hole in one, but I have had an Albatross(double eagle).

I have had one eagle. elevated green, so I didn't see it go in.... looked around for a bit before someone checked the hole :eek:

Congrats !!!!!!!!

Singleton

Reaction score
Congrats.
Been playing since age 7, not one. Have a few eagles, but no 1’s

BajaMike

Reaction score

perhaps...

maybe...

On hole 9

at 156 yards

with a 5 iron

one bounce

roll of 15 feet

View attachment 805050

Congrats! Nice course. Never got a hole in one. Witnesses? I think you can get a trophy from the “Hole and One Association”. My ex-wife used to live on the 5th hole of that course, I think. I got a few hole in ones there, but that’s another sport.

KevinR

Reaction score
Congratulations! Was that euphoric or what!

Got my one and only August 2017. Luckily on a 225 three par with an elevated tee box so I got to watch it all the way.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Nice course. Never got a hole in one. Witnesses? I think you can get a trophy from the “Hole and One Association”. My ex-wife used to live on the 5th hole of that course, I think. I got a few hole in ones there, but that’s another sport.

I was golfing with 11 buddies, and the bar was some what empty when we got in...… which helped the bar tab..... the other 3 with me saw it.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Congratulations! I have never had one but played in a tournament Today where one guy did! On the closet to the pin hole! WINNER!

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
You hit your 5 iron 156 and it still had to roll 15ft ?
Was that from the women's tee?:D

I'm just jealous:( congrats to you sir!

lol. I was thinking the same thing.

As the OP, I wouldn’t tell people which iron you were using. Just say an iron. :D

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score

As the OP, I wouldn’t tell people which iron you were using. Just say an iron. :D

You hit your 5 iron 156 and it still had to roll 15ft ?
Was that from the women's tee?:D
I'm just jealous:( congrats to you sir!

I learned a long time ago.... my game is my game.... my 5 iron is good 150-165 yards... sometimes 50 yards ... IT IS GOLF ⛳:p

If I tried to hit my 5 iron what the other guy hits...... it’s dumb... I play my game..... I’m just real happy it rolled to the left 15’ and dropped in :p

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
3 years ago,before my back injury at colton, playing night golf with some guys from work. I got two in one game . First hole and third hole. Last time I played.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

lol......

I got one while playing with Justin when he was a little guy. I was all excited and he couldn't understand what the big deal was...."Aren't you supposed to do that Dad?" haha

He knows the difference now of course

I think my Dad had something like 13 of them. He was a below scratch golfer and hustled golfers all over the world. He was shooting his age when he passed. RIP Pops!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

Me too......That used to be a 9 iron for me and sometimes a wedge. I doubt I would do it these days though. Shit, I know not these days at all.

It doesn't matter what you hit when you make that hole in one....most of it is luck anyhow.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I should of been there playing caddy... or opening beers... or getting the golf cart stuck in sand trap... again. Anyway, solid job! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score

perhaps...

maybe...

On hole 9

at 156 yards

with a 5 iron

one bounce

roll of 15 feet

View attachment 805050

That's some bitchin' stuff right there. Congratulations!

You need to PM RiverDave with your address and shirt size, all RDP members that get an ace are awarded with a couple hundred dollars worth of swag.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Congrats!

I hit the pin once back when I was a kid... Was so excited for being that close I two-putted from about 6 inches away!

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Two here....
probably 30 years since my last one..

1st: mid 80's PGA West Palmer course, shortest back nine hole (12,15???) along the cliff and adjoining water channel. Wedged

2nd: late 80's, San Clemente back nine 15ish?? 190 down hill, 5 iron 1ft beyond ...

sounds like time for another... or maybe I just SUX now.... current 9.3 index

back then I was around 4-6

RodnJen

Reaction score
Yes, about 3 years ago. Riverview, aka the Ditch, a 5 iron from 165 yards, second hole.

cole_skier

Reaction score
Congratulations. I have had two.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Two here....
probably 30 years since my last one..

1st: mid 80's PGA West Palmer course, shortest back nine hole (12,15???) along the cliff and adjoining water channel. Wedged

2nd: late 80's, San Clemente back nine 15ish?? 190 down hill, 5 iron 1ft beyond ...

sounds like time for another... or maybe I just SUX now.... current 9.3 index

back then I was around 4-6

You are holding up good with that 9.3 Rick.....You ain't a young gun anymore....lol

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Congrats!! No better feeling on the golf course!! I have one. Laughlin Ranch, 7th hole. 165yards with a 6 iron. It's an elevated green, with a big mound in front so you barely see the top of the flag stick from the tee. We were playing as a 5 some, and NO balls on the green, everybody went long, but when we we're looking around, only 4 balls off the green. My buddy walks over to hole, looks at me and says "hey dumbass, come here" and points down at the hole. There was my ball!! I kept the ball, the score card and the flag from the hole.

DWC

Reaction score
Congrats. Nothing better than actually seeing the ball in the hole and then fixing that divot.
I finally got one on 16 at Black Gold. Playing with co-workers that were talking during my backswing. Maybe that’s the trick. It was on a weekend and clubhouse was packed.. I skipped it and ran home for already paid for beer

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
That's some bitchin' stuff right there. Congratulations!

You need to PM RiverDave with your address and shirt size, all RDP members that get an ace are awarded with a couple hundred dollars worth of swag.

I just want to borrow his trailer. ;)

Flatsix66

Reaction score
The Grand GC - Hole 17 Par 3 205yds, 3 iron. It was a business golf round with potential customers that I never saw again. Bar was closed, Pro gone for the day. Now every time I step up to a par 3 I think I can hole it!

JD D05

Reaction score
Never had one. At Dallas National a few years ago I hit about 1 inch in front of the cup and had a few other's like that on par 3's. My bro who is about a 3 handicap has also never had one. My buddies son who plays for his High School has had 3 of them.

This was before one of the best shots i have ever hit. It is a 240 yard par 3 into a 25 mph head wind. Hit a little cut with a 3 iron pin high 2 feet away.
20190822_130935.jpg

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
Congrats! I’ve been lucky enough to have gotten two. Haven’t gotten to golf much the last few years, but use to play multiple times a week.

Anaheim Hill’s par 3, 142 yards with a 9 iron

Riverview in Santa Ana, Par 3, 215 yards with a 4 iron.

Albert

Reaction score

perhaps...

maybe...

On hole 9

at 156 yards

with a 5 iron

one bounce

roll of 15 feet

View attachment 805050

I hate you .

Jk kidding congrats ! Damn!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
One in my lifetime. Countless ones, it seems, within heartbreaking inches of dropping.
Handful of eagles.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I have a unconfirmed hole in one. My buddy Ned and I were playing a night game at a 3 par course in South Gate and on the last hole I made a beautiful drive that was dropping right onto the green and they shut the lights off. We searched everywhere for the ball but couldn’t find it. The next day Ned went back to the course when they opened (he lived right next door) and after looking all around he finally looked in the cup and there was a ball in there. No way to confirm that it was mine but I would like to think so.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Oh yeah I almost forgot that I once made the incredibly difficult shot past the spinning windmill with a two cushion bank at Golf & Stuff.:D

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
As a teenager saw a buddy have a hole in one using a Range Ball. He was quite proud of himself and announced it to the pro shop. They tried to take their ball back, so he ran. Lol

checkrd past

Reaction score

perhaps...

maybe...

On hole 9

at 156 yards

with a 5 iron

one bounce

roll of 15 feet

because I got MY FIRST HOLE IN ONE TODAY, just like

perhaps...

maybe...

On hole 9

at 156 yards

The 5th hole at Cimmeron in palm springs . 143 yds
with a 5 iron

one bounce

roll of 15 feet

View attachment 805050

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Oak Quarry Golf Club Riverside CA
Hole #3 152yd
Poorly hit 7 iron rolled to the back of the green and then took the slope to the hole. They gave me a flag from the course and a certificate.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I have one. Moreno Valley Ranch 145 yrds 9 iron 1 hopped it in went nuts.

My dad has had at least 2. Best one was Lake Las Vegas 211 yrds i believe hit a perfect low 3 iron to the right side of the green 1 hopped onto the green went up the little slope took a straight left turn for about 20 feet and dropped. Ill never forget it. Was like it was in slow motion the whole way we went fuckin nuts!

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Got my only one in the Bahamas playing with my buddy Ryan Frahm (Dodge dealer) and Jeff... Who was the GM for KOLA 99.9
It was the Radisson course in Nassau, on the front 9. Teed up and had a good feeling about my shot. Swung, picked up my head. Topped the fuck out of the ball and added a little California hossle fade. We all watched the it worm burn up beside the lake just to the left of taking a bath. It runs up and on the green and I hear the rest of the 4 some start yelling "Go In!"
The ball hits the pin and drops! I couldn't believe it! Neither could they.
The greens keeper witnessed it as well so I gave him $40, to grab beers and cigars.

Buster Wrench

Reaction score
Hey Bob, I am a golfer. Haha