WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Life in the fast lane...and the Prius

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
In a recent study it was revealed that 95% of fast lane impedance or slow down is directly related to the Prius. We reached out to the Prius rep for comment on this latest revelation. The Prius rep had this to say “ Look Buddy, I’m getting 107 miles per gallon and saving the environment. So get off my tail pal”.

We then reached out to the Union representing gasoline cars of the world. We were able to talk to union rep Mr. Vee Eight about the comments made by Prius. Mr. Eight simply said “Move your ass Prius, Move your ass” Mr Eight also provided some images of what the world would look like if everyone drove a Prius
Prius.jpg

Mr. Eight also continued to say they are still seeking legislation to legalize hunting the Prius. He stated their numbers are getting out of control and that something needs to be done to control the Prius population.

Is life in the fast lane gone? More to come :D

Mike K

Reaction score
Very interesting point ... might be more to the story ... could be a “cultural” thing too ... how many times do we end up passing someone in the fast lane when they are going 50mph ... 9 times out of 10 it probably will be someone new to this country. They are clueless to the American way of driving ... I have thought about getter a decal for my back window in 5 different languages that says “ SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT” .

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Having Prius experience from when a friend bought one when they first came out, I can say any problems in the fast lane is solely on the shoulders of the idiot driver... Those cars WILL haul ass. Left lane, right lane, signal to signal on the blvd. the Prius' have zero issues with being able to run with traffic flow...Blame the drivers...Not the cars...
On a similar note, Have you ever seen a Hyundai that wasn't in your way??? Seem like the only time I see them is when they're in my way...
Ray
PS: We need HUGE "Slower Traffic Keep Right"" Signs along the center dividers.. Maybe every 1/2 mile or so, AND strict enforcement of "restricting traffic flow" Laws... Tickets for those BEING tailgated instead of those doing the tailgating... Years ago there were laws against running "Side by Side" with another vehicle on two lane roads... "Keep Right Except to Pass" signs could do wonders on Az 95 from Laughlin bridge to Needles...My 2 cents....

W.O.T

Reaction score
I get so irritated when people get on the freeway and before even reaching freeway speed have the left blinker on and move all the way over to the left two lanes. I have a long commute so this is the norm

The right two lanes are often clear and you can haul ass in them.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My biggest frustration in my early morning commute is the drive that gets on the freeway and immediately goes straight for the fast lane while doing 40-50 mph. I stay in the middle lane and cannot count how many times I've had to lock up my brakes to avoid hitting one of these idiots. A huge portion of those idiots are also driving the Prius.

sintax

Reaction score
My biggest frustration in my early morning commute is the drive that gets on the freeway and immediately goes straight for the fast lane while doing 40-50 mph. I stay in the middle lane and cannot count how many times I've had to lock up my brakes to avoid hitting one of these idiots. A huge portion of those idiots are also driving the Prius.

yup, this is life on the 91 fwy

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I was in a tesla the other day and their battery was so low the screen said we could only go 50mph if we wanted to reach our destination. So we were doing 50mph on the 405...

thats our future.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Its' definitely a strange phenomenon in the United States. In Europe everyone tries to stay in the right hand lane other than when they move to the left lane to pass. If you happen to come up on a driver in the left lane they will generally move over to right as soon as they see you coming. If you happen to catch them not paying attention you can usually give a quick flash of your headlights to get their attention and the quickly move to the right and most wave as if to say sorry for holding you up when you pass.

In the states it seems to be a contest to be the biggest A-Hole on the road and to purposely hold up fellow drivers. Americans have some how adopted this "I'm better than you and I'm the only person that matters" mentality, especially on the road.

I also believe besides the straight up arrogance of many drivers, we also have a large population of drivers from foreign countries like those in South America and Asia where they either never drove until they got to the states, or the cars they drove and roads they travel on where in such poor condition that they simply don't drive fast by culture. Illegal immigrants seem to drive extra slow in an effort to fly under the radar and not get pulled over as well.

One of my biggest gripes is traveling on an open highway like I-40 to Havasu and the left lane drivers are out in force. Drives me nuts. You are not the highway patrol, so be courteous to your fellow drivers, move over and carry on. It's my prerogative to drive faster than you and not your job to police me.

Just my observations.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
One more thought:

I've often wondered how posted speed per lane would work if enforced properly. Example, on a 4 lane highway, the number 4 lane would be 60mph, 3 lane 65mph, 2 lane 70mph and 1 lane 75mph. Signs would be posted above each lane on over passes to remind drivers of the required speed for their chosen lane.

What do you guys think?

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
One more thought:

I've often wondered how posted speed per lane would work if enforced properly. Example, on a 4 lane highway, the number 4 lane would be 60mph, 3 lane 65mph, 2 lane 70mph and 1 lane 75mph. Signs would be posted above each lane on over passes to remind drivers of the required speed for their chosen lane.

What do you guys think?

I was traveling up in Washington state and they have something similar. I thought it was pretty cool. I believe that it changes based on traffic

speed.jpg

wishiknew

Reaction score
was on the 40 day before yesterday 2 semi trucks going 52 mph side by side for 30 miles at least at least 30 t0 40 cars and trucks bumper to bumper behind them finally moved over and was laughing

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
My thoughts are unless you are passing or behind someone you shouldn't be in the left lane. That and majority of Prius drivers Suck.
100% agree LOL. Drives me crazy -Obviously :D I like the guy that will have 5 or 6 cars pass him on the right and still wont move

My kid is learning to drive and I tell him the same. Told him don't turn into one of these dipshits. Its bad enough your generation cant do shit without a phone in your hand

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
In Phoenix the problem cars I see most are Toyota Prius, Nissan Altima and Chrysler 300. These people usually screw up traffic for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rvrrun

Reaction score
One more thought:

What do you guys think?
My guess is that would cause a cranial overload for the majority of people in this world.

TCHB

Reaction score
I had a Prius and no way was it slow. It would cruise at 80 like nothing.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
I had a Prius and no way was it slow. It would cruise at 80 like nothing.
Yep, and scary QUIET.....Smooth, and go like hell if you engaged the gasoline engine...Then come to a stop in the city and it just sits there without a sound, squeak, vibration, nothing...Makes you think it's dead or something, light changers, and zooooomm ..
Ray
PS An Electric car just this year shattered, shattered, the Pikes Peak hill climb record, shattered it....Really set the "Pikers" on their collective asses...
Ray

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I no joke used to practice what I called "Prius Poaching"

I have the exhaust on my 7.3L Excursion dumped straight down just in front of the rear axle and a chip with fuel programs I can change on the fly at the turn of a dial. If I ever came across someone traveling below the speed limit in the fast lane (almost always a prius) I would make a point to get around them, get in front of them, and turn the dial to Roll Coal and then proceed to dump black smoke all over them.

Occasionally they would catch up to me all pissed of and give me the bird. I would smile, point at my speedometer, and give them a thumbsup

Yes I'm an asshole on the road, but I like to think I'm a courteous asshole.

Boat 405

Reaction score
There is actually a law in the books for being in the fast lane while not actively passing. It just doesn’t get enforced.

The one that always gets me is that people merging onto the freeway forget that the lane they are moving into has the right of way.

TCHB

Reaction score
Yep, and scary QUIET.....Smooth, and go like hell if you engaged the gasoline engine...Then come to a stop in the city and it just sits there without a sound, squeak, vibration, nothing...Makes you think it's dead or something, light changers, and zooooomm ..
Ray
PS An Electric car just this year shattered, shattered, the Pikes Peak hill climb record, shattered it....Really set the "Pikers" on their collective asses...
Ray
I drove the Prius for a little over 100,000 miles and averaged for the entire time at 45 miles per gallon. One set of tires and that was it besides oil changes. It was great little car that actually drove pretty nice.

SPFRONTMAN

Reaction score
In a recent study it was revealed that 95% of fast lane impedance or slow down is directly related to the Prius. We reached out to the Prius rep for comment on this latest revelation. The Prius rep had this to say “ Look Buddy, I’m getting 107 miles per gallon and saving the environment. So get off my tail pal”.

We then reached out to the Union representing gasoline cars of the world. We were able to talk to union rep Mr. Vee Eight about the comments made by Prius. Mr. Eight simply said “Move your ass Prius, Move your ass” Mr Eight also provided some images of what the world would look like if everyone drove a Prius
View attachment 805464

Mr. Eight also continued to say they are still seeking legislation to legalize hunting the Prius. He stated their numbers are getting out of control and that something needs to be done to control the Prius population.

Is life in the fast lane gone? More to come :D
That's because the high percentage of Prius owners are after that 50+ miles to a gallon. God forbid if they did 51 mph they'd get 49 mpg! Youtube Prius drivers, unbelievable how these people obtained a drivers license! IDIOTS!

bigboy308

Reaction score
Pet peeve is drivers not understanding on and off ramps. People doing 50-55 onto freeway W/ me as second car with a rear-view mirror full of 80000# semi approaching @ speed limit--65 for trucks here.
Getting off freeway people who MUST slow down on freeway instead of using the off ramp to slow---Same semi coming up behind me !

Another is semi drivers who MUST get to the top of the hill before the truck in front of them--We have a hill (grade?) here about a mile long, one truck doing 51 mph, one behind him doing 53 so he pulls out to pass at bottom of hill. At the top of the hill, 10-15 cars in fast lane dong 50 behind trucks-----

rrrr

Reaction score
My thoughts are unless you are passing or behind someone you shouldn't be in the left lane. That and majority of Prius drivers Suck.

Around 90% of the time, I'm going faster than the rest of the traffic, so if the left lane is clear, that's where I stay.

I keep an eye on the rear view mirror, and if another vehicle is gaining on me, I move over. If the driver behind me wants to go faster than me, then I get out of his way. Importantly, even if I have to slow down to the speed of cars in the other lane, I still move over. I'm not going to be that asshole that thinks since I'm going 5 over the limit I'm entitled to stay in the fast lane.

Tonight I was coming home from our lake property, and in the left lane of four lane southbound US 75, doing just under 80 MPH on a 70 MPH limit. A fucktard in the next lane over saw me coming and jerked over in front of me.

Times like that make me wish for a 20 mm cannon in the front grille, firing depleted uranium ammo. :mad:

It would take just one round.

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
Quiet: check
Good mileage: check
Fast: nope
My son has the Lexus CT200h. Feels quick but really not so much.

58A13BCE-F10D-4FE0-939E-F3860D637C85.jpeg

NicPaus

Reaction score
I just drove to LAX and back. Just one Prius i had to go around . It's a zoo there freeway was going 80 but no open left lane.

c_land

Reaction score
I think the MPG meters in cars these days are causing a lot of this too.... especially in the prius. People driving around with their eyes glued to the MPG meter trying to squeeze a high average to save money. The prius shows you when you switch from battery only to gas/battery, so you have them driving around at 55mph trying to keep the thing in electric only mode.

I just blow by the left lane campers and hit the windshield washers for the extra FU.

Last edited:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
The driving tests should be harder. We need to weed out the weak, the lame and the stupid. Older first time drivers from other countries really need to be educated more than the basic rules.

Slower traffic keep right. Fucking DUH! But everyone thinks this means the other guy. People in the car pool lane going slower than the regular lanes makes me crazy. Why be over there if the regular lanes are faster? It's usually some senior citizen.

rvrrun

Reaction score
I think the MPG meters in cars these days are causing a lot of this too.... especially in the prius. People driving around with their eyes glued to the MPG meter trying to squeeze a high average to save money. The prius shows you when you switch from battery only to gas/battery, so you have them driving around at 55mph trying to keep the thing in electric only mode.

I just blow by the left lane campers and hit the windshield washers for the extra FU.
We have one of those in the ST. I'm constantly trying to get it closer to 0.0mpg.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I no joke used to practice what I called "Prius Poaching"

I have the exhaust on my 7.3L Excursion dumped straight down just in front of the rear axle and a chip with fuel programs I can change on the fly at the turn of a dial. If I ever came across someone traveling below the speed limit in the fast lane (almost always a prius) I would make a point to get around them, get in front of them, and turn the dial to Roll Coal and then proceed to dump black smoke all over them.

Occasionally they would catch up to me all pissed of and give me the bird. I would smile, point at my speedometer, and give them a thumbsup

Yes I'm an asshole on the road, but I like to think I'm a courteous asshole.
Roll Coal...lmao that’s awesome!

In my experience, Prius drivers are the biggest cocksuckers on the streets. The problem isn’t them driving slow but driving faster than everyone else and cutting in and out of lanes.

nrbr

Reaction score
100% of people that drive Kia's drive like shit. I believe it's a prerequisite to obtaining one

500bbc

Reaction score
At the car wash the other day Prius in front of has a license plate frame "I Hate Priuses Too".

D19

Reaction score
How about when you flash your highs at dingle berry in the left lane going slow and they still will not speed up or get over... So you try to go around them and now they want to race you and not let you pass them. Total jerks.

500bbc

Reaction score
How about when you flash your highs at dingle berry in the left lane going slow and they still will not speed up or get over... So you try to go around them and now they want to race you and not let you pass them. Total jerks.
An asshole that doesn't want to go faster than you, just wants to be in front of you.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Washington State has a keep right law, so do we in BC. Washington sometimes does enforcement on the rules. BC raised the speed limits on the highway here. The cops enforced the keep right, but the minister of transport ordered them to stop.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
The one that always gets me is that people merging onto the freeway forget that the lane they are moving into has the right of way.

The last time I went to traffic school about 20 years ago, the instructor asked who has the right of way. Most people agreed with you. He said no, the on-ramp vehicle does because their lane runs out. I still agree with you but it was a good point I hadn’t thought about. A little common courtesy and common sense is needed, that’s all. Unfortunately, they aren’t always used.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
The last time I went to traffic school about 20 years ago, the instructor asked who has the right of way. Most people agreed with you. He said no, the on-ramp vehicle does because their lane runs out. I still agree with you but it was a good point I hadn’t thought about. A little common courtesy and common sense is needed, that’s all. Unfortunately, they aren’t always used.

Yeah their lane runs out...Right out into the bushes... Pulling a boat we are restricted to the far right lane... Idiots want to come on at least 10-15 mph slower than me.. As their lane is ending,THEN they start to look around...Guess what, you're either going to stop or run off into the shoulder and bushes. I will not alter my speed...Period...
Ray

TCHB

Reaction score
The driving tests should be harder. We need to weed out the weak, the lame and the stupid. Older first time drivers from other countries really need to be educated more than the basic rules.

Slower traffic keep right. Fucking DUH! But everyone thinks this means the other guy. People in the car pool lane going slower than the regular lanes makes me crazy. Why be over there if the regular lanes are faster? It's usually some senior citizen.
You know how many 80 plus drivers in Havasu. Lots

TrollerDave

Reaction score
What I really want to know is, if you need a tissue and you’re by yourself, how do you get them if they’re sitting in the back window? o_O