WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cactus RV - When the house of cards falls..

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Yes your information is second hand. You did not witness any of the alleged fraud you posted about. You heard about it from a guy who may or may not have first hand knowledge himself.

Did you just call Dave a Democratic Whistleblower?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
One might even call it bullying.

I don’t get it but I don’t care to argue it with him either.

If it makes him feel better the dealership has had problems for quite sometime and been “out of trust” for quite sometime as well.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Seems a bizarre response for me asking you to stop chasing Steve around rdp.

Besides the issue that

Correct facts are facts regardless

well you didn’t write that text book. That’s 3rd party info dude

Lol

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Seems a bizarre response for me asking you to stop chasing Steve around rdp.

Are you saying your friend is allowed to continue posting about a certain topic of discussion but when I challenge the integrity of the post that is not allowed? As you can tell I'm not one of your ass kissing minions and prefer fact based honest discussion and debate on a variety of topics including boats.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Did you just call Dave a Democratic Whistleblower?

He is just sharing second hand information that he heard from other people and his contacts in the boating business. Nothing wrong with that because there certainly is some things occurring which tend to lend credibility to his posts but still waiting for a final review.

Also that wasn't a democratic whistleblower it was a democratic spy.

guest hs

Reaction score
Hate to see boat shops close up, but you have to take care of business aka customers, flooring and tax's!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I wonder if these pontoons will be on craigslist?

Hopefully not. Another dealer can still sell them hopefully without undermining or deflating other values. Another thought, how long will or can the “flooring” company wait to get paid if inventory goes to another dealer? The boating market is gonna be hibernating for winter soon if not already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
Hopefully not. Another dealer can still sell them hopefully without undermining or deflating other values. Another thought, how long will or can the “flooring” company wait to get paid if inventory goes to another dealer? The boating market is gonna be hibernating for winter soon if not already.

If flooring company has an outstanding balance (flooring 25 boats, but only 20 picked up from lot) after assets are picked up, they will go after dealership to be made whole (dealer will have to pay cash value of 5 boats missing, if unable to pay lawsuits follow).

hallett21

Reaction score
If flooring company has an outstanding balance (flooring 25 boats, but only 20 picked up from lot) after assets are picked up, they will go after dealership to be made whole (dealer will have to pay cash value of 5 boats missing, if unable to pay lawsuits follow).
But then they just take an L on the 20 boats that are now last years model? Im guessing they are 19's that may sit until springtime.

Tank

Reaction score
Without reading through 7 pages....In short, is this another example of the oldest scam in the book? The old, no titles, take ones money to pay off others rinse repeat until it catches up - alla OCM, National Marine, etc etc ?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Without reading through 7 pages....In short, is this another example of the oldest scam in the book? The old, no titles, take ones money to pay off others rinse repeat until it catches up - alla OCM, National Marine, etc etc ?

OCM was consignments.. This has to do with flooring companies and paperwork.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Are you saying your friend is allowed to continue posting about a certain topic of discussion but when I challenge the integrity of the post that is not allowed? As you can tell I'm not one of your ass kissing minions and prefer fact based honest discussion and debate on a variety of topics including boats.

And yet Lavey29 is still here, in spite of the fact he is not “one of your ass kissing minions”?

Hmmmmm

guest hs

Reaction score

I have been through this before and ended up with another bankrupt dealers inventory. The flooring company and boat manufacture will get together and try to find another dealer that would be willing to take the boat line on and the flooring company will offer some special flooring terms like 6-12 months free flooring and the manufacture will offer special rebates to the dealer to move the inventory out fast.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
And yet Lavey29 is still here, in spite of the fact he is not “one of your ass kissing minions”?

Hmmmmm

I have been a boating enthusiast for over 30 years owning quite a few different models
One of the good things about technology and social media sites is the wide range of life backgrounds and knowledge that people can share. There are a lot of people with experience in areas and fields of work that I have little or no knowledge in and it is cool that they share their knowledge when you have questions in certain area. The boating connection just adds to the conversation but you could ask about anything on this site and end up with some great informative responses.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Anyone going boating this weekend?
Way ahead of you!
Went to the Springs for lunch today. Without a toon lol
20 minutes taking it EZ
You have to try their "noodle"
We beat the crowds
20191009_114149_HDR1.jpg
20191009_120956_HDR1.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Steve posted awhile ago he got some good deal on a toon. You got crazy aggressive about it and eventually got to the point of demanding to see paperwork. He posted it (I wouldn’t have as I don’t really give a shit what you do or don’t believe nor do I have a point to prove to you. Just telling you if I was in his position I woulda told ya kick rocks)

You’ve been riding his jock ever since.. I asked ya to stop.

He is just sharing second hand information that he heard from other people and his contacts in the boating business. Nothing wrong with that because there certainly is some things occurring which tend to lend credibility to his posts but still waiting for a final review.

Also that wasn't a democratic whistleblower it was a democratic spy.

Now it would appear by me asking you to stop you are on my jock.. lol.

I told ya where the information came from. It came directly from the guy that was contracted to go pick up the boats. It came from the same guy that is being asked to take care of the warranty repairs. It came from the same guy whom is in current care of the boats in question and has possession of them on a rented lot. It came from him and the owner of the lot whom the person in care of the boats is renting from.

This dealership has been “out of trust” with at least one flooring company for months now. I didn’t go posting the rumors (even if they were facts coming from the flooring company itself and plenty of other people including the ones mentioned above).

So to be clear I don’t care if you want to discuss and debate facts.. I do care if ya run around acting like a dickhead of which you are now.

We don’t have to agree, nor do we have to disagree.. Life goes on man.. relax.

RD

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Wow. I just read 7 pages (324 posts) and learned two things;
1) The name of a boat dealership lender is a "Flooring Company" not a creditor and 2) Monkeys are not the only mammals that fling poo.

I wish only good things for honest business professionals and wish only handcuffs for the dishonest criminals.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Flooring is the term used by the finance company to cover the cost of inventory on the dealership floor. Kinda like loan sharks, but legal.

I don’t agree.....they are not “kinda like loan sharks”. Most dealers use them because they don’t have $5 million or $10 million in the bank to pay for their inventory. Most new car dealerships use their brands finance company (Ford Motor Credit, GMAC, Honda Finance, etc) but they don’t have to due to anti-trust laws, so there are independent flooring companies, the dealer can shop around.

They pay a competitive daily interest rate on all the cars in their inventory, and are supposed to pay the flooring company as soon as the car is sold.

I know of only one dealer in the Riverside Auto Center that has no flooring costs, the pay the manufacturer for every car the receive......because they have the cash.

rrrr

Reaction score
Never said the info was not accurate just not first hand knowledge info. Same as your third hand info you just described.

Since when is there "first hand" information about anything that's posted on forums? The entire world of social media operates on "I heard that...". No one is making you believe anything you read.

I'm not saying RD is infallible, but he doesn't post rumors and unfounded accusations. In this case, it appears everything from the first post forward has been accurate, so your beef is pretty silly.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
This flooring repo deal can really hurt the manufacturer at least temporarily. Suddenly there will be some overstocked boats that will have to be "moved" even if it is only 25+|- boats.

Bradsrvrtoy.

Reaction score
When the dealer or manufacturer offer you free storage with the purchase...RUN! That's how they play the "game" The flooring companies send an inventory checker around monthly to verify inventory (car dealers, motorsports dealers, exc) if the product isn't on location they need to pay up. They usually dont come around checking on the weekends when most use their boats so if the dealer stores it for you, it's there next week when the floor checker comes around! They can float the deal for awhile! Dealers in AZ are required by law to hold title (MCO) of the items they are selling even if its floored. So a cash buyer should walk out with said MCOs at purchase! I feel bad for people who get caught up in this crap! I've seen it far too many times with boat/car dealers!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
When the dealer or manufacturer offer you free storage with the purchase...RUN! That's how they play the "game" The flooring companies send an inventory checker around monthly to verify inventory (car dealers, motorsports dealers, exc) if the product isn't on location they need to pay up. They usually dont come around checking on the weekends when most use their boats so if the dealer stores it for you, it's there next week when the floor checker comes around! They can float the deal for awhile! Dealers in AZ are required by law to hold title (MCO) of the items they are selling even if its floored. So a cash buyer should walk out with said MCOs at purchase! I feel bad for people who get caught up in this crap! I've seen it far too many times with boat/car dealers!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

This! Exactly! I was led to believe that a customer was coming to see the boat after I bought it and it was only one like it in inventory. Sounds like he just wanted to keep it there for his inventory check off. This just adds to my gut feeling from the beginning.

Last edited: