WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 MAVERICK X3 MAX X RS TURBO RR. Best Choice?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Tough decisions at the dealer. Is this THE one to buy?
Seems like the X3 MAX X RS TURBO RR is the way to roll.

Any takes about comparisons with the other Can Am 4 seaters in case I'm missing something?

Maverick-X3-Max-X-rs-Turbo-RR-Hyper-Silver-Dazzling-Blue-Labrador-Blue-Manta-Green_3-4-front.png

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Tough decisions at the dealer.

Any takes about comparisons with the other Can Am 4 seaters in case I'm missing something?

I couldn’t even figure out the monikers. Confusing as hell!

I just wanted the most HP and the widest one. Supposedly that’s the RR and it comes with everything they offer.

I have no need for the roof and extras that came with it if an rdp member wants to buy The model without that and have that stuff for free.

BajaMike

Reaction score
I would rather have a bigger engine than a small engine with a Turbo.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Maverick-X3-Max-X-rs-Turbo-RR-Hyper-Silver-Dazzling-Blue-Labrador-Blue-Manta-Green_3-4-front.png

Yes. That is the one. Unless they make the RC (Rock Crawling) Turbo RR version in a 4 seater, which they do not.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPC

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

That's the King of the Hill in todays market. I'm kinda waiting on a Polaris XP Pro Turbo with Long Travel suspension and DC Transmission before I write another check for a SxS. My 2015 XP1K4 still does everything I need it to do, but it's ancient in SxS years, lol.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That's the King of the Hill in todays market. I'm kinda waiting on a Polaris XP Pro Turbo with Long Travel suspension and DC Transmission before I write another check for a SxS. My 2015 XP1K4 still does everything I need it to do, but it's ancient in SxS years, lol.

I am still very satisfied with my 2016 XP41K. I just did a couple mods in the last few weeks.. It is like a different car now.

I'm keeping it for the next few years or until someone can actually forcibly pass me at will on the trails.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Thanks for the takes.
BTW: EVO wants $600 to flash the HP to 210.
Now they say that it's 210HP at the crank, not at the NDE of the belt nor at the tire on the dyno.

One other tuner is bragging 220HP for about the same.

I've gone EVO ECU flashes for the extra 15HP on several SxS's and it made a noticeable difference.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
They are limited by agreement to 999cc.
Not law, just a class of OHV recognized by the Govt.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Thanks for the takes.

Have you had any of your cars flashed? They demoed the Anti Lag launch control they have for the Can Ams for me at SSSS. So bad ass, but I have no use for it :).

Evo does great work with their flashes. The power and response my RZR gained is unreal.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Have you had any of your cars flashed? They demoed the Anti Lag launch control they have for the Can Ams for me at SSSS. So bad ass, but I have no use for it :).

Evo does great work with their flashes. The power and response my RZR gained is unreal.
Yeah 3 cars and I loved it. More than noticeable difference and on 91 pump gas with no side effects.

Mikes56

Reaction score
Yes that's the one to get. 195 hp and 72" wide. I have the 2019, with less hp, but it still amazes me. I did a 400 mile several day trip thru Utah, a 1700 mile several day trip down the Baja peninsula, and just got back from a five day 500 mile trip thru Utah. It ran like a raped ape since the day I bought it.

I've had to replace the stock springs due to sagging, but other than that, I've only replaced the air filter several times, and changed the fluids twice.

Leave it stock and enjoy it.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I can’t imagine needing more power. Stock they are scary. Leave it alone drive the crap out of it

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Go wider at the speeds you will be going handling is + , I got th 18

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
So does anyone recommend suspension upgrades on these things or am I going to like it from the factory?
I had mine taken a part and reset by 365 off-road he took front sway off and raised the car 3” ? I don’t remember fuck maybe I’ll start it this weekend ?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Thanks for the takes.
Now they say that it's 210HP at the crank, not at the NDE of the belt nor at the tire on the dyno.

I've gone EVO ECU flashes for the extra 15HP on several SxS's and it made a noticeable difference.

FWIW my 19’ has the EVO stage 3
200hp and dyno’d 163 at the wheels
Very happy with it.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
So does anyone recommend suspension upgrades on these things or am I going to like it from the factory?
RD that's the question yet to be answered. They are delivering them taller thus the shocks should perform fine and as designed without the Fox or Shock Therapy mods.
I'd hold off, get a feel for it before ya drop $3 to $6K.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Run factory. Once you add all the weight you WILL need to set the ride height, its easy. Then watch the fox shocks how to video and set the adjustments to what they recommend. From there just carry a 17mm wrench and a flat head and tweak it to your liking. Do all the other aftermarket stuff, shocks last. You will be surprised how great they ride

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD that's the question yet to be answered. They are delivering them taller thus the shocks should perform fine and as designed without the Fox or Shock Therapy mods.
I'd hold off, get a feel for it before ya drop $3 to $6K.

3-6k and it better say “King” on the sides of those things.. lol.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
3-6k and it better say “King” on the sides of those things.. lol.

Probably could use springs, maybe a revalve and sway bar(s) I’d run it as is and make a decision. It’s not gonna take $3k. The hardware it comes with is very capable.

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score

try it stock first or ride in a stock set up

Shock Therapy does a great package deal,

compared to what you had you’ll be impressed with stock. Doing springs and shocks would be good if you run with three kids

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Shock Therapy gold series. They will ask you weight in car. If you have cage ,metal doors etc. They will respring and value shocks. Its a huge difference. It also gets your height of the car back up to normal if you have a 19. It really improves the car. Costs a tick over $2k

riverroyal

Reaction score
And dont forget to get these mirrors. Can wait to run them! Last time i drove at night is when you broke the ranger.
20190928_131924.jpg

DLC

Reaction score
My shocks and Springs was under $2,000 and mine floats over bumps, I don’t even feel em! Look around there are a ton of options

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
What’s the best price on intercom and car to car? Rugged and PCI seem to be in the high teens for a 4 seat car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
What’s the best price on intercom and car to car? Rugged and PCI seem to be in the high teens for a 4 seat car.

No way around it. Youre 1500$ or so if you catch Rugged with a 25% off deal. Usually if you call them, they will give you that same deal. Cool Peeps. But its pricey!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
No way around it. Youre 1500$ or so if you catch Rugged with a 25% off deal. Usually if you call them, they will give you that same deal. Cool Peeps. But its pricey!

That’s what I figured.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

I’ve only ever used PCI stuff. They had this sale last week. Might want to call and see if they’ll honor some or all of it.

IMG_2454.JPG

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Shock Therapy gold series. They will ask you weight in car. If you have cage ,metal doors etc. They will respring and value shocks. Its a huge difference. It also gets your height of the car back up to normal if you have a 19. It really improves the car. Costs a tick over $2k

39A0FBDB-3320-48A1-A965-BEC7DC64CA04.jpeg
5E02C8BE-6EFF-4AFE-98E1-D6905A369B3C.jpeg
100% agree, clearance really helps too.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

You can do it for $1kish if you want to use a handheld for radio duties, but still have a good intercom and headsets.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/132538264171

You can get a better price on this if you reach out to them directly. That is everything you need for a 4 place intercom. For another $100 you can get a handheld radio, a mount, and the proper jumper, and plug the handheld into the intercom and be good to go with a 1-2 mile range.

You can do it for $1200 with a 25 watt radio for car to car. There are a couple compromises you can make to cut costs if budget is an issue.

Wait until the Rugged black Friday Sale if you just want it all in one box and want all the features and functions. You’ll be in for $1600 by the time you get all the mounts and stuff.

I’ve got Rugged headsets, Avcomm (PCI) intercom and a SRC radio (Rugged RM25). I’ve got about $1k into the 4 person package. Took a little research to get it all for a good price, but it works great.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The 2020's are being delivered different than the past X3's. Simple adjustments to the stock shocks might be fine.
At first glance at the 2020's on the dealer floor I thought the Fox shock mod was done at the dealer. They told me no, Can Am is now sending them dialed in already.

The 2020's are 4" higher on the showroom floor than the 2019's so there's a difference. Your are now getting full shock performance out of the box goes the dealers tale. The 17's, 18's and '19's we weren't.

We'll see. A friend bought a 2020 RR and is taking it out next week and will let me know what they think.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The 2020's are being delivered different than the past X3's. Simple adjustments to the stock shocks might be fine.
At first glance at the 2020's on the dealer floor I thought the Fox shock mod was done at the dealer. They told me no, Can Am is now sending them dialed in already.

The 2020's are 4" higher on the showroom floor than the 2019's so there's a difference. Your are now getting full shock performance out of the box goes the dealers tale. The 17's, 18's and '19's we weren't.

We'll see. A friend bought a 2020 RR and is taking it out next week and will let me know what they think.

I have heard the same, but unless they have changed the cheap Chinese springs.. the 2020 will look like a new 2019 in a couple hundred miles :)

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

If you think that is ancient I still rock my 2008 Long travel Rhino...…

for the money of a SXS I bought a very capable pre runner and enjoy heat AC and not swallowing dirt the whole time.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If you think that is ancient I still rock my 2008 Long travel Rhino...…

for the money of a SXS I bought a very capable pre runner and enjoy heat AC and not swallowing dirt the whole time.

But when the SXS breaks he just takes it to the dealer and points where the noise is coming from.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
But when the SXS breaks he just takes it to the dealer and points where the noise is coming from.

I do the same with the pre runner. There was an electrical issue I couldn’t find. Ended up taking it to the dealer and they fixed it in a couple hours.
Stock motor stock trans means it can be serviced by a normal mechanic.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I do the same with the pre runner. There was an electrical issue I couldn’t find. Ended up taking it to the dealer and they fixed it in a couple hours.
Stock motor stock trans means it can be serviced by a normal mechanic.

Understood, but you know where I’m going with this :)

I never thought I’d be a SXS convert either, but here I am.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

Call PCI ask for Rally Alleigh, tell her Peter sent you she will take care if you.
(562) 294-1017