WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It may be the world's 7th largest economy but...

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
only 3rd-world countries do this shit...

With 150,000 Bay Area customers, and thousands more across state, without power due to PG&E's massive shut-off, the utility has set up several Community Resource Centers in counties around Northern California.

The resource centers are open during daylight hours and will provide people with restrooms, bottled water, and electronic device charging. Also, air-conditioned seating for up to 100 people will be provided.

Here are the locations of these resource centers in the Bay Area and adjacent counties:

Alameda County: Merritt College LOT B – Leona St., Oakland 94508

Contra Costa County: Bishop Ranch Parking Lot – 2600 Camino Ramon, San Ramon 94583

Napa County: 900 Fairgrounds Drive, Vallejo 94589

Napa County: Calistoga Fairgrounds – 1601 N. Oak Calistoga 94515

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Millions Of Americans Could Lose Power For Days In An Effort To Prevent Wildfires
The utility company did not definitively say how long the shutdown would last.

About 2.4 million California residents could go up to a week without electricity as the state's largest utility company shuts down power to hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses in parts of the state to prevent its faulty power lines from starting wildfires.

The Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) began shutting off power at midnight Wednesday with plans to roll out the power outages in phases. By midday, approximately 500,000 customers were without power.

4Waters

Reaction score
only 3rd-world countries do this shit...

With 150,000 Bay Area customers, and thousands more across state, without power due to PG&E's massive shut-off, the utility has set up several Community Resource Centers in counties around Northern California.

The resource centers are open during daylight hours and will provide people with restrooms, bottled water, and electronic device charging. Also, air-conditioned seating for up to 100 people will be provided.

Here are the locations of these resource centers in the Bay Area and adjacent counties:

Alameda County: Merritt College LOT B – Leona St., Oakland 94508

Contra Costa County: Bishop Ranch Parking Lot – 2600 Camino Ramon, San Ramon 94583

Napa County: 900 Fairgrounds Drive, Vallejo 94589

Napa County: Calistoga Fairgrounds – 1601 N. Oak Calistoga 94515
Hundreds of thousands of people will be without power but they will have seating for up to 100 people, LMFAO. Morons.

Edit: Just saw on the news that over 2 million people are without power for up to 5 days in northern California but they have 100 seats:rolleyes:

Last edited:

lIQUIDATEDdAMAGES

Reaction score
This whole thing is pretty fucking funny IMHO. California government is inept to begin with and so are the public utilities so it will be entertaining to see how this gets dealt with.

E-gen at the office is full of diesel and the boat is full of fuel and water in case it makes it down our way. I’ll be watching it all unfold in the meantime...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuauLounge

Reaction score
To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction.
Isaac Newton

California sues PGE re wildfires

PGE shuts off power to ensure no blame re wildfires

Why would anyone expect a different result?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
People's power is out and you would think it's the apocalypse. LMAO! Light a fucking candle, read a book or play a board game and talk to each other. Trust me, you will survive.:rolleyes:

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Works for both their narratives. With people suffering. Left government can push for every home should have solar power.
PG&E can push for more money to maintain lines...
As usuall the liberal voters will vote for more debt.

4Waters

Reaction score
People's power is out and you would think it's the apocalypse. LMAO! Light a fucking candle, read a book or play a board game and talk to each other. Trust me, you will survive.:rolleyes:
Some of is have to go to work and it's hard to sleep when the house is hot as fuk.:D

rrrr

Reaction score
It's what happens when government policies distort markets, introduce punitive laws and regulations instead of addressing the real issues, and ignore their own responsibilities.

Some of the biggest factors in this case are the failures of state and federal government to clear decades of deadfalls and floor load from forests, and the culpability of environmental activists and the left in those failures can't be ignored either.

The liberals' ignorance of the real world is illustrated by their militant belief that cutting down trees for any reason, including the critical need to remove the fuel loads present in forests that haven't been logged for generations, must be opposed at all costs.

People died last year because of the Sierra Club, but they're not the ones that were forced into bankruptcy, fined by the state, and sued by the estates of the dead. In spite of graphic proof that faulty forest management is responsible for the virulence of last year's wildfires, the fools that demand more of the same claim that global warming caused by man is the culprit.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
Looks like the warmest overnight low will be 64°.

Time to man up.

Dan'l
I live in Socal and Edison is threatening to shut our power off tomorrow, with tomorrow's temps my house will get into the 80's and with no way to cool it down I won't be able to sleep, and before you say open a window I'm not going to. Our house will be a dusty dirty mess, the wind blows right at my bedroom window and I live 2 streets away from RR tracks with 4-5 trains per night going through, I won't get any sleep.

Brobee

Reaction score
Sdg&e started Public Safety Power Outage’s in earnest last year. They were the only utility to get through one of the worst fire seasons in recent history without a fire. Because of the relative small size of its territory, power was completely restored in about a day after the winds stopped. After PG&E and SCE’s fires, SDG&Es plan became the gold standard for fire mitigation. This WILL be the new normal. No amount of system hardening or maintenance will completely eliminate the risk of a fire and the utilities simply can’t afford another fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I live in Socal and Edison is threatening to shut our power off tomorrow, with tomorrow's temps my house will get into the 80's and with no way to cool it down I won't be able to sleep, and before you say open a window I'm not going to. Our house will be a dusty dirty mess, the wind blows right at my bedroom window and I live 2 streets away from RR tracks with 4-5 trains per night going through, I won't get any sleep.

But the weather is nice.

Dan'l

Edit: Do you need a binky?

GRADS

Reaction score
So you never open your windows? I just know if I don't open our windows occasionally the house smells like a musty ass. I used to live next to one of the biggest rail yards in the country and at some point I found the sound of the trains soothing.

4Waters

Reaction score
So you never open your windows? I just know if I don't open our windows occasionally the house smells like a musty ass. I used to live next to one of the biggest rail yards in the country and at some point I found the sound of the trains soothing.
I open them but not while I am sleeping or when the wind is ripping. I sleep really lite, I hear cats running across the roof in the middle of the night. Oh and the engineers on the trains that run through here hate Simi I think, they hit that horn loud AF several times before each crossing.

WhatExit?

Reaction score

Your post just shows me how blind you and all the liberal lemmings are.

People of intellect won't stand for paying taxes up the ass while having their electricity shut off. This is 20 fucking 20 and without electricity people have nothing.

Meanwhile you're telling the other lemmings to "light a fucking candle, read a book or play a board game." Common sense isn't common. You've proven that. Again.

GRADS

Reaction score
People of intellect won't stand for paying taxes up the ass while having their electricity shut off. This is 20 fucking 20 and without electricity people have nothing.
Taxes and PG&E? Well that's interesting but makes no sense.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I talked to a couple board members today, 1 has power the other does not

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I am solar powered at Lake Oroville...but should the power outage hit No Ho in So Cal... I have three generators down here and two of them actually work...:eek:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
What about all those electric cars that the state has pushed for the past 10ish years? I think the majority of those people that bought them are going to be in for a reality check when their cars are disabled and they have no other means of transportation. Maybe this will open up some people's eyes as to how electricity works a bit.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

PDQH2O

Reaction score
[QUOTE="LuauLounge, post: 3492338, member: 4655"]To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction.
Isaac Newton

Why would anyone expect a different result?[/QUOTE]

I'm with Luau here. Why would anyone of either party expect any different? Guess PGE is going only doing what CA does with gas/road repair taxes and water companies do with rationing. Wait until everyone else follows suit.

So the plan to avoid liability instead of properly maintaining their equipment is to turn the power off every time it gets windy? Nice. The good people of CA can expect higher rates, not only for repair and replacement of power equipment, but also from lost revenue.

Maybe the leftist CA govt will buy all citizens a generator, starting with the illegals and the homeless, you know, because the rich do not pay their fair share.

When will the low info voters wake up and pay attention to their "representatives"?

WYRD

Reaction score
Grads sometimes you say the most ignorant things. There are plenty of other reasons to be concerned about power shutdowns that have nothing to do with you watching the latest episode of the batchelor. Medical fridges, support beds for ambulatory patients, breathing apparatus, iv pumps, ect.
Pull yore head outta yore ass and look around once in a while.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
[QUOTE="LuauLounge, post: 3492338, member: 4655"]To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction.
Isaac Newton

Why would anyone expect a different result?

I'm with Luau here. Why would anyone of either party expect any different? Guess PGE is going only doing what CA does with gas/road repair taxes and water companies do with rationing. Wait until everyone else follows suit.

So the plan to avoid liability instead of properly maintaining their equipment is to turn the power off every time it gets windy? Nice. The good people of CA can expect higher rates, not only for repair and replacement of power equipment, but also from lost revenue.

Maybe the leftist CA govt will buy all citizens a generator, starting with the illegals and the homeless, you know, because the rich do not pay their fair share.

When will the low info voters wake up and pay attention to their "representatives"?[/QUOTE]Same reason people push for electric cars. Their vision is just to the end of their collective noses and electricity come from magic unicorn farts that produce no contamination and just rip ass as soon as you hit that switch on your wall. Also the same reason why they think it's a good idea to give people a "safe place" to shoot up or provide free clean needles for their habits.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I read on here that PGE laid out something like $16 Billion last year to settle up after the fires.
My bet is that it isn’t going to happen again.
One way or another.

My prediction is that the shutdowns happen repeatedly until Newsom bends the knee.
Either releasing liability, subsidizing clearing, or combinations of the same.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It's what happens when government policies distort markets, introduce punitive laws and regulations instead of addressing the real issues, and ignore their own responsibilities.

Some of the biggest factors in this case are the failures of state and federal government to clear decades of deadfalls and floor load from forests, and the culpability of environmental activists and the left in those failures can't be ignored either.

The liberals' ignorance of the real world is illustrated by their militant belief that cutting down trees for any reason, including the critical need to remove the fuel loads present in forests that haven't been logged for generations, must be opposed at all costs.

People died last year because of the Sierra Club, but they're not the ones that were forced into bankruptcy, fined by the state, and sued by the estates of the dead. In spite of graphic proof that faulty forest management is responsible for the virulence of last year's wildfires, the fools that demand more of the same claim that global warming caused by man is the culprit.

Going...going...gone!
Home run.

Nailed it.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Pleasanton, CA police department made a viral joke about the PG&E shutdown … and people have strong opinions
The post has been shared more than 30,000 times

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 6.54.27 AM.png

PaPaG

Reaction score
Wally world and get 2 battery operrated fans and ear plugs
Go to wally world and pick up one of their 2 speed battery fans for 17 bucks each, they work great and move a lot of air to help sleep. We have them for emergencies and they have come in handy every time there was a power outage at the river.
477e6e7e-c880-4564-9e4e-aab2bf77f3b3_1.c8a8791dce38d0f0f30d3429980a71a4.jpeg

edog

Reaction score
California politicians ripping PG&E: ‘The Wild West doesn’t work’
By Dustin Gardiner Oct. 9, 2019 1:15 p.m. | The San Francisco Chronicle

SACRAMENTO — California political leaders were quick to raise concerns about the scope and duration of Pacific Gas and Electric Co.’s planned blackouts as the company began turning off power to large portions of the state.

Lawmakers said the prospect that 800,000 customers in Northern and Central California could lose power for several days demonstrated a need for legislation to ensure PG&E doesn’t overuse the practice.

The company says it must shut off power during dry, windy weather to keep its equipment from sparking more wildfires like those that killed scores of Californians in 2017 and 2018.

State Sen. Scott Wiener, D-San Francisco, who has proposed a bill to restrict shut-offs, said the state needs clear standards for when utilities can flip the switch. “The Wild West doesn’t work,” he said.

“It’s hard to overstate the impact of this massive rolling blackout,” Wiener tweeted. “People rely on electricity for their medicine, their food & their livelihoods ... We can’t let PG&E normalize these mass blackouts.”

Wiener’s bill, SB378, would levy hourly fines against utilities during planned blackouts and prohibit them from charging customers for service during that time. The Legislature is expected to hold hearings on the bill in January.

PG&E Power Shut-offs
PG&E has said shut-offs are necessary as a “severe wind event” hits Northern California. “We understand the effects this event will have on our customers,” a spokesman said, “and appreciate the public’s patience as we do what is necessary to keep our communities safe and reduce the risk of wildfire.”

But Wiener wasn’t alone in his criticism of the state’s largest utility.

Gov. Gavin Newsom said at a bill signing Wednesday that PG&E had focused for too long on its shareholders and not enough on customers.

“They are in bankruptcy because of their terrible management going back decades,” Newsom said. “They’ve created these conditions.”

State Sen. Jerry Hill, D-San Mateo, said the sweeping nature of the shut-offs shows PG&E has failed to make its system safe. He said blackouts that could impact people “in 34 of our 58 counties are by no means surgical.”

“PG&E needs to harden its system, make it resilient and make it safe, and not make power shutdowns the go-to response,” Hill said.

Members of California’s congressional delegation also raised alarms. Rep. Jared Huffman, D-San Rafael, questioned the possible length of the shut-offs, which PG&E has said could last up to a week in places.

“Understand need to prevent catastrophic firestorm but when this is over we must know why PG&E cast such a broad net + how long this tool will be used,” Huffman tweeted. “Widescale shutdowns are not a sustainable solution.”

Rep. Doug LaMalfa, R-Richvale, criticized both the utility and state government, saying California is seemingly “becoming a third world country.”

“Expecting the power to stay on when the wind blows isn’t that giant a leap for mankind, yet here we are 50 years after the first moon landing having great inconvenience and personal or economic losses for many of our residents,” LaMalfa said.

The congressman said he spoke with PG&E CEO Bill Johnson this week and “impressed upon him” that the utility must improve its transmission lines to reliably deliver power.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Politicians-ripping-PG-E-The-Wild-West-14504598.php

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Wally world and get 2 battery operrated fans and ear plugs

Go to wally world and pick up one of their 2 speed battery fans for 17 bucks each, they work great and move a lot of air to help sleep. We have them for emergencies and they have come in handy every time there was a power outage at the river.
477e6e7e-c880-4564-9e4e-aab2bf77f3b3_1.c8a8791dce38d0f0f30d3429980a71a4.jpeg
That might work, or just move out of Commiefornia. :D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
California politicians ripping PG&E: ‘The Wild West doesn’t work’
By Dustin Gardiner Oct. 9, 2019 1:15 p.m. | The San Francisco Chronicle

SACRAMENTO — California political leaders were quick to raise concerns about the scope and duration of Pacific Gas and Electric Co.’s planned blackouts as the company began turning off power to large portions of the state.

Lawmakers said the prospect that 800,000 customers in Northern and Central California could lose power for several days demonstrated a need for legislation to ensure PG&E doesn’t overuse the practice.

The company says it must shut off power during dry, windy weather to keep its equipment from sparking more wildfires like those that killed scores of Californians in 2017 and 2018.

State Sen. Scott Wiener, D-San Francisco, who has proposed a bill to restrict shut-offs, said the state needs clear standards for when utilities can flip the switch. “The Wild West doesn’t work,” he said.

“It’s hard to overstate the impact of this massive rolling blackout,” Wiener tweeted. “People rely on electricity for their medicine, their food & their livelihoods ... We can’t let PG&E normalize these mass blackouts.”

Wiener’s bill, SB378, would levy hourly fines against utilities during planned blackouts and prohibit them from charging customers for service during that time. The Legislature is expected to hold hearings on the bill in January.

PG&E Power Shut-offs
PG&E has said shut-offs are necessary as a “severe wind event” hits Northern California. “We understand the effects this event will have on our customers,” a spokesman said, “and appreciate the public’s patience as we do what is necessary to keep our communities safe and reduce the risk of wildfire.”

But Wiener wasn’t alone in his criticism of the state’s largest utility.

Gov. Gavin Newsom said at a bill signing Wednesday that PG&E had focused for too long on its shareholders and not enough on customers.

“They are in bankruptcy because of their terrible management going back decades,” Newsom said. “They’ve created these conditions.”

State Sen. Jerry Hill, D-San Mateo, said the sweeping nature of the shut-offs shows PG&E has failed to make its system safe. He said blackouts that could impact people “in 34 of our 58 counties are by no means surgical.”

“PG&E needs to harden its system, make it resilient and make it safe, and not make power shutdowns the go-to response,” Hill said.

Members of California’s congressional delegation also raised alarms. Rep. Jared Huffman, D-San Rafael, questioned the possible length of the shut-offs, which PG&E has said could last up to a week in places.

“Understand need to prevent catastrophic firestorm but when this is over we must know why PG&E cast such a broad net + how long this tool will be used,” Huffman tweeted. “Widescale shutdowns are not a sustainable solution.”

Rep. Doug LaMalfa, R-Richvale, criticized both the utility and state government, saying California is seemingly “becoming a third world country.”

“Expecting the power to stay on when the wind blows isn’t that giant a leap for mankind, yet here we are 50 years after the first moon landing having great inconvenience and personal or economic losses for many of our residents,” LaMalfa said.

The congressman said he spoke with PG&E CEO Bill Johnson this week and “impressed upon him” that the utility must improve its transmission lines to reliably deliver power.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Politicians-ripping-PG-E-The-Wild-West-14504598.php

7324F151-EC52-4CBC-9BC9-BBC27367D7CD.gif

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
How about this scenario:

The power goes out. Thus no charging of electric cars. Power out, do phones work? Cell phone towers have some battery backup I assume. But I can't imagine those could last for several days. So cell phones no longer work. Can't charge them anyway.

Fire breaks out.... no way to escape, no way to warn people. Reverse 911 not working, TV's not working. Electric Cars not working.

Yay, Callifornia!

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I've spent copious amounts of time in third world countries, hunting and fishing. Most of the cities in Sub-Saharan African countries, ie Lusaka, Zambia, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania suffer from the same type black/brown outs. Every residence I've ever been in, has their own back-up generator. Its just S.O.P.

Get used to living in a third world country. Vote these socialist out and it will eventually recover. Otherwise, it will only get worse.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Grads sometimes you say the most ignorant things. There are plenty of other reasons to be concerned about power shutdowns that have nothing to do with you watching the latest episode of the batchelor. Medical fridges, support beds for ambulatory patients, breathing apparatus, iv pumps, ect.
Pull yore head outta yore ass and look around once in a while.
Not one to usually ( ok ever:D) defend Grads ... But...
One would think these places have emergency backup power. If they don't, they haven't thought that out very well.
My MIL is on Oxygen and I am taking the proper steps to make sure she will have it.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Not one to usually ( ok ever:D) defend Grads ... But...
One would think these places have emergency backup power. If they don't, they haven't thought that out very well.
My MIL is on Oxygen and I am taking the proper steps to make sure she will have it.

The first knee jerk response in NorCal (bay and Sac) is to look to the government to solve your situation.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
How about this scenario:

The power goes out. Thus no charging of electric cars. Power out, do phones work? Cell phone towers have some battery backup I assume. But I can't imagine those could last for several days. So cell phones no longer work. Can't charge them anyway.

Fire breaks out.... no way to escape, no way to warn people. Reverse 911 not working, TV's not working. Electric Cars not working.

Yay, Callifornia!
What about all those solar panels producing power back into the grid?
LOL
I wonder which Liberal thought this through. Probably the same type that decided to rob Social Security or allow Nuclear Power plants without figuring out what to do with the spent fuel rods or........
LOL

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
As an employee of a nuclear plant...not in California but in good ole Michigan....I read this and can't help but be a little biased. Power outages are going to become the norm out there considering the government out there is closing one of the states largest power generators that produces ZERO, that's right ZERO carbon emissions....that would be the Diablo canyon nuclear plant. As for our spent fuel...it is currently in concrete casks in a security controlled facility ON SITE.....idk just seems asinine to me that everyone is freaking out about these power outages when there are many more on the horizon if the state keeps taking away huge amounts of power production with nothing replacing it....just my opinion however

grumpy88

Reaction score
I would recommend taking the stairs too . During a wide spread power outage if your stuck in a elevator you might be in there for a little while . Only so many guys to handle so many entrapments .

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score
From what I’m hearing on the local news, can’t light a candle either because the urban dwellers are burning their house down...

stoker

Reaction score
And if you want to heat your house at night don’t light a fire in the fireplace because that is illegal as well.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
We need to get some solar powered lights and fans for the photovoltaic panels and the windmills.

On the radio this morning, one of the news folks suggested that everyone in the affected areas go out to dinner to support the restaurants.
WTF is this state coming to?

WYRD

Reaction score
We need to get some solar powered lights and fans for the photovoltaic panels and the windmills.

On the radio this morning, one of the news folks suggested that everyone in the affected areas go out to dinner to support the restaurants.
WTF is this state coming to?
They must be having candlelight ham sandwich dinner specials