WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Raptors.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Hey Gang,

I called the friendly local Ford store today. I inquired about the 2020 Raptors and all the BS about what the power will be.

I told him I have a 2013 with 205K miles on it. It's time. He said that they know exactly what I know...nothing. He then went on to try to get me to drive a V6.

Hell, they could have 1000HP and I don't care, I'm not that buyer.

So, any SOLID beta from anyone out there in the know? I've heard all the 7.0 rumors, both N/A and supercharged.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I talked with Ford at auto show. Nothing on the 2020 trucks released yet. He said he had 18 Raptors on hand and could build me a Shelby one.

4Waters

Reaction score
They have been pretty tight lipped with all the trucks power numbers this year, it took them along time to release the power numbers for the 7.3 and the diesel for 2020

Reactions: TPC

Taboma

Reaction score
I put this up here a while back.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26912015/ford-f-150-raptor-v-8-supercharged/

I can’t see them putting the 7.3 in the raptor.

They've built exactly ONE of those, as an experiment. Neighbor drove it, it's above insane. It's locked in 4wd Hi so the driveline components don't explode.
Beat a ZL-1 Camaro that Ford had purchased to test against the GT500's in a drag race. A bucket load of $$$ would have to be spent on development.
Don't hold your breath waiting --- but who knows ?? Not heard anything from him regarding any V8s replacing the Ecoboost V6 and he's the guy in the desert, on the ground doing the development on these trucks. Last I heard he's been working and testing on new Explorers.
Some times he shares, some times he shows me a pic while holding his finger or thumb over something he doesn't want me to see, sometimes it's nothing more than a grin or smile, usually just a poker face --- damn it, he takes his NDA very seriously :( First thing he always asks when I pry is "Did you read or see that on the internet ?"
He's shared zero on the Bronco, other than months ago when their test mule wasn't even a Bronco body.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Same as it is now with coil spring rear is what I've heard.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I talked with Ford at auto show. Nothing on the 2020 trucks released yet. He said he had 18 Raptors on hand and could build me a Shelby one.

That's what the salesman tried to sell me. He said that I could buy a new V6 raptor, add 70K to it and send it to Roush for the upgrade.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
That's what the salesman tried to sell me. He said that I could buy a new V6 raptor, add 70K to it and send it to Roush for the upgrade.

I drove my buddy’s 2014 Roush the other day on dirt roads. (The pics I sent you)
6.2 blown.
Thing is nuts.
So that V6 would be what? $125k or more?
That’s pretty steep for 3/4 of an engine!

Boat 405

Reaction score
$100k plus raptor.... LOL What a complete waste. Buy yourself a diesel and save $25-30k and be able to tow anything you want at 85 and be able to STOP...

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I drove my buddy’s 2014 Roush the other day on dirt roads. (The pics I sent you)
6.2 blown.
Thing is nuts.
So that V6 would be what? $125k or more?
That’s pretty steep for 3/4 of an engine!

Sorry, that includes the V8 swap.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
$100k plus raptor.... LOL What a complete waste. Buy yourself a diesel and save $25-30k and be able to tow anything you want at 85 and be able to STOP...

Which is what this is for.
sportchassis1.jpg

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Rumor was that it was going to get the supercharged V8 from the GT500.

I have seen nothing surface to that effect yet however, this was all based upon the fact that the Rebel was going to go live, and it did....

The Dodge is going to provide some stiff competition for the Raptor, nice to see since GM refused to take up the challenge...whoever is running Gm is a moron.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I think the V6 will stay.

I watched a video the other day and it looks like it is going trailing arm in the rear with coils. The truck still sounded like an ecoboost.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
bronco.jpg
What about the Bronco? Is this what the Bronco will actually look like? Pretty badass if it is. I'm not a ford guy but damn, this thing might be worth up-ing the AAA towing:D

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Annnnd put what in the Chevelle? BTW, first car show Saturday night.

Take the motor from the Chevelle and put it in the Raptor. Take the motor from the Freightliner and put it in the Chevelle and the eco boost in the Freightliner.

Then when they need serviced you take the Raptor to Larry, take the Chevelle to Cummins and the Freightliner to Ford.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Rumor was that it was going to get the supercharged V8 from the GT500.

I have seen nothing surface to that effect yet however, this was all based upon the fact that the Rebel was going to go live, and it did....

The Dodge is going to provide some stiff competition for the Raptor, nice to see since GM refused to take up the challenge...whoever is running Gm is a moron.

I agree completely. GM is far too conservative on these special interest offerings. They come in late, with a bolt on POS. They tried to answer the Raptor with some aftermarket crap. The SS Pick-up came in late after the Lightening.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Take the motor from the Chevelle and put it in the Raptor. Take the motor from the Freightliner and put it in the Chevelle and the eco boost in the Freightliner.

Then when they need serviced you take the Raptor to Larry, take the Chevelle to Cummins and the Freightliner to Ford.

Smart ass. :D

Why not just wait for a V8 Raptor?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I'll buy a regular pick-up before I buy that or a V6 Raptor. I might even go look at the Hellcat Rebel.

Honestly, If you wanted a "project" find the right wrecked low mileage 5.0 F150, fix it and Raptorize it with a whipple supercharger. I found a couple trucks like that when I was looking for my F150.

I'm super happy with my regular F150 with the 3.5. It sounds fine with the "regular truck" exhaust. It is faster than a Raptor on the street anyway.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Smart ass. :D

Why not just wait for a V8 Raptor?

I looked at the Raptors yesterday because I’m tossing around getting one. No longer need the dually since buying the MH.

The sound of the V6 sucks but I don’t see the V8 coming back anytime soon. I thought for sure the mustang motor would be an option but doesn’t appear that way.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I'll buy a regular pick-up before I buy that or a V6 Raptor. I might even go look at the Hellcat Rebel.

Don't forget the raptors have great re sale value. You build a truck and try and sell it after investing $$$ you will get burned.

Not that you seem terrible worried about $$$ with all the beautiful toys:D

NicPaus

Reaction score

Not sure what all Shelby has to offer. Michael from Huntington Beach Shelby used to own a place at Echo. I was picking his brain on the new F250s and the 7.3 gasser. Sure he would take care of you on a new Raptor.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I don’t really need a Raptor anyway. More of a want. I have ZERO off road miles on mine.

That’s what RZR’s are for.

GET SOME

Reaction score
Rear trailing arms with coils will be the upgrade for 2020..
if your not going to off-road the Raptor no use in buying one get a loaded platinum and be happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GET SOME

Reaction score
Go drive the v6 raptor... the sound sucks power is amazing for a big truck..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

mbrown2

Reaction score
What is Ram doing? I saw the Rebel TRX but that was like 2018 and have not really read/observed anything in the new body style?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Just needs bigger mufflers...lol
It doesn’t make any difference who’s exhaust you use, the exhaust still sounds like ass. All the YouTube videos prove it. They sound good on startup, but as soon as the revs go up the more they sound like blowing raspberries in a paper towel tube.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
It doesn’t make any difference who’s exhaust you use, the exhaust still sounds like ass. All the YouTube videos prove it. They sound good on startup, but as soon as the revs go up the more they sound like blowing raspberries in a paper towel tube.

standard ecoboost don't sopund as bad. I imagine they have a less aggressive kit for quieting them down.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Don't forget the raptors have great re sale value. You build a truck and try and sell it after investing $$$ you will get burned.

Not that you seem terrible worried about $$$ with all the beautiful toys:D

That's true, but you lose about the same amount of real dollars, and if you payed ADM you never get that back.

Raptor costs $65k MSRP(plus what ever options and markup you paid), you sell it for $55k 2 years later.

Regular truck costs $40-$50K (lower than MSRP usually), you sell it for $30-$40K 2 years later.

Regular truck lost more as a percentage, but total loss of $ is pretty close between the 2.